• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Finals |OT| The "Big 3" looks to hang another banner... against the Heat

Spurs definitely must win next game or it's heat in 6.

which im actually looking forward to.

i do agree with magic... win or lose... the heat's big 3 time is over.... that CBA screwed the superteam idea from ever coming into fruition unless someone is willing to take a paycut
Micky said he's willing to pay as long as we're chipping. We will probably ride dwade out and make another move

Edit: also I don't know what all this talk about wade being a "top 5" SG is. Dude is definitely the 3rd greatest SG ever.

It's been said already but....Manu can't play anymore. It would be one thing if he was just missing shots. The dude can't dribble or pass anymore and its leading to too many turnovers and fast breaks. At this point in the series though, I'm not sure what Pop can do with him except put him on a tighter leash. And Manu can't be the focal point. When he's on the court, Duncan or TP have to be there with him.

Vestal

That flashback to flash, glorious. Prime Wade > Prime Bron when it come to the eye test.

Danny Green is part of the spurs big 3 along with gary neal and TP.

I would say Prime Wade was a more explosive scorer than Prime Bron. When he is on like last night it is a joy to watch, the guy can make the game look so easy in graceful way. Thats the difference I guess compared to lebron. LBJ is power in regards to scoring, Dwade has a lot of grace to the way he scores on you and makes you look foolish.

First team to win four games will be champion

dTHGeTy.gif

effzee

I think the amount of shots taken by each of the big three was ideal.

Wade/LBJ should average 22-28 shots per game. Make or miss the amount should be in that range. Signals aggressiveness.

Same with Bosh but obviously his shots should be at the lower end with 15-20 attempts.

More than that, the defensive and rebounding effort by all three of the big 3 was the real catalyst. Blocks, steals, rebounding, and energy on the close outs really threw the Spurs off.

Spurs are going to need Duncan and Parker to have monster games, Heat to regress AGAIN to their lull post win, and someone else to step up a little to help out.

Metta World Peace ‏@MettaWorldPeace 10h
King James , use those darn 50k$ Hakeen moves. Stop playing man

Wade stands for We Are defending Something

Shane stands for Sipping henny and nailing everything

Spurs burger taste the same as always. What a consistent food chain

Heats fans are not in stock. Meaning , the spurs were heat fans cooling off Miami. But not Miami is riding horses thru Texas like "bammm!!"

Bosh stands for Boy OMG SHOOSH

My bad Heat fans. This is over. I still Love SPurs burgers. But the Heat Told the chef , "Cook it good or your fired"

this guy

Sharp

First team to win four games will be champion
You could join ESPN and instantly become their most credible analyst.
MWP's strangeness stands out from other "look at me I'm weird" athletes like Birdman or a guy like Brian Wilson. He is right on that line between the point where you go "oh, what crazy shit did he say this time," and the point where you get concerned that he is genuinely fucked in the head and you worry that you're laughing at someone's mental illness.

Pimpwerx

is this a joke? duncan is old as fuck and has been rather effective defensively. parker wasn't needed for game 3. you're comparing lebron james to fucking danny green and kawhi leonard? REALLY?

No, comparing him to everyone else in the series. The standards for Bron are disproportionate. He's still outclassing everyone else in the series statistically, but to read the narrative, you'd think he was having another 2011. Below his normal? Sure. A bad series? Not really, unless no one is having a good series.

Funny that you should say it too, but so far, Danny Green has been San Antonio's FMVP. Comparing Lebron to the 2nd best player in the series is usually as good as you can do, because there's no one better than him...even when he's not hitting his own personal marks. PEACE.

Vestal

No, comparing him to everyone else in the series. The standards for Bron are disproportionate. He's still outclassing everyone else in the series statistically, but to read the narrative, you'd think he was having another 2011. Below his normal? Sure. A bad series? Not really, unless no one is having a good series.

Funny that you should say it too, but so far, Danny Green has been San Antonio's FMVP. Comparing Lebron to the 2nd best player in the series is usually as good as you can do, because there's no one better than him...even when he's not hitting his own personal marks. PEACE.

Green has been a spot up shooter, that's it. Ducan and TPs presence has created his shots. To put him, neal or Kwahi at the same level as LBJ, Wade, Duncan or TP is a disservice to all of them. Its like putting Shane or Mike Miller at the same level as the big 3 in last years Finals. Sure they contributed a lot and were freaking awesome. However they excelled because of the big 3.

Vestal

BTW hats off to the Spurs fans that actually stayed in the thread even after the loss. You guys at least know how to give it and take it. respect +1

Now to all those Spur band wagoners who only show up when the grass is Green.. We see you... (pun intended)

Pimpwerx

Green has been a spot up shooter, that's it. Ducan and TPs presence has created his shots. To put him, neal or Kwahi at the same level as LBJ, Wade, Duncan or TP is a disservice to all of them. Its like putting Shane or Mike Miller at the same level as the big 3 in last years Finals. Sure they contributed a lot and were freaking awesome. However they excelled because of the big 3.

Shane and Mike were never leading the team in scoring. TP hasn't had a good game outside of Game1. Duncan hasn't had the impact of even TP so far. Green's spacing and scoring have been pivotal in every SAS win. He's shooting at historic levels. And he's been splitting minutes with Kawhi on Wade and Lebron, and doing a good job at it.

I think giving it to Parker for having 3 good halves and playing no defense would be silly. Duncan I could see a case being made for, with his offensive boards and defense. However, Green has to be in that conversation through Game4. It's not about career accomplishments, it's about relevance to this series, and Green has had a bigger impact on the game than anyone else on SAS. Our entire defense has changed to compensate for him. With Parker, we just swap Rio and Cole, and adjust the pnr, but Green has a permanent spy on him at all times. He's a big part of the reason our rotations are so off. PEACE.

The Heat are what we thought they were. Th-they're what we thought they were. We played them in preseason. I mean, who the hell takes the third game of the preseason like it's bullshit? Bullshit! We played them in the third game, everybody played three quarters...the Heat are who we thought they were! That’s why we took the damn court! Now, *hits microphone* if you want to crown them, then crown their ass! But, they are who we thought they were, and we let them off the hook!

Vestal

lulz I wonder where Ken Masters disappeared to

Probably hanging out with his fellow high IQ fans on spurs realGM
Did you really think he would be around after a loss?! Oh Ph33nix you are too nice!
Shane and Mike were never leading the team in scoring. TP hasn't had a good game outside of Game1. Duncan hasn't had the impact of even TP so far. Green's spacing and scoring have been pivotal in every SAS win. He's shooting at historic levels. And he's been splitting minutes with Kawhi on Wade and Lebron, and doing a good job at it.

I think giving it to Parker for having 3 good halves and playing no defense would be silly. Duncan I could see a case being made for, with his offensive boards and defense. However, Green has to be in that conversation through Game4. It's not about career accomplishments, it's about relevance to this series, and Green has had a bigger impact on the game than anyone else on SAS. Our entire defense has changed to compensate for him. With Parker, we just swap Rio and Cole, and adjust the pnr, but Green has a permanent spy on him at all times. He's a big part of the reason our rotations are so off. PEACE.

Green is useless without Tony or Duncan on the floor. As soon as Miami started closing out on him he was non existant on the offensive end. He may be shooting 3s at a historic pace, but outside of that his impact is minimal. He can't create his own shot, that right there would make it impossible for a guy to be considered a series MVP, unless he consistently is putting up 20+ points and KILLING it on the defensive end.

bionic77

I think the Heat got this.

Game 4 was the pivotal game for me.

I can see the Spurs winning game 5, but I think the Heat win game 6 easily and then win a tight game 7.

Last night was the Spurs chance to finish them off and they didn't pull it off. Now they could still win if someone big on the Heat gets injured (looking at you Wade) or they have some kind of historically bad shooting night, but I wouldn't bet on it.

I jinxed the Spurs! They got dominated last night. Wonder if they'll bounce back again. If it's anything like the Pacers series, I say the Spurs win game 7 in Miami.

Sharp

I had a huge post here boiling down why people are kind of annoyed with LeBron, and maybe I will have a chance to finish it later (need to get to an interview) but basically: I think LeBron is a very smart player and is awesome at exploiting mismatches, but the best move for him the way the Spurs have been playing him (or against this kind of semi-zone defense in general) is to pass the ball out to guys like Miller and hope they make their shots, and that's fucking boring to watch.

As for the series: obviously the Heat have the advantage but (and I'll have to recalculate this) I don't think it's a huge one. Again--I think the teams are really evenly matched and people calling this series when a team has a one game lead are crazy unless it's game 7.

I had a huge post here boiling down why people are kind of annoyed with LeBron, and maybe I will have a chance to finish it later (need to get to an interview) but basically: I think LeBron is a very smart player and is awesome at exploiting mismatches, but the best move for him the way the Spurs have been playing him (or against this kind of semi-zone defense in general) is to pass the ball out to guys like Miller and hope they make their shots, and that's fucking boring to watch.

As for the series: obviously the Heat have the advantage but (and I'll have to recalculate this) I don't think it's a huge one. Again--I think the teams are really evenly matched and people calling this series when a team has a one game lead are crazy unless it's game 7.

People are calling this series and it's tied FFS

Zoctan

People are calling this series and it's tied FFS

I have no idea why this is happening. Just because the Heat won last night doesn't mean that momentum will carry into Sunday's game. If the Pacers series was any indication, Miami may come out lethargic.

Also never count out the Spurs or Pop.

MIA's defense in give a fuck mode seems to be able to get to a level higher than anything the Spurs have produced. That said,they never play in that fashion for two consecutive games, cause they lack discipline. well see what happens.

Fjordson

If Miami wants to be douchebags and troll everyone like they have been this postseason, then yeah, could trade wins until game 7. But if Wade and Bosh are anywhere close to last night these next few games then it's over.

Also the fact that I'd want to see Wade/Parker after 2 days of rest. Wade put together a complete game
stayed focused
for the 1st time in ages; can he do it again? Will Parker's hammy hold up? Can Manu/Splitter rebound and not play like complete ass? Will Pop continue the strategy of going under screens?

this is Celtics/Lakers 2010 all over again.

Spurs will barely win game 5 and then get blown out in game 6 then HEATREFS will win game 7 :p

nah game 7 will be a back and forth and someone like wario or cole will hit a key 3 at the end.

Pimpwerx

That San Antonio kid who sang the national anthem has been receiving racist tweets from what I can only imagine are the biggest douchebags on the planet. Seriously...racism at a child? Anyway, he had a very mature response:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=C5n4vQlpLJU

Props to the kid. He killed the anthem TWICE on a national stage. Hopefully his voice doesn't crack and he can use those pipes to reach stardom. Fuck the haters. PEACE.

I could see the Heat winning game 5 and then blowing game 6 cause they think they got it won

Then again I can see lots of things happening and they usually don't

That San Antonio kid who sang the national anthem has been receiving racist tweets from what I can only imagine are the biggest douchebags on the planet. Seriously...racism at a child? Anyway, he had a very mature response:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=C5n4vQlpLJU

Props to the kid. He killed the anthem TWICE on a national stage. Hopefully his voice doesn't crack and he can use those pipes to reach stardom. Fuck the haters. PEACE.

America's stupidity bothers me often

Vestal

So now that Miami has "solved" the 3 point issue that presented itself to them, how does SA adjust? I believe Neal can get his shots if they work him off screens, however Green to me is a spot up shooter and not one that can reliably make 3s coming off multiple screens.

Now if LBJ and Wade are once again hitting the mid range shots in Game 5, then how will SA defend them?

Lots of questions for pop to come up with solutions.

I'd rather start fat god Borris Diaw then Splitter again , guy is shook and dead

hell if Miami goes small again, start Blair.

Manu needs to play at most 10 minutes.

I'd rather start fat god Borris Diaw then Splitter again , guy is shook and dead

hell if Miami goes small again, start Blair.

Manu needs to play at most 10 minutes.
I don't think Splitter will be as bad as he was in Game 4, it's incomprehensible that a role player played that terribly at home. And when you think of it Spurs need him out there for 20+ minutes, his presence on the boards is needed. Remember, Spurs ain't beating Miami by going small; virtually no one does.

BadAss2961

LOL

I didn't realize what a great gif that would make.
I think the Heat got this.

Game 4 was the pivotal game for me.

I can see the Spurs winning game 5, but I think the Heat win game 6 easily and then win a tight game 7.

Last night was the Spurs chance to finish them off and they didn't pull it off. Now they could still win if someone big on the Heat gets injured (looking at you Wade) or they have some kind of historically bad shooting night, but I wouldn't bet on it.
Yup.

I'm still holding out hope, but it's not looking good.

I gotta say... It feels like the Heat SHOULD win game 5. And, as a Lebron super fan, that's fine with me.

Can't wait until he comes back to Cleveland to atone for sins of days passed.

Vestal

I don't think Splitter will be as bad as he was in Game 4, it's incomprehensible that a role player played that terribly at home. And when you think of it Spurs need him out there for 20+ minutes, his presence on the boards is needed. Remember, Spurs ain't beating Miami by going small; virtually no one does.

Ok then how do you line em up to start..

You got Wade Bron Bosh Miller Chalmers
Against Duncan Splinter Green Parker Leonard

You just can't match up with that lineup. If you switch green to Wade you have Splinter on Miller chasing him off screens or away from the basket trying to defend miller on the 3 point line it wont work. He is not as Athletic as West to be able to do that.

Top Bottom