• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 FIFA World Cup |OT| Spa1n v The Netherland5

Status
Not open for further replies.

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
Come on Eto'o! Make it rain goals!

As a Latino in NY, I love my Mexicanos but I am so sick of Univision's sports caster pandering to their Mexican viewers. You would think Mexico is winning the whole tournament watching just a few mins of this station. Hopefully they don't survive this round.

Cam - Mex 2-1

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
pP2zn5N.jpg
BLABLURRRRRRRNNNNNN!!!
Anyways i hope they win too.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul

As a Latino in NY, I love my Mexicanos but I am so sick of Univision's sports caster pandering to their Mexican viewers. You would think Mexico is winning the whole tournament watching just a few mins of this station. Hopefully they don't survive this round.
Cubavision panders to any demographic that'll make them money like us Mexicans. Also poor excuse to hate mexico tho...

Derp1na

Banned
ITV hasn't even discussed the game yet or teams, shoehorning England (again). Taking the piss now.

I didn't tune in to the hour-long build up because I was expecting the second part of the Rickie Lambert story.

Is every game going to have an hour long build up? It's ridiculous. There's nothing to discuss that takes an hour.

BrazilGAF I have a question for you. How do you feel about the referring in the opener? I'm curious to hear about the reaction from the team that had a 12th man.

Also Mexico-Cameroon starting soon, rooting for the Indomitable Lions.

The overall consensus of media and fans here is that Brazil played better and deserved to win, but the way it happened was not right (regarding the penalty). Some people are trying way too hard to find other mistakes made by the referee tho, but the only clear cut one was the penalty.
I still think that if Croatia had kept attacking after the first scored they could have scored again, but they forgot attacking after that.

Two things media people keep talking about here:
1) This same referee supposebly robbed Brazil of a penalty against Netehrlands in 2010 in the match that eliminated Brazil. I don't remember the play tho.
2) In 2002, the last Brazil WC title, Brazil won the first match 2-1 against Turkey also using a wrong called penalty (on luizão, scored by rivaldo). Nobody seems to remember that.

For those away from a TV right now, live feed has started here:

http://globoesporte.globo.com/futebol/copa-do-mundo/temporeal/13-06-2014/mexico-camaroes/

tbm24

Cam - Mex 2-1

Well, it is Univision. Not sure what else you can expect. Regardless the actual cast of the game has been just fine, and since I've been at work for the opener yesterday and the first 2 games today, their online stream is fantastic.

Anth1888

I didn't tune in to the hour-long build up because I was expecting the second part of the Rickie Lambert story.

Is every game going to have an hour long build up? It's ridiculous. There's nothing to discuss that takes an hour.

ITV are just regurgitating England news for the first part then we have about 10 minutes discussing the actual game! Hope BBC don't do another wankfest over England in the Spain game tonight.

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
Cubavision panders to any demographic that'll make them money like us Mexicans. Also poor excuse to hate mexico tho...
I agree :( but I don't hate them.... Mexico Mexico... Actually wait I do hate the way they play. Neymar has nothing on the Mexican dive team and they usually play dirty (they remind me of the Italian league teams).

The overall consensus of media and fans here is that Brazil played better and deserved to win, but the way it happened was not right (regarding the penalty). Some people are trying way too hard to find other mistakes made by the referee, but the only clear cut one was the penalty.
I still think that if Croatia had kept attacking after the first scored they could have scored again, but they forgot attacking after that.

Two things media people keep talking about here:
1) This same referee supposebly robbed Brazil of a penalty against Netehrlands in 2010 in the match that eliminated Brazil. I don't remember the play tho.
2) In 2002, the last Brazil WC title, Brazil won the first match 2-1 against Turkey also using a wrong called penalty (on luizão, scored by rivaldo). Nobody seems to remember that.

For those away from a TV right now, live feed has started here:

http://globoesporte.globo.com/futebol/copa-do-mundo/temporeal/13-06-2014/mexico-camaroes/

I think that last one has more to do with Rivaldo sending a Turkish player off with his playacting overshadowing the penalty.
Still interesting to know how the winner's feel about lousy referring in their favour. Usually you hear about the falling out with the team that gets screwed over like the women's semi's between Canada and the U.S.

pulga

Banned
While as much as I want my fellow CONCALAFF bros to do well, I then remember entitled fucks like David Faitelson and co. and wish to see them decimated
wtzgU.gif

inky

While as much as I want my fellow CONCALAFF bros to do well, I then remember entitled fucks like David Faitelson and co. and wish to see them decimated
wtzgU.gif

What is Faitelson up to these days. Fuck, I haven't watched Mexican TV in forever. Is he still Jose Ramon's lapdog?

Plus, Hon vs Mex has been a growing rivalry for years now, so I don't believe you want us to do well ;P

jabuseika

Mexico will wins this, or it'll be a tie.

I'm worried about Mexico's back line, there's not much speed there and they've had trouble with fast counter attacking teams, and Cameroon will probably exploit that.

Meier

The Onion's World Cup Players to Watch slideshow is amazing. Just a taste of the greatness:

Cristiano Ronaldo
Strength: Hair gel slathered all over body allows him to easily slip away from defenders
Weakness: Shy in front of cameras
Biggest Fan: Mirrors
Favorite Player From Childhood: Cristiano Ronaldo

Lionel Messi
Strength: Has enough money to order pretty much whatever he wants when out at a restaurant
Weaknesses: Looks especially tiny on soccer’s biggest stage; Low center of gravity would be useless in weightless environment of space
Trademark Goal Celebration: Staring blankly at teammates while standing quietly
Favorite Part Of World Cup: Incredible feeling of pride playing for country he hasn’t lived in since he was 12

Neymar
Strengths: Is Brazilian but doesn’t have to live there; Dives after every loose ball
Biggest Secret: Actually thinks Brazilian protesters make some very good points
Time He’ll Spend In Brazil After World Cup Is Over: 17 Minutes

Clint Dempsey
Strengths: Has veteran poise that young U.S. squad needs to remain composed in face of crushing defeat; Equally adept with both left and right elbows
Weakness: Captain of the U.S. men’s soccer team
Best Attribute: Special knack for scoring late consolation goals
Greatest Accomplishment: Convinced Jurgen Klinsmann he is actually 20-year-old German player
Future Plans: Watch World Cup knockout rounds from comfort of home in Seattle

http://www.theonion.com/articles/world-cup-players-to-watch,36267/

Nakho

I live in Natal and yesterday it was pretty crazy how many Mexicans were here on the streets and touristy spots, chanting and having a good time. So I guess I'm cheering for Mexico to come out of this group in second. Dale Mexico!

pulga

Banned
What is Faitelson up to these days. Fuck, I haven't watched Mexican TV in forever. Is he still Jose Ramon's lapdog?

Plus, Hon vs Mex has been a growing rivalry for years now, so I don't believe you want us to do well ;P

Moved away from L.A. last year so I haven't caught any ESPN in a while, but last I saw him he said "Mexico va pasar la hexagonal caminando" :p

Cronometro with Joserra is GOAT though

sestrugen

wtzgU.gif

Nowadays he is very negative about the expectations the team has, I mean how can you think otherwise when they struggled so much and were gifted the ticket to the WC, even he can't deny that they didn't deserve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom