• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 NBA Finals |OT| The "Big 3" looks to hang another banner... against the Heat

To be fair after Jordan the NBA and the media looked for the next Jordan every year

Penny Grant Hill AI Kobe Carter all got that same hype train

Especially Hill and Penny

Ace, you know good and well, this is different than saying Kobe/AI/VC/Hill/Penny could be the "heir apparent" and making comparisons of LeBron to Jordan as the potential new GOAT.

Before winning a single championship.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
The point I'm illustrating is that the whole "Cavs team was garbage" is a drastic over exaggeration due to people thinking it was competing with super teams or thinking of the 2013 version of themselves. Every team then had one superstar except the C's.

This just flat out isn't true

Vahagn

Just correcting illogical revisionist history by showing another clear example.

Same with the Magic. Look at Rashard, Jameer, HEDO, Alston now.

Trying to act like the drop off from 2009 Cavs players to 2013 Cavs players is because Lebron made all his teammates better is silly because that's the case across the board for most teams.

Much of those teammates who were battling in the Finals or CF are hot garbage right now.

Blackace

Ace, you know good and well, this is different than saying Kobe/AI/VC/Hill/Penny could be the "heir apparent" and making comparisons of LeBron to Jordan as the potential new GOAT.

Before winning a single championship.
I know good and well that all those players were GOAT just like LBJ and Melo were Magic and Bird for NO reason

It's just for ratings

Hate LBJ for the DECISION whining flopping not being able to use a screen or for weak footwork

Not for the media

Vahagn

No you are not...

Go back and look at the rosters of the Magic, the Nuggets, the Suns, the Lakers and compare those players to how they are now.

90% of those players are either out of the league or irrelevant like Lamar or HEDO. The fact that people only think this way about the Cavs teams isn't anyone's fault but their own

I know good and well that all those players were GOAT just like LBJ and Melo were Magic and Bird for NO reason

I have never heard the media say any of those guys (AI/VC/Kobe/Grant/etc) were the GOAT before winning anything.

If you want to compare LeBron's passing to Magic, that's one thing but to start a conversation about GOAT when you were swept in the Finals and lost to Dirk and the Pips?

I remember last year, when LeBron finally won, ESPN was ranking how dominant that Finals victory was and how it ranked against Jordan's victories.

It was must see TV.

Vahagn

Ffs Cavs had HC and were the havy championship favorites going into the postseason both those years.

In 3 years when Wade and Bosh are busted role players someone's gonna say "look at this shit Lebron played with in 2011 it's a small wonder he carried that team a far as he did"

Blackace

Go back and look at the rosters of the Magic, the Nuggets, the Suns, the Lakers and compare those players to how they are now.

90% of those players are either out of the league or irrelevant like Lamar or HEDO. The fact that people only think this way about the Cavs teams isn't anyone's fault but their own

The fact Lamar isn't as good as he once was doesn't change the fact that the Cavs were hot trash

Blackace

Ffs Cavs had HC and were the havy championship favorites going into the postseason both those years.

In 3 years when Wade and Bosh are busted role players someone's gonna say "look at this shit Lebron played with in 2011 it's a small wonder he carried that team a far as he did"
This might be the stupidest thing I have read in here

Vahagn

4 - 40% 3 point shooters.
Shaq coming off of All Star season
Jamison coming off of All Star Season
Mo coming off of All-Star season
Verajao who was one of the best defensive bigs in the game

You're crazy if you think that's a bad team in 2010.

This might be the stupidest thing I have read in here

You just wait. There's already "Lebron needs help" posts and articles on ESPN

Ok, Vahagn....

The year after Jordan left in 1994: Bulls had 50+ wins. Not a shit team.

The year after LeBron left Cleveland in 2011: Exactly.

Staph it, brah.

Blackace

4 - 40% 3 point shooters.
Shaq coming off of All Star season
Jamison coming off of All Star Season
Mo coming off of All-Star season
Verajao who was one of the best defensive bigs in the game

You're crazy if you think that's a bad team in 2010.

You just wait. There's already "Lebron needs help" posts and articles on ESPN

Mo forced on the all-star and Shaq clearly a shell of his former self Jaminson as well
Yeah great points

You just showed how little you know! Awesome

And Wade chipped without LBJ and if anything is overrated

BadAss2961

Vahagn is actually right about this shaming of the Cavs bullshit. They were a solid team of role players built around LeBron's game.

Blackace

Vahagn is actually right about this shaming of the Cavs bullshit. They were a solid team of role players built around LeBron's game.
They were a solid defensive team but that's it
Claiming they were good because Mo Williams was an all-star is sad

BadAss2961

They were a solid defensive team but that's it
Claiming they were good because Mo Williams was an all-star is sad
They were good enough to dominate the regular season, and good enough to be favorites among championship contenders for a couple seasons. Now people literally talk about them like they were a joke. And LeBron is a bitch for going along with it.

Also, the media is already succeeding in shaming Wade and especially Bosh to protect LeBron. The insiders like Stephen A who suck up to the superstars don't want to piss off Wade, so they let him off the hook with his phantom knee excuse. But they're just teeing off on Bosh. lol

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
And kill 1946 to 2013 Knicks teams

vgAXcD7.gif

Try harder rook ..... try harder

So Durant is signing with Jay Z? Jay is making power moves...

Yup, confirmed now.

"KD doesn't want a traditional NBA agent anymore," a league source with knowledge of his thinking told Yahoo! Sports on Friday night. "He wants Jay-Z to handle his branding. …He had a chance to be with his idol and couldn't say no."

wtf? idol? lol.

Vahagn

Y'all got serious reading comprehension issues.

1) No one said the Cavs supporting cast were as good as Jordan's Bulls (also didn't 3 Peat) or that Mo was as good as Pau

2) I pointed out that judging the Cavs supporting cast by how they are now, instead of forgetting how good those players were then, in that system is stupid. And skews the issue. Just like comparing 2013 version of the 2009-10 Lakers, Nuggets, Suns, Magic teams would do the same thing. I'm right on this, no one can say that Lamar, Farmar, Vujacic, Ariza, Bynum, Shannon Brown, Channing Frye, Jared Dudley, Hedo, Rafer Alston, Jameer, Etc. are leaps and bounds better this past season than Jamison, Verajao, Mo, etc. SOME OF THOSE GUYS a little better? Sure. Leaps and bounds better? No. So I don't wanna hear about how crappy Mo is on the Jazz. That's irrelevant cuz rafer fucking Alston ain't even in the league no more.

Kobe, Dwight, Lebron, Wade - none of those guys were on a team with multiple HOFers...the league was so spread out back then you could get away with one real true HOF player. We can get into Pau all day long. Suffice it to say if Pau was used then like Pau or Bosh are used now. He wouldn't be as great.

3) Bolton. I don't think Kobe 6 = Jordan 6. But I'm consistent. I know that Bird, Magic, Kareem, West, Shaq, Timmy...none of those guys won Finals MVP every year they chipped either. You seem to only use that argument against Kobe. Kobe 6 with 3 finals MVP's is better than Bird 3 with 2. Or Duncan 4 with 3, or Shaq 4 with 3. Or Kareem 6 with 2. Same Finals MVP's, more chips right? Makes objective sense?

I don't know where he'd be. Easily above Shaq and TD and Dream. Probably 6th all time.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
but I don't think there's any other obnoxious spurs fan besides him except jobber. But jobber probably dies after this finals so that's good.

so salty after getting dat broom

why don't you take a break until the draft...oh yeah the Suns have your pick right?

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
no I think the cavs do

Put that on your wii u and play with it

meh...If the rumors are true, Minnesota will waste that pick on some guy that won't be in the league in 2 years.

I don't have console loyalty. Video games are starting to suck. If it wasn't for PS+, I wouldn't turn on my ps3.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
meh...If the rumors are true, Minnesota will waste that pick on some guy that won't be in the league in 2 years.

I don't have console loyalty. Video games are starting to suck. If it wasn't for PS+, I wouldn't turn on my ps3.

What are the rumors?

Y'all got serious reading comprehension issues.

1) No one said the Cavs supporting cast were as good as Jordan's Bulls (also didn't 3 Peat) or that Mo was as good as Pau

2) I pointed out that judging the Cavs supporting cast by how they are now, instead of forgetting how good those players were then, in that system is stupid. And skews the issue. Just like comparing 2013 version of the 2009-10 Lakers, Nuggets, Suns, Magic teams would do the same thing. I'm right on this, no one can say that Lamar, Farmar, Vujacic, Ariza, Bynum, Shannon Brown, Channing Frye, Jared Dudley, Hedo, Rafer Alston, Jameer, Etc. are leaps and bounds better this past season than Jamison, Verajao, Mo, etc. SOME OF THOSE GUYS a little better? Sure. Leaps and bounds better? No. So I don't wanna hear about how crappy Mo is on the Jazz. That's irrelevant cuz rafer fucking Alston ain't even in the league no more.

Kobe, Dwight, Lebron, Wade - none of those guys were on a team with multiple HOFers...the league was so spread out back then you could get away with one real true HOF player. We can get into Pau all day long. Suffice it to say if Pau was used then like Pau or Bosh are used now. He wouldn't be as great.

3) Bolton. I don't think Kobe 6 = Jordan 6. But I'm consistent. I know that Bird, Magic, Kareem, West, Shaq, Timmy...none of those guys won Finals MVP every year they chipped either. You seem to only use that argument against Kobe. Kobe 6 with 3 finals MVP's is better than Bird 3 with 2. Or Duncan 4 with 3, or Shaq 4 with 3. Or Kareem 6 with 2. Same Finals MVP's, more chips right? Makes objective sense?

I don't know where he'd be. Easily above Shaq and TD and Dream. Probably 6th all time.

Kareem 6 chips 2 Finals MVPs is more
Impressive than Kobe 6 chips 3 finals MVPs. Why? Kareem won 6 MVPs, was the first option on 3-4 of the chips, and more dominating. I'd say that Hakeems 2 rings are just as if not more impressivs than Kobe's 5 since Hakeem pretty much did it alone. Shaq's 3 chips with Kobe are more impressive than Kobe's 5 (2 being without Shaq).

If LeBron were to win 4 chips but be the dominating player on those 4 teams it's more impressive than Kobe's 5.

Vahagn

Kareem 6 chips 2 Finals MVPs is more
Impressive than Kobe 6 chips 3 finals MVPs. Why? Kareem won 6 MVPs, was the first option on 3-4 of the chips, and more dominating. I'd say that Hakeems 2 rings are just as if not more impressivs than Kobe's 5 since Hakeem pretty much did it alone. Shaq's 3 chips with Kobe are more impressive than Kobe's 5 (2 being without Shaq).

If LeBron were to win 4 chips but be the dominating player on those 4 teams it's more impressive than Kobe's 5.

When Kobe does it, I'm not impressed

Top Bottom