• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Finals |OT| The "Big 3" looks to hang another banner... against the Heat

Pimpwerx

Just saw this on RGM. Thought it was interesting for those saying how bad Lebron is playing:

Tony Parker
Game 1: 21 Pts 0 Reb 6 Ast 2 Stl 0 BS @ 50%
Game 2: 13 Pts 3 Reb 5 Ast 0 Stl 1 BS @ 36%
Game 3: 6 Pts 2 Reb 8 Ast 0 Stl 0 BS @ 40%
Game 4: 15 Pts 4 Reb 9 Ast 1 Stl 0 BS @ 44%
Average: 13.8 Pts 2.3 Reb 7 Ast 0.8 Stl 0.3 @ BS 43.4%

Tim Duncan
Game 1: 20 Pts 14 Reb 4 Ast 0 Stl 3 BS @ 42%
Game 2: 9 Pts 11 Reb 1 Ast 0 Stl 0 BS @ 23%
Game 3: 12 Pts 14 Reb 1 Ast 0 Stl 2 BS @ 45%
Game 4: 20 Pts 5 Reb 1 Ast 0 Stl 1 BS @ 60%
Average:15.3 Pts 11 Reb 1.8 Ast 0 Stl 1.5 @ BS 41.5%

Danny Green
Game 1: 12 Pts 5 Reb 0 Ast 1 Stl 1 BS @ 44% (4 of 9 from 3)
Game 2: 17 Pts 1 Reb 1 Ast 0 Stl 1 BS @ 100% (5 of 5 from 3)
Game 3: 27 Pts 4 Reb 0 Ast 2 Stl 2 BS @ 60% (7 of 9 from 3)
Game 4: 10 Pts 4 Reb 4 Ast 1 Stl 1 BS @ 38% (3 of 5 from 3)
Average: 16.5 Pts 3.5 Reb 1.3 Ast 1 Stl 1.3 BS @ 57.9% (19 of 28 from 3, 67.9%)

Kawhi Leonard
Game 1: 10 Pts 10 Reb 1 Ast 1 Stl 0 BS@ 33%
Game 2: 9 Pts 14 Reb 2 Ast 1 Stl 0 BS @ 33%
Game 3: 14 Pts 12 Reb 2 Ast 4 Stl 0 BS @ 60%
Game 4: 12 Pts 7 Reb 0 Ast 1 Stl 2 BS @ 50%
Average: 11.3 Pts 10.8 Reb 1.3 Ast 1.8 Stl 0.5 BS @ 43.9%

Lebron James
Game 1: 18 Pts 18 Reb 10 Ast 0 Stl 0 BS @ 44%
Game 2: 17 Pts 8 Reb 7 Ast 3 Stl 3 BS @ 41%
Game 3: 15 Pts 11 Reb 5 Ast 2 Stl 0 BS @ 33%
Game 4: 33 Pts 11 Reb 4 Ast 2 Stl 2 BS @ 60%
Average: 20.8 Pts 12 Reb 6.5 Ast 1.8 Stl 1.3 @ BS 45.6%

Dwyane Wade
Game 1: 17 Pts 2 Reb 2 Asts 1 Stl 0 BS @ 47%
Game 2: 10 Pts 2 Reb 6 Asts 0 Stl 1 BS @ 38%
Game 3: 16 Pts 0 Reb 5 Ast 4 Stl 1 BS @ 47%
Game 4: 32 Pts 6 Reb 4 Ast 6 Stl 1 BS @ 56%
Average: 18.8 Pts 2.5 Reb 4.3 Ast 2.8 Stl 0.8 BS @ 48.5%

Bron is fighting against the curve. Tops in scoring and rebounding, and second in assists to (the best PG in the league) and he's been all but destroyed for his play. The expectations for him are bizarre. PEACE.

effzee

Big 3 plays like this and they are active on d they win all their games. Problem is that they don't have this much effort game to game which is concerning. Bosh should give this same effort on offense and defense but Wade I doubt can do it again.

And like I've said over and over it doesn't matter if Bosh and Wade miss these shots they still have to keep taking the shots and remain aggressive.

Wade, when playing like this, is such a pleasure to watch. His game is beautiful.

Game 6 and 7 on the road is not the same thing as game 1.

Game 7 on the road is a very very rare victory. When was the last time it happened in the NBA finals? the 60s?

69 was the only time it's ever happened. And that was with Wilt losing against Russell which was generally bound to happen no matter what.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Just saw this on RGM. Thought it was interesting for those saying how bad Lebron is playing:

Bron is fighting against the curve. Tops in scoring and rebounding, and second in assists to (the best PG in the league) and he's been all but destroyed for his play. The expectations for him are bizarre. PEACE.

...... no one's saying "lebron needs to pass the ball more"

That was the game he got benched, right?

Yes. Last game of Russell's career as well and the "those fucking balloons are staying up there" game.

In anticipation of a Lakers win, Lakers owner Jack Kent Cooke had ordered thousands of balloons with "World Champion Lakers" printed on them suspended from the rafters of the Forum. Flyers were placed in every seat stating, "When, not if, the Lakers win the title, balloons will be released from the raftors, the USC marching band will play "Happy Days Are Here Again" and broadcaster Chick Hearn will interview Elgin Baylor, Jerry West and Wilt Chamberlain in that order."[1] Before the game, the Celtics circulated in their locker room a memo about the Lakers' celebration plans.[2] Russell noted the giant net hanging from the ceiling during pregame warmups and said to West, "Those [expletive deleted] balloons are staying up there."[1] West was furious at the balloons for providing the Celtics extra motivation.[2] With only two true guards on the Laker roster and West still feeling the effects of the hamstring pull, Celtics coach Russell ordered his men to fast break at every opportunity.

Might be one of the worst losses in NBA history when you also take into consideration that the 69 Lakers were a super team with three of the greatest players ever up to that point.

thekad

Banned

Really strange how the stars have been limited so much. Is it just great coaching from both sides?

oh my god

some of these 'journalists' and 'reporters' are fucking embarrassing...

holy shit gregg doyel asked a non-trolling question?

Pimpwerx

Really strange how the stars have been limited so much. Is it just great coaching from both sides?

I think so. Two smart coaches and two great teams. I do think there's some flukish shit going on though. For how good both teams are, only one game has been close. That's just weird. PEACE.

Fantastic game by the Heat, no other way to look at it. If their Big 3 play this well, coupled with excellent team defense, it's pretty much impossible. Both teams are great at doing adjustments, so let's hope Pop can conjure some magic for Game 5.

Skip Bayless ‏@RealSkipBayless 13m
Uh-oh, LeBron wore his camouflage vest to the game. Soldier Mode. That must've been why Spurs had no chance.

lmao

I like skip but this finals is bringing '11 skip back

Oh man, watching Tiago play is too funny. Him and Cory Joseph to be honest. Although Joseph is more of a walking bad highlight reel than Splitter.

knicks

Wade: "Before the big 3 formed I passed the ball when I wanted, where as now I am passing because I feel like I am forced to."

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

had his first game over 20 today..

People expect LBJ to be at 20+ in 5 outta 7 games.. not really bizarre in the slightest.

The way Miami has played all year has been around that.

Lkr

is this a joke? duncan is old as fuck and has been rather effective defensively. parker wasn't needed for game 3. you're comparing lebron james to fucking danny green and kawhi leonard? REALLY?

Fjordson

Just played an online game of 2K. Got beat by Miami as the Warriors, Wade had 42. Even in video game form the mother fucker trolls me.

Westlo

That flashback to flash, glorious. Prime Wade > Prime Bron when it come to the eye test.

is this a joke? duncan is old as fuck and has been rather effective defensively. parker wasn't needed for game 3. you're comparing lebron james to fucking danny green and kawhi leonard? REALLY?

Danny Green is part of the spurs big 3 along with gary neal and TP.

I was here in spirit heat-age!! Almost had an international incident when this one ital motherfucker tried to change the channel to soccer but I made it.

Wade really is a big game player, fuck the haters. If James really has woke up, then that's all she wrote. Spurs must win next game.

KingJ2002

Spurs definitely must win next game or it's heat in 6.

which im actually looking forward to.

i do agree with magic... win or lose... the heat's big 3 time is over.... that CBA screwed the superteam idea from ever coming into fruition unless someone is willing to take a paycut

Top Bottom