• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 FIFA World Cup |OT| Spa1n v The Netherland5

Status
Not open for further replies.
FORZA AZZURRIIIIIII

italy-flag.gif

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Sadist

539c3c19e7056-Baas_Martins_Indi.gif

How great was this.
Bruno Deathstare!

Those claiming Uruguay will beat Costa Rica for 3-0 , 4-0 will be surprised , I even think C.R. can win the match in Joel Cambell and Bryan Ruiz have a great day.
After last night I shouldn't say anything about being sure, but Ruiz is a shadow of his former self. While playing for Twente he was brilliant, Fantastic. Seeing him play with PSV... it's just sad. They broke him at Fulham.

Wow, I usually don't pay much attention, but I can't believe what happened yesterday.

Spain seemed to be in terrible physical condition. They sort of dominated the game the first 35 minutes or so and then they just fell apart. They looked exhausted, slow and imprecise, completely out of ideas (not a good thing for a team that relies on that). That goal just before the half-time and the early goal in the second half left them in shock, running around aimlessly and making mistake after mistake. It must have been painful for them.

The Netherlands were full of confidence after that first goal and completely dominated the rest of the game. This must be the worst game I have ever seen from Spain. They were totally lost on the field during the second half. It must be one of their worst results of all time as well and it could have been even worse. Morale must be really low right now and they are playing against a team in top physical condition in a few days. Unless Del Bosque and the team pulls off a miracle (and I don't see how), they are done in this World Cup.

Congrats to the dutch from a spaniard, you played great.

Kiraly

14/06 2014 Women's Hockey World Cup FINAL Netherlands - Australia
15/06 2014 Men's Hockey World Cup FINAL Netherlands - Australia
18/06 2014 FIFA World Cup Netherlands - Australia

We coming for ya socceroos

v1lla21

My predictions for today. While I've been wrong on the score I've yet to be wrong on who wins. Hopefully I get them all right today too ^_^

Colombia 3, Greece 1
Uruguay 3, Costa Rica 1
England 1, Italy 2
Ivory Coast 2, Japan 2

Please football gods give us an Italian collapse similar to Spain so that we can have many lols. Also let Costa Rica beat Uruguay because Suarez is a dick.

The day after..

I still could not believe what happened last night when I opened my eyes this morning. I had to open up my local news app and watch the highlights for it to sink in again. We won.. 1-5 against Spain...

Still.. There is hardly any euphoria coming from the players and this, I believe, will make a difference if you compare it to the European Qualification in 2008 where we won from France with 1-5.
There are 4 players in the Dutch team that know what it takes to win each match. Coupled with van Gaal's ''crazy'' character but also his incredible coaching skills, this World Cup can possibly be another great run.

Hoo-doo

Banned
The day after..

I still could not believe what happened last night when I opened my eyes this morning. I had to open up my local news app and watch the highlights for it to sink in again. We won.. 1-5 against Spain...

Still.. There is hardly any euphoria coming from the players and this, I believe, will make a difference if you compare it to the European Qualification in 2008 where we won from France with 1-5.
There are 4 players in the Dutch team that know what it takes to win each match. Coupled with van Gaal's ''crazy'' character but also his incredible coaching skills, this World Cup can possibly be another great run.

We need the team level headed. Good.

But goddamn if this match isn't going to spark some crazy fucking World Cup Hype here in the Netherlands. Last night the entire city turned into Mad Max over a group stage match for crying out loud.
Can't wait.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
I think England vs Italy will be a boring 0-0.

maybe for the first 60 mins. then woy unleashes the young blood and it's 6 - 1 by the time he's finished his 85 minute sausage roll.

(we let a cheeky one roll in cause we were having so much fun)

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Again just going with whjat I put on Kick Tipp:

Colombia 1 - 2 Greece
Uruguay 1 - 0 Costa Rica
England 1 - 0 Italy
Cote D'Ivoire 2 - 1 Japan

I couldn't bring myself to make a prediction against England, predicting anything with your own team is always difficult anyway.

Not sure about my predictions this time but I refuse to change once i've set them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom