• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 FIFA World Cup |OT| Spa1n v The Netherland5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noema

Two hours until kick-off! This Cameroon game is crucial for us. We NEED to win because then, even if we lose to Brazil, worst thing that will happen is that we're tied for 2nd place going into the third game.

Mexico needs to win today. No two ways about it.

Road

I heard it's raining in Natal where mex vs cam game gonna happen

It's been raining for hours in Natal.

BqBD3jGCAAAdESB.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/search?q=arena dunas&src=typd&mode=photos

Jarnet87

Hope Chicharito starts and scores. He needs to have a great World Cup so Lewis Van Ghaleon sees him play well and then ships Danny Welbutt off instead.

inky

Hope Chicharito starts and scores. He needs to have a great World Cup so Lewis Van Ghaleon sees him play well and then ships Danny Welbutt off instead.

LOLs.

Well, he is not starting so there's that. Even if he had a great cup, that would only make it easier for him to sell if I'm being honest. Sadly, I think Chicha has one foot out the door already unless no one really wants him, but I've heard Inter, Juve and a couple of mid table Spanish teams want him.

I'm more worried about Ochoa starting instead of Corona. I don't know if it is Televisa pressure
(who am I kidding, I know and it is)
and that they are looking for a "big" club for him to play (i.e., anything that is not a Ligue 2 French team, and he's been offered to Barcelona as backup iirc) but with an already slow defensive line he's going to be big a liability back there. I don't think he is terrible, and I hope I'm wrong, but we'll see.

Arksy

Don't follow football outside the world cup, haven't had a look at anything. Going with my gut.

Mexico - Cameroon 2-0
Netherlands - Spain 0-1
Chile - Australia 1-2

As an Australian my pride won't let me let Australia lose.

Good sell on the flop. Ref had no chance.

Yeah, I yelled penalty and even after a couple of replays was sure that it was the right call.
The fact that the Croatian player had his arms around Fred at some point did not help either.
This particular shot makes it clear that there was no push/pull/hold tho...
Maybe a soft grab, but if that's a penalty all matches would have 6 of those to each side.

Never going to see the Brazil crowd the same way.

9wGLcDO.png

/dead.

That stadium is gourgeous... I really hope the grass survives all this rain.

Kandinsky

All Chilenos we should meet and have a GAF party full of booze and pastel de choclo. I'm not Chileno but I'm in Santiago at the moment and bored.

I wanna hang an Italian flag from my balcony and see what kind of reactions I get. I'd anticipate rocks thrown at my window?

I would be game if I didnt have to work lol

I like how everyone has faith in us to either not lose or barely lose to Spain. I'm a bit more pessimistic but it's hard not to get your hopes up just before kick off.

mellz

13 G. Ochoa
4 R. Márquez
2 F. Rodríguez
18 A. Guardado
22 Paul Aguilar
15 H. Moreno
7 M. Layún
6 H. Herrera
23 J. Vázquez
19 O. Peralta
10 G. dos Santos

16 C. Itandje
2 B. Assou-Ekotto
14 A. Chedjou
3 N. N'Koulou
4 C. Djeugoue
17 S. M'Bia
6 A. Song
18 E. Enoh
9 S. Eto'o
13 E. Choupo-Moting
8 B. Moukandjo

mellz

Isn't Bedimo better than BAE? Cameroon's right back was born 1992, has 3 caps for the NT and plays in the Cameroonian league, wouldn't Matip be better there?

Wilbur

Banned
Wtf is up with all you people picking Mexico over Cameroon? Jean Makoun will be the best player on the pitch by far.

Cameroon will win this by more than 2 goals. You heard it here.

Tears stream down your face

Wtf is up with all you people picking Mexico over Cameroon? Jean Makoun will be the best player on the pitch by far.

When you lose something you cannot replace

And I...

I promise you I will learn from my mistakes

And I...

Lights will guide you home

And ignite your bones

And I will try to fix you

BrazilGAF I have a question for you. How do you feel about the referring in the opener? I'm curious to hear about the reaction from the team that had a 12th man.

Also Mexico-Cameroon starting soon, rooting for the Indomitable Lions.

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
Lucky? In select situations yes, but look at the facts: Possession, shots, shots on goals - Brazil is way ahead.

Thats what I am saying. Sure Brazil got lucky but Croatia did not deserve to win at all. They sucked! Lets put it this way. All goals were scored by Brazilians. Should have been 2-0 Brazil.

Linius

When you lose something you cannot replace

And I...

I promise you I will learn from my mistakes

And I...

Lights will guide you home

And ignite your bones

And I will try to fix you

It took me a while to figure out what you were posting here. Now it's stuck in my head.

bishopp35

The fireman from Natal are right now making the final inspection on the stadium. And that's because yesterday FIFA didn't allowed them to go inside for the final check. smh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom