• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA Finals |OT| the deli is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Millsap a lot. Similar game to Love's, but a bit stronger physically. Then there's Aldridge that they could make an offer to. If any big is deserving of the max this summer, it's him. Imagine a guy like that on LeBron's team...holy shit.
Hey, you leave Aldridge alone. He'll be a Spur and learn from Duncan and be the next in line to a great history of bigs.

zychi

Banned
Anyone got a link to the Dwade interviewing Lebron post game on espn?

I reallllly hope Wade comes to Chicago, but I doubt he leaves Mia

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Probably just exhausted on the defensive end. They go from playing 30 games a year to 82, from playing against boys to playing against men.
With Rubio injured most of the season, the Wolves had like zero other guys who give a single fuck on defense on the court. On top of that, Flip has always had teams with bad team defense, and Wiggins is 19 and was on the top scoring wing threat on basically every team they faced. He did alright all things considered.

He's not even dribbling the ball up court off of defensive rebounds, lol. He's like "where's Lebron? Here bud!" ... it's like he's so scared to make a mistake. And then he takes a horrible shot or misses a defensive assignment, lol. He's trying so hard to not make stupid mistakes, you can see the effort.

JR is at his best when he is unconscious on the court. He was going to do decent numbers last night but he went for stretches without taking some shots. I love Delly but his offense is unproven and it scares the shit out of me. Beggars can't be choosers and I'll take any player as a third option with this limited roster.

in Offseason news, Jahlil Okafor worked out for the Lakers (following D'Angelo Russell and Emmanuel Mudiay). No real feedback yet on if any of them blew away the Lakers brass enough to cause any changes to most people's draft board's, though according to Chad Ford based on what he's hearing from multiple execs Russell has overtaken Okafor as the #2 prospect.

http://www.nba.com/lakers/150609_okaforworkout
Is it just me or is there a weird hitch at the top of Okafor's shot?

Apparently, Jahlil Okafor was amazing in the private workouts for the Lakers.

http://m.tmz.com/#Article/2015/06/10/jahlil-okafor

"Just off what we saw out of today’s workouts, Jahlil has the potential to not just be one of the best big men in the league but one of the best to put on a Lakers jersey."
In fact ... we're told that the team is so enamored with Okafor that they plan to have reps spend the entire day with him ... culminating with a wine and dine sesh at a fancy L.A. restaurant later tonight.

Edit: Can't believe 76ers gonna get Russell. Damn it.

If Kerr changes his strategy and starts bringing doubles on LeBron, JR will have an opportunity to Swish.

I think Kerr needs to do so and roll the dice. See if these other CLE scrublets can beat his Warriors. Letting LBJ single-handedly (well, along with TT) control the tempo of the entire game isn't giving GS an opportunity to play their game at all and as a result, they've trailed about 75% of the time in these games...and in the case of last night, they never lead for a single second.

4 fast-break points in that last game. FOUR. Probably not many more than that in the other 2 games either. That's LBJ forcing half court play and TT preventing their opportunity to get out and transition (they need 3 people on the glass to try to out-rebound him). Force him to pass the ball instead of letting him pound the rock for 19 seconds.

That's exactly the situation Lebron wants to be in though, he excels in finding the open man whenever he's double teamed, and his team is full of 3 point shooters. I understand that Kerr has to change something but I don't think double teaming Bron is going to solve anything. Even though I want the Cavs to win, I think Dubs will be fine if that offense gets going, it's just really poor.

effzee

Random thoughts:

Warriors have to shake things up. If that means playing Lee and sacrificing something on D you have to do it. Without him they have had zero post presence on offense. He was an immediate spark for the offense. If Cavs continue to double Curry and dare the Warriors to beat them with other guys they have to play Lee more.

This is bad for the Cavs overall. While the Warriors are deep and have room to make adjustments to their offense and lineups, Cavs have no other options or plans. So you know exactly what you are going to get from them on offense and defense. Its not up to Kerr and the players to exploit it.

I think they do. Curry seemed to find some confidence at the end even though he had terrible turnovers. Lee showed what he can do. And the Cavs seem to play 2.50-3 great quarters and then either get too comfortable or run completely out of gas.

Just like the whole basketball world called the series over after game + Irving injury, I think all the hype is for the Cavs now and its going to affect them. No matter how much they claim they will block it out, they are feeling themselves right about now and will naturally let down.

I predict Warriors finally start off shooting well and win game 4 to tie 2-2.

Off topic I am a little perplexed why people keep saying the Cavs are better without Love and Irving. They are obviously not. If they were what they are doing right now wouldn't be considered impressive. Yes Love is a liability on D, but he is a great rebounder, spaces the floor, and could actually help Lebron rest by having the offense run through him. Same with Irving.

Besides its not like if you play Love and Irving, it somehow eliminates all the minutes for Delly or Thompson. That's the whole point of depth. You can play Delly and Irving together. You can play Love with Mosgov/Thompson and still be able to use all efficiently on both sides of the court.

Goes back to the Lee point- yeah he might give up points on the D but he also provides a much needed punch on offense which the Cavs might not have an answer for.

BTW who else thinks guys like Irving who are constantly hurt need to hit the weight room and work on their bodies/conditioning? While Lebron is a freak, there is something to taking care of your body. Kyrie looks like a dude who is just naturally talented and hasn't really worked on maintaining his body.

Jarate

Banned
I also hope the Lakers take Okafor so they can have the worst defensive team to ever exist.

Okafor scares the shit out of me. Don't trust Duke players in the draft

At the end of the day I honestly think that LeBron only went to Cleveland contingent on them trading Wiggins for a vet star, someone like Love. They really traded Wiggins for Love and the right to sign LeBron, which is a pretty good deal. Consider it a stupid tax for how badly that organization was run in the years after Bron left the first time around.

Not really, Lebron was there before Love was even brought into the equation for Wiggins. There's no guarantee if Lebron signs to the Cavs that the wolves will trade Love for Wiggins and Bennet. Love could have been traded elsewhere.

I said before that it would be wiser to keep Wiggins instead of trading for Love. Everyone and their mom was like "No thats stupid blah blah blah"

well, look at you now

Wiggins for Love was absolutely the right move at the time and it still is even now. You don't pair 30-year old Lebron and Kyrie together only to rely on a rookie who MAY become a superstar 3-4 seasons from now as your third option.

it might have been the "right move" then, but it isn't the right move now. that's just a fact. Love is not contributing at all due to injury. Wiggins would be a huge help in the rest/defense department for the rest of the team. To say it's the right move now is acting like Love being on the bench is helping the Cavs win the these games in the Finals. It's not, at all. thus it isn't the right move now. Especially being that it's actaully questionable that Love stays with Cavs or the Cavs decide to keep Love next year. Like it's not something that is set in stone like it was initially.

Not really, Lebron was there before Love was even brought into the equation for Wiggins. There's no guarantee if Lebron signs to the Cavs that the wolves will trade Love for Wiggins and Bennet. Love could have been traded elsewhere.

I said before that it would be wiser to keep Wiggins instead of trading for Love. Everyone and their mom was like "No thats stupid blah blah blah"

well, look at you now

look at them now? they're up 2-1, breh.

look at them now? they're up 2-1, breh.

WITHOUT LOVE.

wiggins sure could help with their depth right now. the fact that you fail to see that is sad

if they didn't trade Wiggins they probably wouldn't have LeBron.

this is so inaccurate. Cavs already had Lebron. If the Wolves decided to not trade Love to the Cavs, It's not like Lebron would have been like "ZIKE!!!, im outta here"

And if Wiggins got hurt it would be the same thing - what exactly is your point?

We can play the IF game all day. If the Cavs plane blew up there would be no finals.

Point is, we can't play the If game...we can only play the What happened game. and what happened was Love got hurt and has not contributed at all for this Finals series. and now there is doubt Love will still be with the team next year. Period.

this is so inaccurate. Cavs already had Lebron. If the Wolves decided to not trade Love to the Cavs, It's not like Lebron would have been like "ZIKE!!!, im outta here"

LeBron had them over a barrel. If you don't think under-the-table agreements like this don't happen, you are sorely mistaken. You honestly think it's a coincidence that Wiggins and Bennet weren't mentioned in LeBron's coming home letter? And keep in mind LeBron made it a point to sign a one year opt out deal for a reason. LeBron and his agent/management also yield a lot of power around the league.

Yea, because, The Timberwolves organization bends to the will of Lebron and the Cavs.

makes sense. smh

Nothing about the scenario requires the Timberwolves to bend to anyone's will. They were going to trade Love regardless. They had a couple of poo poo platters from Boston or LA. GState had pulled Klay off the table. Getting Wiggins at that point was a steal for them.

Jarate

Banned
And let's be real here, we all know Lebron is basically the GM of that team

How do you explain actually willingly allowing JR Smith to be on a basketball team

LeBron had them over a barrel. If you don't think under-the-table agreements like this don't happen, you are sorely mistaken. And keep in mind LeBron made it a point to sign a one year opt out deal for a reason. LeBron and his agent/management also yield a lot of power around the league.

Lebron had the timberwolves over the barrel? How? NO matter what the Cavs thew at the Timberwolves, they can't guarantee that the Wolves trade Love to them. And Lebron Can't dictate what the Timberwolves decide to do. how do you not understand this?

That Year opt out deal isn't because of that, It's because of the TV deal coming. This is a known fact.

Lebron and his agent/management yield power over Lebron and whatever players their agent is doing contracts for (like Tristan Thompson). But they don't have Power over the Timberwolves organization, just like they didn't have power in the Heat organization (part of why Lebron left the Heat)

Lebron had the timberwolves over the barrel? How? NO matter what the Cavs thew at the Timberwolves, they can't guarantee that the Wolves trade Love to them. And Lebron Can't dictate what the Timberwolves decide to do. how do you not understand this?

That Year opt out deal isn't because of that, It's because of the TV deal coming. This is a known fact.

He had the Cavs over a table. Getting Wiggins for Love (who is gone anyway and not a part of their long term plans, and every body knew it) is something the Wolves were salivating after. They were just waiting for Cleve to pull the trigger. Look around at previous trades where superstars were dealt. Guys like Melo or Dwight. Teams normally get 40 cents on the dollar. Getting Wiggins was a coup for them.

Jarate

Banned
wFQmdfv.gif

This is when Lebron realized what he had to do as GM

Nothing about the scenario requires the Timberwolves to bend to anyone's will. They were going to trade Love regardless. They had a couple of poo poo platters from Boston or LA. GState had pulled Klay off the table. Getting Wiggins at that point was a steal for them.

No, Getting Klay Thompson would have been a steal and the better deal at the time. Again, there is no guarantee they got or wanted Wiggins more than other options on the table.

He had the Cavs over a table. Getting Wiggins for Love (who is gone anyway and not a part of their long term plans, and every body knew it) is something the Wolves were salivating after. They were just waiting for Cleve to pull the trigger. Look around at previous trades where superstars were dealt. Guys like Melo or Dwight. Teams normally get 40 cents on the dollar. Getting Wiggins was a coup for them.

When I say there was no guarantee the Wolves were going to trade Love to the Cavs, It means to the Cavs, not "AT ALL."

of course they wanted to trade Love, But They had other options on the table, and It wasn't dictated by Lebron signing to Cleveland and Cleveland ensuring "yea the wolves will give us Love, if they don't you won't sign with us" theory which just doesn't have alot of proof behind it except speculation.

jman2050

it might have been the "right move" then, but it isn't the right move now. that's just a fact. Love is not contributing at all due to injury. Wiggins would be a huge help in the rest/defense department for the rest of the team. To say it's the right move now is acting like Love being on the bench is helping the Cavs win the these games in the Finals. It's not, at all. thus it isn't the right move now. Especially being that it's actaully questionable that Love stays with Cavs or the Cavs decide to keep Love next year. Like it's not something that is set in stone like it was initially.

What the hell are you talking about? What does Love's injury have to do with any of this? You can't use freak injuries to evaluate trades after the fact, that's stupid.

No, Getting Klay Thompson would have been a steal and the better deal at the time. Again, there is no guarantee they got or wanted Wiggins more than other options on the table.

And Klay was off the table. Golden St. made that clear. This idea that the Wolves would have been hesitant to trade Love for the number 1 pick in a draft that included 2 of the more highly touted prospects in recent memory is fucking silly. The snag in this whole ordeal wasn't Minny. LeBron and his agent didn't need any sway over Minny. Minny was just waiting for everything to go down so they could get their hands on Wiggins. What else are they going to do? Let Love walk? Trade him a platter of non-noteworthy picks and players from Boston? You are looking at this from the completely wrong angle. You are honestly nuts if you think Flip and co. were sitting there stressing about whether or not they should trade a guy who was going to walk away as a free agent for the number 1 pick in what was largely regarded as a very good (top heavy) draft.

And Klay was off the table. Golden St. made that clear. This idea that the Wolves would have been hesitant to trade Love for the number 1 pick in a draft that included 2 of the more highly touted prospects in recent memory is fucking silly. The snag in this whole ordeal wasn't Minny. LeBron and his agent didn't need any sway over Minny. Minny was just waiting for everything to go down so they could get their hands on Wiggins. What else are they going to do? Let Love walk? Trade him a platter of non-noteworthy picks and players from Boston? You are looking at this from the completely wrong angle.

again, it's all speculation, but Lebron was already with the Cavs and there was no Guarantee that Love was coming to Cleveland.

You can speculate about it all you want, But Cleveland Can't promise that the wolves give them Love, they can promise they can try, but it can't be a promise of actually getting him. Lebron was coming home regardless of Love.

Hindsight is 20/20. I said before the trade, Wiggins should stay, people said nope. Love aint contributing now. and they need other bodies bad. I'll be glad to revisit this next season if Love is or isn't with the Cavs, and in the next 3-4 years when Wiggins is a star.

again, it's all speculation, but Lebron was already with the Cavs and there was no Guarantee that Love was coming to Cleveland.

You can speculate about it all you want, But Cleveland Can't promise that the wolves give them Love, they can promise they can try, but it can't be a promise of actually getting him. Lebron was coming home regardless of Love.

Hindsight is 20/20. I said before the trade Wiggins should stay, people said nope. Love aint contributing now. and they need other bodies bad. I'll be glad to revisit this next year if Love is or isn't with the Cavs, and in the next 3-4 years when Wiggins is a star.

Of course it's all speculation, but what I'm saying is I think part of LeBron's agreement to sign with the Cavs was to deal that number 1 pick for a veteran. I don't think Love wanted to play with Bennet and another rookie. Wiggins was highly regarded and carried a lot of value around the league. It just so happens that the all star/ veteran that was available was Love. I'm not saying there were any interactions between Bron and the Wolves. The Timberwolves were just the lucky team sitting there with an available all-star to trade.

Again with the Love trade. You can't undo that in a vacuum, that one move changes the course of history. Do they make other trades in the offseason, who do they sign, does Varejao even go down, what happens with Waiters, etc. The Knicks might still be the Knicks, and Mozgov might still be in Denver's witness protection program.

Of course it's all speculation, but what I'm saying is I think part of LeBron's agreement to sign with the Cavs was to deal that number 1 pick for a veteran. I don't think Love wanted to play with Bennet and another rookie. Wiggins was highly regarded and carried a lot of value around the league. It just so happens that the all star/ veteran that was available was Love. I'm not saying there were any interactions between Bron and the Wolves. The Timberwolves were just the lucky team sitting there with an available all-star to trade.

and what I'm saying is think you're wrong. I think he did sign with the Cavs agreeing to work with him in trying to get him the best team possible, but not with just Kevin Love for Wiggins trade.

which was your initial comment

Again with the Love trade. You can't undo that in a vacuum, that one move changes the course of history. Do they make other trades in the offseason, who do they sign, does Varejao even go down, what happens with Waiters, etc. The Knicks might still be the Knicks, and Mozgov might still be in Denver's witness protection program.

eh, all those other things could have gone down with No Love and Wiggins trade. Don't see why not.

at the end of the day tho, point is, if Love isn't with the Cavs next season....the trade was dumb/worthless. Point blank.

And they Can't pay Tristan, Mozgov, AND Love

and what I'm saying is think you're wrong. I think he did sign with the Cavs agreeing to work with him in trying to get him the best team possible, but not with just Kevin Love for Wiggins trade.

which was your initial comment

eh, all those other things could have gone down with No Love and Wiggins trade. Don't see why not.

Not necessarily saying that LeBron specifically wanted Love, just that he wanted veteran help. I think he and the Cavs planned to trade Wiggins from jump to accomplish this, as he was their biggest trade chip. It might seem trivial, but the fact that the number 1 pick, and guy with a ton of hype and promise and people have been anticipating entering the league since he was 16 years old, was not mentioned in his "I'm coming home" letter speaks volumes to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom