• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 FIFA World Cup |OT| Spa1n v The Netherland5

Status
Not open for further replies.
no offsides on corner kicks.. if it was a Mexican player deflecting it, and Dos Santos was behind the defenders it would've been offside as the game continued after the corner kick..

but what happened here is complete bull.

Yeah, thank you for the clarification. Some one else made the point above as well on this page. It was a goal. If Mexico had deflected it forward with the two Mexicans past the defense it wouldn't have been a goal...but since Cameroon deflected it forward even though they were already past them....it's not off sides and thus a goal. Thanks!

These refs suck.

Because sports. Have you never watched an NCAA basketball or football game? Hell, an NFL game?
Thankfully not
I've seen NFL games yea

I've watched rugby and tennis games too and it works just fine. Just give the fourth official a tv and everytime a goal is scored he checks whether is regular or not. Of course 30 seconds might be exaggerating, but so is 10 minutes. However long it takes, it's still better than having games ruined like this.

Think of the lols tho

cdnxif.gif

kvvzlg.gif

alqone.jpg

V6ypLTI.jpg

CA68Ksy.jpg

It still makes me angry.

Suen

Can't remember any making 4 wrong calls on balls that ended up in the net. In the space of 120 minutes.

That is fucking disgusting, this tournament can go fuck itself it's tainted already.
You haven't seen Lee Probert's love for Arsenal. I had tears from it.

ChapaNDJ

Banned
You can bet your sweet argentinian ass that Argentina will get help from the refs

No way, i'm pretty sure they are going to go against us, like they usually do.
That being said, we barely have 4 decent players, the rest is trash.

I hope we lose in an epic kind of way against Iran and Bosnia so people stop this hyperbolic garbage about the argentine team being one of the best.

My bets are on Italy or England. If any of these 2 wins, i'll be happy for them.

That foul on Cameroon was a clear yellow at first glance. But on the replay, you can tell that it wasn't as intentional as I first thought, and the Mexican player kinda oversold it. He waited a beat too long before propelling himself backwards. I think that might have been the reason that a yellow wasn't called. Or the ref could just suck. 50/50.

People need to realise refs have to make a swift decision, they're only human they make mistakes. Might be costly but blame the Fifa for not introducing help

Meier

Eto'o should have done better there.

Why are shirts so tight when the average fan can't fit into them?????

They usually sell a different "replica" shirt that costs about 2/3rd the price of the game style one. I assume that they're fitted slightly different as well (never bought the more expensive version).

Nakho

Man, I feel bad for both teams. Our city is known as the Bride of the Sun, since we have 300+ sunny days every year. You guys were really unlucky to get this tropical storm, I don't even remember the last time it was this bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom