• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Feb |OT| Stern retires after failed attempt to bring pro basketball to NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
The Mavs traded Nash away and it took them years to luck into a championship squad, only to have Cuban broke it up right away.

I doubt Durant would have the same patience.
I think Durant is liking not being ignored by his PG this year

The Mavs traded Nash away and it took them years to luck into a championship squad, only to have Cuban broke it up right away.

I doubt Durant would have the same patience.

You don't need some super PG to win a championship. I'd trade WB if it got me a good big and a good wing player.

No way the Thunder trade YNB. In the playoffs when the entire defense locks up on KD, you really want to depend on the likes of reggie jackson,jeremy lamb,sefalosha and ibaka to show up and make plays? fucking lol

I'm sure KD looks at Bron's years in Cleveland and says to himself "I want that"

SoulPlaya

more money than God
He just beat KD and Tim Duncan for rings. And beat a league MVP in the conference finals.

Um, are you talking about D-Rose? The guy who hasn't played in two seasons now, and was injured in the first game of the previous playoffs? The guy whose career has now been riddled with injuries? The same injuries that I JUST SAID have limited LeBron's competition? Huh? Is that what you're saying?

And did you really bring up old ass Tim Duncan? Seriously?

And yes, KD is competition. I don't deny that, but that's mainly one guy, and it doesn't compare the insane competition MJ had. Just to reiterate, this isn't LeBron's fault, but it's the truth.

linsivvi

And if ynb injures hin self again?

For the right big id ship him.

For a star big, yes, but what was suggested was a combination of role players. That shit won't work in the West. KD would have to stay healthy and play heavy minutes every season just to get a top seed.

No way the Thunder trade YNB. In the playoffs when the entire defense locks up on KD, you really want to depend on the likes of reggie jackson,jeremy lamb,sefalosha and ibaka to show up and make plays? fucking lol

I'm sure KD looks at Bron's years in Cleveland and says to himself "I want that"

yea, it's not like okc doesn't have serviceable wing players already. they don't really need an inside post presence.

even though perkins is a worthless slug, their starting 5 is very good. ibaka protects the rim well enough and gets easy shots since defenses collapse so hard on durant. sefolosha is a solid perimeter defender and shoots well from outside. why would you trade westbrook when he causes so many problems for opposing defenses that are already stretched thin guarding the best offensive player in the game?

besides, maybe we'll see a different russ in the playoffs this year. maybe.

Greg Monroe and Jennings

It would be a fun trade all around

Would it work?

meh. Jennings is cut from the same cloth as WB but he just sucks. I guess Monroe and Ibaka would work.

yea, it's not like okc doesn't have serviceable wing players already. they don't really need an inside post presence.

even though perkins is a worthless slug, their starting 5 is very good. ibaka protects the rim well enough and gets easy shots since defenses collapse so hard on durant. sefolosha is a solid perimeter defender and shoots well from outside. why would you trade westbrook when he causes so many problems for opposing defenses that are already stretched thin guarding the best offensive player in the game?

besides, maybe we'll see a different russ in the playoffs this year. maybe.

Thabo doesn't shoot well from any where and he sucks. Dude can't even dribble without out looking at the ball.

meh. Jennings is cut from the same cloth as WB but he just sucks. I guess Monroe and Ibaka would work.

Thabo doesn't shoot well from any where and he sucks. Dude can't even dribble without out looking at the ball.

I thought he was pretty good at hitting open corner 3s? a career 35% 3 point shooter isn't great, but he's not bad. obviously he's not a playmaker, but he'll hit open shots often enough to be worth having out on the floor is my point.

giri

Greg Monroe and Jennings

It would be a fun trade all around

Would it work?

Dunno about Jenning. But Monroe is interesting.

He'd be paired next to Ibaka, who would cover his lack of athleticism defensively. But i dunno, i was higher on Monroe last year. I'm now starting to wonder if he's much more than elton brand.

He could be a great fit, or a terrible fit.

I've essentially given up on jennings.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

He'd be paired next to Ibaka, who would cover his lack of athleticism defensively. But i dunno, i was higher on Monroe last year. I'm now starting to wonder if he's much more than elton brand.

With the development of Drummond he hasn't been used very well in Det so far...

High post offense with him and KD could be like the old Kings O with Webber and Peja

ik8b675GXS3bk.gif

lol wtf

his numbers look only above average at PF but advanced stats show him as a 57% TS when he plays C even this year

he's definitely all-star potential as a C in this league

Forever

Banned
Looking at the rebounding and shooting percentages I have no idea how we're only down 8. Sorcery.

Our rookie, who has played 8 minutes, accounts for a full third of all our rebounds thus far.

DY_nasty

Looking at the rebounding and shooting percentages I have no idea how we're only down 8. Sorcery.

Our rookie, who has played 8 minutes, accounts for a full third of all our rebounds thus far.
Nets can't rebound for shit. They've been bad all year.

DY_nasty

I can't remember, did you show up yesterday?
I'm sorry that I'm in a fucking desert and I did a pointless convoy behind a mountain and lost service.

Also, if you weren't busy being a disgruntled Knicks fan all year you would've noticed that your team has been one of the worst on the boards this season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom