• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 FIFA World Cup |OT| Spa1n v The Netherland5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arjen

Only shitty thing is that we're probably going to lose my man Daley next season :(
Best not be those fucking Spurs again.

Nyx

Just watched the highlights of Spain - Netherlands and got tears of happiness from it.

So many emotions... I love football!

3D3F3E4C-4997-4D81-AC87-053D78A725E9-2689-000003B8D6EEBF29_zps0e19e298.jpg

Between him and Courtois.

You gotta be kidding me. Lloris has been garbage.

Fuck I just woke up and apparently Buffon is injured now? How do these people get injured all the time, it never happens to me

Hopefully Sirigu is fit, Perin is worse than Hart

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
I need your honest opinion. Will Italy be able to beat England? I currently favor you but you are making me nervous.

Italy has Balotelli, it will do fine
marioshirt.gif

EDIT: Just realized he's younger than me, he's only 23 years old, jesus christ i feel old now

WriterGK

Just watched the highlights of Spain - Netherlands and got tears of happiness from it.

So many emotions... I love football!

Yeah that's fantastic. I still have to watch it again. But yesterday after the match I could almost cry tears of happiness as well :)

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
The Berlu gif is a spoof btw, though I can totally see him doing this.

I need your honest opinion. Will Italy be able to beat England? I currently favor you but you are making me nervous.
We're favourites on paper but you never know! I mean if a mediocre Holland can humiliate Spain then ANYTHING can happen!

DarkFlow

Banned
I watched the Spain match today in Spanish while waiting for my kids doctor's appointment. It was way more exciting them any American broadcast I've seen, and I didn't even understand what they were saying lol. I do know the announcer let a long goaaaaaaaaaaal when Spain got on the board.

WriterGK

I watched the Spain match today in Spanish while waiting for my kids doctor's appointment. It was way more exciting them any American broadcast I've seen, and I didn't even understand what they were saying lol. I do know the announcer let a long goaaaaaaaaaaal when Spain got on the board.

And what did you hear the announcer say when Holland scored 5 times ;) :) ? :p

Toothpick

I've never been more hype watching soccer than I was watching the Spain v Netherlands match.
Every goal from the Dutch was so amazing, and the last one where Robben destroyed Casillas... everyone at the viewing party was going apeshit.

and to think i was thinking of skipping it because i thought it'd be a 1-0 or draw tiki-taka match.

Divius

So what can we expect today? I'm quite looking forward to Eng-Ita but that game starts at Midnight here :c

I'm not familiar with the other teams; what are the predictions?

ghst

thanks for the laugh
so today is the day. thanks to holland for exposing spain's total imperial collapse and taking the pressure off every other team in the tournament a little. whatever happens tonight, it's probably not going to be as humiliating as what happened to the fallen champs.

i was all set for england to go out playing with positivity for once and if we lose, we lose, but since the pitch is a fucking mario kart track, maybe we should save that positivity for whoever we bring on after 60 minutes.

fuenf

I've never been more hype watching soccer than I was watching the Spain v Netherlands match.
Every goal from the Dutch was so amazing, and the last one where Robben destroyed Casillas... everyone at the viewing party was going apeshit.

and to think i was thinking of skipping it because i thought it'd be a 1-0 or draw tiki-taka match.

best thing about the goal was how you already could already imagine how it would play out once the pass was played. I guess that's what getting shot by a slow motion bullet must feel like.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
whats up with all the first games in each group being the "killer games"? Spain-Holland, England-Italy, Germany-Portugal o_O

Who was that guy who spent all last season here defending Man Utd and saying they got unlucky because they always had the best possession statistics? I feel like there are a few of his Spanish cousins in this thread!

bjaelke

So what can we expect today? I'm quite looking forward to Eng-Ita but that game starts at Midnight here :c

I'm not familiar with the other teams; what are the predictions?
Not expecting a lot from the first match.

Greece kept more clean sheets than any other European team in World Cup qualifying (eight).

Greece have failed to score in five of their six games at the World Cup, scoring only against Nigeria (2-1) in 2010 with goals by Dimitris Salpingidis and Vasilis Torosidis.

(Injured) Falcao was Colombia’s top scorer in qualifying with 9 goals, scoring a third of the South American side’s goals.

Today I intend to be watching football from 5pm - 4am.

And a good day it will be!

Le Mans on one monitor and football on the other. Sleep can wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom