• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 FIFA World Cup |OT| Spa1n v The Netherland5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Road

What a stupid opening.

It would have been better to just let any Samba school do their parade.

Being during daylight doesn't help either.

Didn't even know the World Cup had on opening ceremony, who the hell watches this? it's not like the Olympics where the actual sporting events suck and it's all about the ceremony.

In other news, injury for De Sciglio, he's now at the hospital for tests. We're screwed.

Not a fan of opening ceremonies in general but this one seems especially naff. Glad they're recognising the contribution of ents to the sport though.

LuuKyK

I like their representation of the araucarias. Its a very common tree in the southern part of Brasil.

araucaria_21155249.jpg

TBF I've been awake since 4pm yesterday (it is now 1:30pm) so I was a bit worried that I'd fall asleep before kick off, but this show has woken me right up. I'm genuinely thankful.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
This would be so much better if it was dark and they could have a proper light show too
Whats with the half empty crowd though

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
The president and president of Fifa are not giving speeches because they fear they will get booed, like the Confederations cup.

Victory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom