• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 FIFA World Cup |OT| Spa1n v The Netherland5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brazil names game's MVP.

wveE0rO.jpg
mission accomplished mr. blatter

Disappointing performance from Brazil in the second half. Looked like they ran out of energy after the first half and had to fall back. Non-penalty allowed their counter-attacking to make the result much more comfortable than it should have been. Either Croatia are a quality team or Brazil need to step it up big time if they want to win. And from the poor level of crossing and finishing on the Croatians' part, they didn't seem too strong.

Rion

Lol. All 4 goals were scored by Brazil. Oscar was awesome. Ref was bad. But really, Croatia didn't do anything worth a win.

survivor

Banned
Well glad Brazil won, but that performance wasn't very impressive. Any team with strong counter attacking will give them tons of trouble. And the referring didn't help this match. Hopefully Scolari irons things out for the next matches.

Crosseyes

Banned
For big calls like those goal awarding penalties and goal line calls they could really use replay. Looks to me like the ref just got fooled, not making a phantom call.

Do people blame more the refs for not seeing through the flops or the floppers for fooling them in the first place?

Pimpwerx

I tried watching this game, world.

I just can't do it. Guys flailing around all over.. its like the very worst of the NBA, except all game long.. from every player.
You'll see more great footwork in 5 minutes than you'll in the entire playoffs, bruh. Maybe I'm biased because this is the first sport I played, and the one I played most of my life, but soccer is amazeballs. Today's game wasn't BSD to watch. Not the prettiest effort, but there was more than enough attacking. PEACE.

SxP

Anyone who watched the Confederations Cup last year should've seen (something like) that penalty call happening from a mile away. This isn't the last time Brazil will get a "lucky" call from the ref.

3Sixty

For big calls like those goal awarding penalties and goal line calls they could really use replay. Looks to me like the ref just got fooled, not making a phantom call.

Do people blame more the refs for not seeing through the flops or the floppers for fooling them in the first place?

It's down to interpretation though. There was contact and a tug. Replay wouldn't make a difference.

Clegg

Don't think the result reflects the performance if both sides. Croatia can feel very aggrieved at having lost 3-1 to a functional at best Brazil. Performance of the ref must be questioned. Brazil will need to improve an awful lot if they want to win the WC.

It's so obvious that they lack class in midfield. Gustavo and Paulinho are grafters but they lack the technique and guile to unlock defences and dictate games. Their defence is a bit of a disaster too. They're a counter attacking side and that's fine. But I think they'll be caught out by teams who have a quality midfield and quality forwards. Modric and Rakitic easily outplayed the Brazilian midfield and they created good chances. Croatia lacked quality up front though.

[Fugo]

While the penalty call was atrocious, Brazil overall deserved the 3 points, but the performance was not that hot... they seemed too stiff and tense, and the defense was erratic at best. They need to step up their game in the coming days.

Meteorain

Ref had no clue what he doing. Croatia got a bad deal.

Oscar was fantastic though, really great plays from him all game.

Highlight of the game for me was watching that small shed Olic performing 101 skill moves. Brilliant.

LuuKyK

Despite some really bad calls by the ref (mainly the penalty) it was a very entertaining start, both for the WC and for GAF. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom