• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 FIFA World Cup |OT| Spa1n v The Netherland5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firemind

Please football gods give us an Italian collapse similar to Spain so that we can have many lols. Also let Costa Rica beat Uruguay because Suarez is a dick.

One the one hand I don't want that insufferable twat Rooney to win. On the other hand the Italians are too cocky. The meltdowns would be glorious.

Both:

I go for Ellen too.

i7H0qx1qr8GDS.png

SkylineRKR

Is this the new Dutch thread for Dutch things?

This'll all end when we abruptly lose to Mexico in the second round.

Could very well be. We opened 2008 against the World Champion, mauled them and then went on to kill the vice worldchampion and we exited the stage against Russia in the 2nd round and the worst thing it was not undeserved at all.

What irritated me most, is all that walking around and celebrating with their children etc. Only do that when you hold the trophy imo.

Arjen

Could very well be. We opened 2008 against the World Champion, mauled them and then went on to kill the vice worldchampion and we exited the stage against Russia in the 2nd round and the worst thing it was not undeserved at all.

What irritated me most, is all that walking around and celebrating with their children etc. Only do that when you hold the trophy imo.

Fuck man, I was so devastated after that match.

SkylineRKR

Nah you guys lost euro because Russia had guus.

Guus isn't really a tactician though. But he's very good with individuals and star players.

Russia were fit. During extra time, where I thought we would push through, they kept outpacing us. That was the biggest shock to me.

Nah you guys lost euro because Russia had guus. No other comparable manager to van gaal in this tournament

Nah. We had van Basten who is a terrible coach and also decided to give the whole squad a rest in the 3rd poule match. Almost every single player that day had injuries or muscle pain by the end of it.

They got hyped about how good they were, it was embarrassing. Sneijder was and is the worst offender of getting way too cocky. He took like 50 long shots that went nowhere vs Russia.

No way in hell that thing in spoliers will happen, I think your path till the semis are guaranteed.

2008, we will never forget and we can only hope the players don't either.

SkylineRKR

When did we ever lose against Argentina? Aside from that rigged world cup final in the 70's? They suit us very well and we're absolutely not afraid of them. Same kinda goes for Brazil, who we mostly outplayed during our meets.

Portugal and Germany are nations that usually fuck us up.

They got hyped about how good they were, it was embarrassing. Sneijder was and is the worst offender of getting way too cocky. He took like 50 long shots that went nowhere vs Russia.

2008, we will never forget and we can only hope the players don't either.

Yeah and I expected Sneijder to be an issue during WC 2010 but he was one of the most determined players there. It was RVP almost causing an issue with his substitution remark. I think Sneijder is fine now.

2008 isn't nearly as bad as 2000 though, thats the one Tournament we absolutely had to win. France were incredibly relieved when they saw us being eliminated. Missing 2 penalties in 90 minutes is just ridiculous.

defel

17:00, 20:00, 23:00, 02:00.

My backlog weeps.

Not sure. A very weak defence and minimal protection from midfield doesn't have the makings of a winning side.

English defense isn't the best but its unfair to say its very weak.

Come on Roy, for the love of god play sterling and sturridge together. Stick Rooney on the wing out of the way

BoerBert

2008 isn't nearly as bad as 2000 though, thats the one Tournament we absolutely had to win. France were incredibly relieved when they saw us being eliminated. Missing 2 penalties in 90 minutes is just ridiculous.

That was terrible. Why didn't Bergkamp take one of those two? Never understood that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom