• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Finals |OT| The "Big 3" looks to hang another banner... against the Heat

If Miami loses, it's an even greater upset than Dirk and friends upending them in 2011.

God, this should've happened on Tuesday. 20 seconds away. :(

Seriously, this is going to be like a 24 to 27 point win, somewhere around there. Just a complete beat down with the crowd going bonkers right from the start. You'll see a big run to start the first quarter and an early timeout by San Antonio. Should be around a 9 point lead at the end of the first and probably upwards of 15 to end the half. San Antonio even keeping the game close is hard to imagine, let alone getting a W.

exarkun

If the Spurs win tonight it will be the biggest upset since Naruto beat Neji at the Chuunin exams.

Nah, Ichigo surviving his encounter with Byakuya while trying to rescue Rukia when they were transporting her. Pre-bankai.

Thanks for the line info, Id prolly take SA. This has "close game" written all over it.

It will be interesting to see how the coaches manage minutes. Both teams are down to like 6 players that do not result in the other team going on an immediate run.

If splitter plays more then 30 seconds i'm going to snap.

Crowd better bring it tonight. Loud as fuck every possession and no leaving.

After being embarrassed and called out by the media I'm sure the frontrunner fans will stick this one out.

i have finals tomorrow so i can't watch the whole game. i set my clock to approximately the 4th quarter. if the spurs are up or if its close i will watch, if not i will sleep and not check the result till the evening.

Jeff McDonald ‏@JMcDonald_SAEN 11m
From @NBAPR: Spurs are 4-0 following a loss this postseason, with average victory margin of +18.5. 2-0 in Finals, by average of 26.0

Make it happen Pop

Vahagn

I picked Heat to win this series so I'm sticking to it, but people are exaggerating. There's no way this game is decided by half time, or even the third quarter.

I see this being more like 2010 Finals Game 7 than the 2012 Finals Game 5 all ya'll are predicting.

So I'm not sure what to do

I'm seriously do NOT want to go to the same Popeye's. if they see me there 4 times since last sunday...that is embarrassing

but what if THAT popeye's is the magical one!?!?

Jag

Nothing is guaranteed. Every game of this series has been so inconsistent and different from the prior one.

The talent levels on these teams are so high that to say one team will blow the other away is all hype. More likely we'll see it stay close and if Miami still has some gas in the tank, they can probably pull it out in the 4th.

I'm seriously do NOT want to go to the same Popeye's. if they see me there 4 times since last sunday...that is embarrassing

You know what you have to do.

Vahagn

This is going to come down to whether Lebron really found something in the fourth quarter that's eluded him all game...or whether that was just Timmy being out/defensive lapses by the Spurs.

I don't see Miami catching fire from mid range this game when they've struggled all series. So if the Spurs can prevent the fastbreak, run their schemes to protect the paint, and close out on the 3 point threats

This is going to come down to whether Lebron really found something in the fourth quarter that's eluded him all game...or whether that was just Timmy being out/defensive lapses by the Spurs.

I don't see Miami catching fire from mid range this game when they've struggled all series. So if the Spurs can prevent the fastbreak, run their schemes to protect the paint, and close out on the 3 point threats

If I'm Pop, and I see that they have Lebron on TP again on defense, I seriously have TP have like 3 off ball screens per possession. I think the wild card is Manu. If he can play closer to game 5 than game 6, I think the Spurs win.

if you haven't lost since you've been getting it, i'd just suck it up and do it again! do you really want to risk it?!

Derwind

Grab Popeye's but don't force yourself to eat it all. Simple.

I thought you were a true fan, with real superstitions.

You're going to let that stop you from doing what you know you have to do?

You KNOW you have to eat that chicken, bro.

Champs do what it takes, including win ugly.

You know what you have to do.

Eat that magic yard bird.

PBY

Banned

Phee.

PHEE PHEE

LISTEN TO ME. THIS IS BIGGER THAN YOU.

YOU PICK YOURSELF UP, DRIVE TO THAT POPEYES, LOOK RIGHT INTO THE DRIVE THRU LADY'S EYES AND GET THAT HOLY CHICKEN.

BURN THE BOATS DAWG. LOOK IN THE MIRROR AND TELL YOURSELF- "I AM THE CHICKEN GOD."

Vire

Phee.

PHEE PHEE

YOU PICK YOURSELF UP, DRIVE TO THAT POPEYES, LOOK RIGHT INTO THE DRIVE THRU LADY'S EYES AND GET THAT HOLY CHICKEN.

BURN THE BOATS DAWG. LOOK IN THE MIRROR AND TELL YOURSELF- "I AM THE CHICKEN GOD."

:lol

effzee

No way Miami wins tonight. Spurs never lose back to back. Pop the God coach. Miami will attempt to keep it close but again in the 3rd quarter SA will blow it wide open and this time maintain and grow their double digit lead into the 4th quarter.

I expect score to be around 47-42 SA up at half. Final score around 98-83 Spurs. GAME is over mid way 4th quarter.

No way Miami wins tonight. Spurs never lose back to back. Pop the God coach. Miami will attempt to keep it close but again in the 3rd quarter SA will blow it wide open and this time maintain and grow their double digit lead into the 4th quarter.

I expect score to be around 47-42 SA up at half. Final score around 98-83 Spurs. GAME is over mid way 4th quarter.

lol.

the whole nobody wins back to back, and the Spurs are gdlk after losses stuff is all silly.

The Heat shouldn't have won last game if you left it up to stats.

and yet...here we are.

Phee.

PHEE PHEE

I love this place. lol

Derwind

LePopeyeJames.jpg

Top Bottom