• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 FIFA World Cup |OT| Spa1n v The Netherland5

Status
Not open for further replies.

inky

The ref helped Brazil, but that keeper was a disgrace. 2 times he didn't take a step to the side to actually block the shot, which both times was done from far, far away.

I'm sorry, but 2 goals are on him. Plus Croatia didn't do enough to deserve a win either.

Oscar MOTM for sure.

FootballFan

It's down to interpretation though. There was contact and a tug. Replay wouldn't make a difference.

Exactly.

People still argue about calls from years ago. Someone probably thinks that it was a penalty(wasn't imo) so who knows, even with replays may still have been called.

Baleoce

Penalty Decision (BRA 1 - 1 CRO)
http://a.pomf.se/vtxegm.webm

Neymar, 71' (BRA 2 - 1 CRO)
http://a.pomf.se/wbojpz.webm

Oscar, 90 (+1) (BRA 3 - 1 CRO)
http://a.pomf.se/pdstkp.webm

ig5XpYvjy8fmE.gif

Well that's karma for Croatia cheating against Italy in 2002. Hope this bullshit ends here though. Would flooding FIFA with tweets help somehow? Guess not? lol

KingKong

Seems like a textbook penalty to me. Defender prevented him from getting to the ball, doesnt really matter if the fall was exaggerated

Probity

I think the game may have been better with Mandzukic in the lineup. He is a great finisher, and with all those crosses and chances that Croatia had, he definitely would have made a difference.

Then again, the ref would have disallowed everything anyways. This was the worst refereeing I've seen in a while. That penalty was garbage, that disallowed goal was 50/50, not to mention all the diving and fouls. Croatia weren't even all that aggressive, yet Brazil had about a billion free kicks. Disgusting.

I don't get the hate on Olic and the love for Rakitic here. I thought Rakitic was pretty quiet, not a lot of good passing and nothing memorable. Oliç was crazy on the wing the entire game, he deserves a lot of credit I think. Unfair calls all over the place though. He was like the second best player after Modric.

Oh well, if Brazil keep up like this, I will be completely fine. Deutschland über alles.

Certinty

Usually only watch the huge World Cup matches but decided to give this a shot, after seeing such shit tonight from the referee I regret it.

danwarb

Croatia deserved at least a point from that. A couple of huge mistakes (and a few little ones) from the ref pegged them back.

If that was a penalty, there should have been about 20 more penalties in that game.

The Cowboy

So anyone make any dosh?, i just withdrew £60 in winnings (total bet amount was £7) on this match and am very pleased indeed - 1st bet in 4 years.

Buburibon

Well I hope you brazilians enjoy this moment. Spain and Netherlands are on a whole different tier than Croatia

I am supporter of the Netherlands myself, but everyone knows Brazil is dangerous and quite capable of rising to whatever the challenge may be. So, when it comes to Netherlands or Spain versus Brazil in the second round, all bets are certainly off.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
If Modric keeps that level of play and mandjukic delivers at least Croatia will get to the final 16
But still
INJUSTICA

Mobius 1

While the referee calls are questionable, the performance of the team itself will improve now that the pressure of the debut at home is over.

norinrad

Nasri is disruptive and should probably retire from International football because he will never play for France again as long as the current coach is in charge. I hope the coach stays just so Nasri can f**k off

danwarb

I am supporter of the Netherlands myself, but everyone knows Brazil is dangerous and quite capable of rising to whatever the challenge may be. So, when it comes to Netherlands or Spain versus Brazil in the second round, all bets are certainly off.

They didn't look great today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom