• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Finals |OT| The "Big 3" looks to hang another banner... against the Heat

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
In my honest opinion, I really truly believe we are going to win Game 6 at home.

I think it will come down to winning back to back games. Something we have been unable to do for an entire month.

Of course it will? You either win back to back or lose the finals.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
IMO they should stick 1 defender on Green up in his face 100% of the time.. No switching and live with Parker beating us in the lane.. But Danny Green shouldn't get 10 3 point attempts

without bigs or anyone capable of staying in front of parker, they're boned

they have to play perfect team defense and communicate without any errors if they keep up the small ball defensive idea. i mean, it CAN work. it probably will if at least two guys other than bron step it up on the defensive end. the problem is what pimp said earlier - green is going to get more open looks than anyone else in the entire series and that's pretty much the gamble that miami has to take in the meantime. hope the guy misses or get a train run on them inside.

Pkaz01

has espn always done the finals or do they rotate?

they need to be as far away from basketball commentary as possible when it comes to the main stage. They are fucking terrible

Vahagn

As a Laker fan, there are no good outcomes to this series...either team winning sucks.

But, instinctively, I can't root for the Heat. Just can't do it. Every time they mess up or SA does something good it's clear who my allegiances are for.

Sorry Heat-Gaf, I tried.

DY_nasty

See I don't get this Cole was able to shut down Kyrie and stop Harden from getting in the lanes last finals. But TP just burns him with speed alone.
Its easy to make it hard for anyone who's the sole offensive threat on their squad - especially for ONE game vs an entire series

Besides, SA runs an offense that Cleveland won't be able to understand until 2021. The amount of offball pressure and decisions that SA's offense puts on opposing point guards is mindblowing. I thought Russ was going to hang himself last year.

See I don't get this Cole was able to shut down Kyrie and stop Harden from getting in the lanes last finals. But TP just burns him with speed alone.

Parker is on a different level than Kyrie and Harden. Yeah those guys are good gonna be great but Parker is the best in the league at getting to the rim

As a Laker fan, there are no good outcomes to this series...either team winning sucks.

But, instinctively, I can't root for the Heat. Just can't do it. Every time they mess up or SA does something good it's clear who my allegiances are for.

Sorry Heat-Gaf, I tried.

Even with Kobe's legacy as top player of his generation on the line?

I don't expect Miami to win two in a row given Pop's coaching. The guy is masterful at making adjustments. A good example is entering Manu into the starting line up and giving Neal the green light.

Vestal

without bigs or anyone capable of staying in front of parker, they're boned

they have to play perfect team defense and communicate without any errors if they keep up the small ball defensive idea. i mean, it CAN work. it probably will if at least two guys other than bron step it up on the defensive end. the problem is what pimp said earlier - green is going to get more open looks than anyone else in the entire series and that's pretty much the gamble that miami has to take in the meantime. hope the guy misses or get a train run on them inside.

I prefer parker taking acrobatic 2s than green taking open 3s. I live with the 2 points, the more Parker has to produce the more energy he needs to spend.

Bron needs to come with Game 4 mind set of pushing the ball on every Spurs miss. We got complacent instead of pushing the ball every possession. We also need hustle on the defensive end, get back on misses and stop watching people, get in front of them.

Sorry Heat-Gaf, I tried.

Spurs winning shouldn't have any effect on the Lakers or their players. Lakers will have won 5 chips and Kobe will go down as a really good player. Regardless of what happens.

You're not a Laker Fan.....there are plenty of things up for discussion in the history books. Team of the era, Goat coach, lots of stuff.

Phil Jackson has 11 rings and if the Spurs win, Pop will have 5. That isn't up for discussion.
Team of the era? Both teams will have won 5 so... it will be a tie. What other stuff?

DY_nasty

I prefer parker taking acrobatic 2s than green taking open 3s. I live with the 2 points, the more Parker has to produce the more energy he needs to spend.

Bron needs to come with Game 4 mind set of pushing the ball on every Spurs miss. We got complacent instead of pushing the ball every possession. We also need hustle on the defensive end, get back on misses and stop watching people, get in front of them.

I don't think you're grasping what a good point guard constantly in the paint does to a team.

It wouldn't even be Parker laying the ball up. It'd be your entire defense inside out and in a state of chaos because the first and second pass from that point is what decimates teams. Its better to dare a guy to step up and score while the 2nd help defender runs at them than to let an MVP candidate go 1 v 1 with the grand prize of no designated help defender waiting. It'd be an instant loss IF Tony Parker doesn't hyper extend his knee while putting his foot all the way up Miami's ass first.

Miami needs to go back to the conventional lineup in Game 6. They went small and won Game 4 but killed Miller's game in the process. Pop then started Manu and he destroyed Miller on O, gotta use Haslem and hope Miller's game resurrects at home.

Top Bottom