• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 FIFA World Cup |OT| Spa1n v The Netherland5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linius

nkQ8SeO.jpg

Can't wait to see Chile Vs. Australia.

My chilean sister has lived in Australia for the past 2 years with her Aussie boyfriend. So it's going to be a really fun match for us :p

Mexico 1 - Cameroon 3 (e'to hattrick)
Netherlands 0 - 0 Spain (tie, so hopefully one doesn't make knockout stages)
Chile 3 - 0 Australia

ESPN Brasil bashing the japanese referee. Thank god we at least have a great quality on sports press.

My predictions for today:

Cameroon 1 x 0 Mexico

Netherlands 1 x 2 Spain

Chile 2 x 0 Australia

Portugeezer

Ramos is in much better shape than Cristiano Ronaldo, plus Ramos gave Real Madrid much more than Ronaldo lately.

Ramos was absolute shit until the last few games of the season, he is lucky he had something to play for because his contributions weren't so good for most of the season.

Magni

I'm hoping we're done with refereeing fuck ups for the tournament but who am I kidding. Hopefully none today.

Today's games:

MEX 1-1 CMR
ESP 3-2 NED
CHI 4-0 AUS

Two hours until kick-off! This Cameroon game is crucial for us. We NEED to win because then, even if we lose to Brazil, worst thing that will happen is that we're tied for 2nd place going into the third game.

The pitch in Manaus is looking mighty fine for the England-Italy match tomorrow..
Man this World Cup is shaping up to be the worst ever. I didn't think South Korea rigging it in 2002 and the vuvuzelas in 2010 could be beaten, but Brazil definitely is a worthy contender.

Just give it to Germany till the end of times pls

i_am_ben

running_here_and_there
Seems weird everyone's predicting that Australia will get smashed when they're gonna win the whole thing.

Gaf so crazy.

Jarnet87

Kovac looks like a combination of 20 different people. A little Mulder, a little JLG, a little Zach Braff, a little Til Schweiger, and a bunch of other actors.

Thiago Silva looks like the singing sword in Who Framed Roger Rabbit

Brasil-Italia-Thiago-Silva-640x480-FotoArena.jpg

16003-21221.jpg

why is everyone predicting that the Spain vs Netherlands game to get lots of goals?

It will be a low scoring affair I tell you, both playing it safe

All Chilenos we should meet and have a GAF party full of booze and pastel de choclo. I'm not Chileno but I'm in Santiago at the moment and bored.

I wanna hang an Italian flag from my balcony and see what kind of reactions I get. I'd anticipate rocks thrown at my window?

Talon

Hey folks,

Posted up the last of four pieces on the World Cup - the series was more targeted as a primer on key storylines going into the tournament for folks that don't pay a ton of attention to soccer.

Right on Schedule - The Germans are right on schedule.

Previously:
For Home and Country - The extraordinary pressure upon Brazil as it hosts the tournament.
In Search of a Dynasty - Spain defends its crown.
Making his Mark - Messi looks to solidify his legacy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom