• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Finals |OT| The "Big 3" looks to hang another banner... against the Heat

Vestal

Surprisingly Stephen A. has been on the money this year with predictions.

I dunno about 30 though, I'll be happy with a W even if it means 1 point.

Only way that happens is if Miami gets off to a ridiculous start on both ends like they did in Game 4 and the Spurs give no fucks. Pop pulls the starts mid 3rd in a 18pnt game and calls it a night.

I don't think its in the Spurs DNA to give no fucks in a possible close out game. I expect a close game till late 3rd quarter when Ducan/Parker rest, that's when we blow it open.

thekad

Banned
I feel like Battier would shut down Green. He's always done well taking spot up shooters out of their game.

Chalmers on Parker
Wade on Kawhi
Lebron on Splitter/Diaw/Neal

Gut prediction: Since the hot trend of this Finals is neither team winning B2B games, I think it gets bucked tonight. Spurs win and close out the series. Most are expecting Miami to win tonight and for this trend to continue. All the Joe Publics are thinking this and the bookmakers are going to make a killing tonight when San Antonio wins.

http://uncw.edu/media/767665/johnson-magic-2012-1-h.jpg

Magic's got a surprisingly strong hairline. What a waste of a good head of hair. You should only go bald when you're actually bald. /Seinfeld

DJ88

Fuck man this game is so huge. The Heat better not get too confident and think "We've been down before and always respond, we'll do it again easy" or "We're at home so we got this". They need to seriously play as hard and as fast as they did in Game 4. I'm tired of seeing them attack the basket so much after a loss, then wander around the perimeter after a win. They need to ram that ball down their throats from the opening tip. I don't know what I'll do if we go out there, start with a weak ass 1st quarter, and put ourselves in a catch up game again.

Tonight:

1364982105676.gif

Danny Green is shooting 50% on contested 3's. I'm sure Battier can get that number down to regular levels, but then you're playing Battier on offense.

Gut prediction: Since the hot trend of this Finals is neither team winning B2B games, I think it gets bucked tonight. Spurs win and close out the series. Most are expecting Miami to win tonight and for this trend to continue. All the Joe Publics are thinking this and the bookmakers are going to make a killing tonight when San Antonio wins.

Magic's got a surprisingly strong hairline. What a waste of a good head of hair. You should only go bald when you're actually bald. /Seinfeld

Nope. Miami got this. Not losing at home.

First close game since Game 1, and the game winner, series winner, is hit by...

T-MAC!

DO IT, POP!!

I would be done with the NBA.

Couldn't get any better than that.

the only person right will be cowherd. this is one of those "heat cant lose!" games that they buy into and they'll lose

relax.

you guys got this. You are home. Haven't lost back to back games. LeBron is gdlk in elimination games. Manu isn't going off again.

you got this.

relax.

you guys got this. You are home. Haven't lost back to back games. LeBron is gdlk in elimination games. Manu isn't going off again.

you got this.
that's the point though! eventually they lose one of those "you got this!" games cause now at any point the spurs shooting could go off and there isn't dick to do about it

that's the point though! eventually they lose one of those "you got this!" games cause now at any point the spurs shooting could go off and there isn't dick to do about it

But it hasn't happened yet. You are home too. Role players play better at home. The Spurs have been carried by one star and a role player or two each game. Last game withstanding, the Spurs' big 3 have been held in check in a sense. I also doubt Manu will go off again.

Have faith man.

Yeah I mean, they didn't lose consecutive games in all of the 2011 playoffs before the Finals. Then they went on to lose 3 in a row in games 4, 5, AND 6. Game 6 was in Miami so I don't know how important of a factor that is.

Vire

But it hasn't happened yet. You are home too. Role players play better at home. The Spurs have been carried by one star and a role player or two each game. Last game withstanding, the Spurs' big 3 have been held in check in a sense. I also doubt Manu will go off again.

Have faith man.

70hwUkf.png

Believe.

Pimpwerx

Game day! Time to prove what this team is really made up. We made our bed, so it's time to sleep in it. Gotta play with a burning desire to win. Let's go HEAT! PEACE.

Top Bottom