• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 FIFA World Cup |OT| Spa1n v The Netherland5

Status
Not open for further replies.

survivor

Banned
should have been Oscar. But is there a reason people are at an uproar over Neymar being named MotM? does the MotM win a prize or something?

I don't think so, probably just a way for advertisers to show off more since this one is apparently presented by Budweiser

AlexBasch

Oh gosh, Mexico's downfall will be hilarious to watch.

That said, Kovac has to sit Pletikosa ASAP, it's not Oscar's or Neymar's problem for attempting those shots, but he was incredibly slow at them.

Mandzukic was clearly missed here, too.

cripterion

its pretty funny that Croatia's only goal was from a Brazilian player.. they never had a chance in hell of winning.

What? Brazil got lucky. Lucky they had the ref making those calls and Neymar and Croatia unlucky to be playing the home team and have such a crappy goalkeeper.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
The ref should have gone to:

Specsavers_logo-1-.png

Baleoce

I'll probably upload the WebM highlights after the match rather than during it (thank you based shadowplay). That way I can save my bandwidth during the match, as 0.3 UP isn't much to work with xD

Peru

What? Brazil got lucky. Lucky they had the ref making those calls and Neymar and Croatia unlucky to be playing the home team and have such a crappy goalkeeper.

Lucky? In select situations yes, but look at the facts: Possession, shots, shots on goals - Brazil is way ahead.

I thought that was a pen in this situation. The Croatians were fouling all game (21-5) and the ref had enough. Not smart to try and pull down an attacking player with their back to a goal in a 1 on 1. Had Croatia not conceded as many free kicks then I don't think it would have been a penalty.

Ding-Ding

Ref had a bloody awful game. Croatia, though pretty weak up front, deserved a draw.

Difficult to tell how Brazil will do from here on in. Maybe it was nerves but really far from convinced

Sykra

I thought that was a pen in this situation. The Croatians were fouling all game (21-5) and the ref had enough. Not smart to try and pull down an attacking player with their back to a goal in a 1 on 1. Had Croatia not conceded as many free kicks then I don't think it would have been a penalty.

21 fouls in a game is nothing.

smurfx

get some go again
i was hoping croatia lost because if they won then the next games would have had insanely shitty calls in favor of brazil. mexico might be able to at least get a tie off of brazil if they are playing this bad.

More like Lul hyperbole
They had a former FIFA referee in the german television and he said "That's no penalty" even without the slo-mo-cam, come on dude.

And other bad decisions.

First half goes to Brazil, second to Croatia, overall, expected a bit more from the game, looking forward to the next matches.

Good title Wes. The NBA has gotten a lot of flack lately for being a flopping league with poor reffing, but its good to see the problem is still leagues worse in FIFA

LNBL

Call me crazy, but now I'm not having doom images in my head in case The Netherlands faces Brazil in the next round. Bring it.

Carlius

Banned
Brazil has to win. They can not lose or draw in this one. There is too much at stake for the country. All hell would have broken loose.

this. people seem to underestimate what could happen if brazil loses and doesnt win the world cup. as i said before, tthe repercussions of this are on part with argentinas 1978 dictotorship world cup

That's not how penalties work...

Yellow cards, small fouls in the center of the pitch maybe, but no referee gives a penalty due to accumulation - it was just a very poor decision.

GBG

Banned
Thought the game was of pretty poor quality throughout. The ref was horribly biased, the penalty decision was unbelievable (football is fast turning into a non contact sport by the looks of it) and the Croatian goal should have stood. I think neymar should have been off after that elbow too, he had his eyes on the player till the last second.

What we have learned from it though is that Brazil are distinctly average and have no chance of being world champs unless they step their game up a few levels. Or bribe a few more refs.

woodland

So can anyone give me a recap on the bullshit calls? I was at work and could read a bit but mostly heard about the foul on the goal and still don't have a clear view of it. Any videos of them out yet?

Had a bet on Croatia ;|

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
What a bummer that it get's dark so early in Brazil this time of the year.
Games during daylight are always one of the higlights of a World Cup or Euro for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom