• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA Finals |OT| the deli is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pimpwerx

LeBatard had a great stat today. GSW was contested on 52% of their shots this playoffs. This Finals it has been 53%. The defensive pressure is the same. They, like every other Cleveland opponent this postseason, simply forgot how to shoot. This is simple regression to the mean. Well, progression in this case. PEACE.

jmizzal

Lol guy on ESPN getting mad at Steven A Smith for calling out Delly, he's right if you gonna praise the guy when he plays good then you can bash him when he stinks it up

Oh and that ESPN stat

2 LeBron James teams up there for worst home lost in the finals, yikes

idk

Chick said that and then his cock gets exposed to the world, he gets his head cut open, then took an L

Sounds like some serious ass black magic

Wait what at the first one

And yeah, that cut was bad. He was milking it, but he didn't even come out of the damn game. If I got cut like that, I'm not doing shit for the rest of the night

Tom Penny

GSW lost 2 very close games. A few shots here n there in OT/4th and they would be champs now.

Also Mozgov needs to get paid. He has been the only player on cavs outside Lebron who has had a real impact on this series.

Going forward the only way Cavs have a chance is if Lebron puts up 40+ points and at least 10+ assists. I will stick with GSW in 6 but I wouldn't be surprised if this goes 7 now.

I'm confident in saying if Tristan Thompson didn't play the series would already be over. He's given them like 20+ extra shots that they need shooting their terrible percentages.

DopeToast

Banned
I don't think it's probable, but still possible, that the Cavs can snag one of the next two games, more likely the one at home. Then we have a game 7 where anything can happen, although that would also be on the road and not in Cleveland's favor.

Lebron has to shoot better. Delly did his part to hustle and hit a couple shots, Gozmov played exceptional, Tristan Thompson snagged some boards. Shumpert and JR have been such a letdown this finals. No offensive production whatsoever.

All props to the Warriors. They shut us down tonight. I'd love a seven game series with both teams fully healthy. I'd think we'd have a better shot, and it would be more entertaining offensively. But oh well. At this point I'm sort of already looking to next season, as sad as that is. We're just too beat up to compete with this Warriors offense.

I have no horse in this race.

Go read about Tim Donaghey, the way you post, you're clearly too young or havent been watching basketball very long.

I've been watching since 91'.

I'm fully versed in Tim Donaghy.

Just was expressing a hope that it's incompetence only.
Do I really believe that?
No, like I said, I do think the team down in a series tends to get a few more 50/50 calls, cause 7 games = more money.

I just wish we had robot refs at this point (sans manipulation).

Lol guy on ESPN getting mad at Steven A Smith for calling out Delly, he's right if you gonna praise the guy when he plays good then you can bash him when he stinks it up

Oh and that ESPN stat

Wait did Stephen say anything about the Ex Knick players. Disgraceful

LeBatard had a great stat today. GSW was contested on 52% of their shots this playoffs. This Finals it has been 53%. The defensive pressure is the same. They, like every other Cleveland opponent this postseason, simply forgot how to shoot. This is simple regression to the mean. Well, progression in this case. PEACE.
The stat doesn't say who is getting uncontested shots and from where on the floor. It also ignores pace and game plan. Kerr definitely won the coaching battle tonight, though. And Iggy looked fantastic.

Jonm1010

Banned

Oh and that ESPN stat

I'll say this in defense of Lebron, Lebron is literally so good that he has taken two Cleveland teams to the finals that few other players in the history of the league would be capable of taking to the finals. So I have a hard time holding those series where the odds are so stacked against him when determining his legacy. Frankly I think it sort of speaks positively of it more then negatively.

i doubt the consensus of history will see it that way but it should IMO.

Those contested shot stats hardly tell the whole story. I'd like to see the breakdown of which players are getting the open shots, since the Cavs are okay with anyone but Curry and Thompson getting open looks. Prior to this game, the Warriors were getting hardly any baskets in transition, where they thrived all year. Cavs have been playing them very physically, and running them off the spots where they're most comfortable shooting from. And just from the eye test you can tell that the Cavs, this game not included, have been playing great D. Not crediting the Cavs at all is wrong.

*Damnit Cubicle

Tom Penny

I wouldn't count on Iggy doing that again. He's not a good outside shooter and they leave him open for a reason. He just happen to hit tonight.

Pimpwerx

The stat doesn't say who is getting uncontested shots and from where on the floor. It also ignores pace and game plan. Kerr definitely won the coaching battle tonight, though. And Iggy looked fantastic.

Those contested shot stats hardly tell the whole story. I'd like to see the breakdown of which players are getting the open shots, since the Cavs are okay with anyone but Curry and Thompson getting open looks. Prior to this game, the Warriors were getting hardly any baskets in transition, where they thrived all year. Cavs have been playing them very physically, and running them off the spots where they're most comfortable shooting from. And just from the eye test you can tell that the Cavs, this game not included, have been playing great D. Not crediting the Cavs at all is wrong.
Excellent points, guys. I hadn't considered that. That stat is inconclusive. PEACE.

First off, it's not rigged.

I can give you 100s of millions of reasons why.

Right so you see it here but not in other places? Got it.

By Game 7, it no longer matters. The deal is done. Advertising is sold.

I don't want to believe that people do terrible things to other people yet, they do.

Look, I agree with you.
I was just expressing some wish fulfillment, that's all.
Was hoping this stuff would go away with Silver in charge.
Does seem like home court advantage disappeared in most reg season games, which gives me a little hope that refereeing is getting better.
But I'm with you.

Redd

I don't think it's probable, but still possible, that the Cavs can snag one of the next two games, more likely the one at home. Then we have a game 7 where anything can happen, although that would also be on the road and not in Cleveland's favor.

Lebron has to shoot better. Delly did his part to hustle and hit a couple shots, Gozmov played exceptional, Tristan Thompson snagged some boards. Shumpert and JR have been such a letdown this finals. No offensive production whatsoever.

All props to the Warriors. They shut us down tonight. I'd love a seven game series with both teams fully healthy. I'd think we'd have a better shot, and it would be more entertaining offensively. But oh well. At this point I'm sort of already looking to next season, as sad as that is. We're just too beat up to compete with this Warriors offense.

It's not over yet. Series is tied 2-2 bud. Cavs need one on the road so don't give up hope.

Excellent points, guys. I hadn't considered that. That stat is inconclusive. PEACE.

You know what is conclusive?

Dan's hatred of that co-worker of his who has abs, despite stuffing sweet potato fries in his mouth every damn day :p

I've never laughed harder at Dan's antics. Just curious about how a garbanzo bean is legit dessert to him

DopeToast

Banned
It's not over yet. Series is tied 2-2 bud. Cavs need one on the road so don't give up hope.

I'm definitely hoping! I'm just naturally pessimistic when it comes to my teams as a defense mechanism. I hate being let down. And yes, if we can win one out of the next two then anything can happen game 7.

jmizzal

I'll say this in defense of Lebron, Lebron is literally so good that he has taken two Cleveland teams to the finals that few other players in the history of the league would be capable of taking to the finals. So I have a hard time holding those series where the odds are so stacked against him when determining his legacy. Frankly I think it sort of speaks positively of it more then negatively.

i doubt the consensus of history will see it that way but it should IMO.

one of those was 2014 with the Heat tho lol

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/609216046751457280

Jonm1010

Banned
Look, I agree with you.
I was just expressing some wish fulfillment, that's all.
Was hoping this stuff would go away with Silver in charge.
Does seem like home court advantage disappeared in most reg season games, which gives me a little hope that refereeing is getting better.
But I'm with you.

I think silver has stated he is pretty interested in improving the refereeing of the sport.

He talked about some concrete ideas earlier this year.

Silver is pretty much a business guy though and so it is smart to look at his decisions from a business and revenue standpoint.

In doing so it makes a ton of sense why Silver is interested in getting refereeing right. For the same reason he won't shorten the season but may lengthen the time period the season is played. The legitimacy and quality of the sport to fans and the world is important in sustaining and growing the business. Blatant star treatment is great for those markets with stars but that sort of fuckery overall dilutes the legitimacy and quality of the sport. Same with injuries.....Heck same with the playoff format for that matter.

Oh, and Bogut is flat out playing Kendrick Perkins level of basketball. He has to be injured or something, even if he isn't if I was him I'd totally make up one injury to save my career. Kerr can't be comfortable putting him in, unless it's a 30 point lead and even then if the Cavs score 5 points straight I'd vanish him to the bench again.

Pimpwerx

You know what is conclusive?

Dan's hatred of that co-worker of his who has abs, despite stuffing sweet potato fries in his mouth every damn day :p

I've never laughed harder at Dan's antics. Just curious about how a garbanzo bean is legit dessert to him
I haven't listened to the full podcast, only caught bits during my commute. Was it Chris or Roy? I heard him poke fun at both, but didn't know why. PEACE.

Pimpwerx

I know, I was just using that as a springboard because if the Cavs lose I know the narrative will be a continuation of Lebron as a choker but I think people never keep in mind how much he has overachieved when it comes to the Cavs teams. As for Miami, well, there aren't any excuses coming from me there.
His bitch ass needed to try harder in 2011 and 2014.

What? I'm not the only one thinking this. PEACE.

His bitch ass needed to try harder in 2011 and 2014.

What? I'm not the only one thinking this. PEACE.
It's hard to blame him for 2014. The Spurs offense just destroyed the Heat. The passing wore them down and everyone in that line-up could shoot. He could have played harder in those games, but the Heat went down 20 before he gave up. 2011 was definitely on him. At least it forced him to develop a post game.

GG Golden State. I'd love to see Lebron move up the GOAT ranking and get a major upset, but it looks like the Warriors got real comfortable tonight. Plus, Cavs tried to run with them and got whooped.

Mxrz

The key to this game was Golden State finally playing with a lead. No frontrunning for LeBron.

Can agree with this, but for probably different reason. The lead with the slow offense was the closest thing he was getting to a rest. They cut to lead to 4? 3? or so at the end of the third. LeBron sits for three plays and its back to double digits.

The extra rest is going to help, but they really need Shump/JR to get some points. They aren't being defended particularly well outside, and both hesitate before driving in. Even with GS looking soft as hell.

Cavs are literally one decent scorer away. James Jones & Mike Miller's corpse aren't going to cut it.

zychi

Banned
I know, I was just using that as a springboard because if the Cavs lose I know the narrative will be a continuation of Lebron as a choker but I think people never keep in mind how much he has overachieved when it comes to the Cavs teams. As for Miami, well, there aren't any excuses coming from me there.

He's not overachieving? He basically created this team? He's GM 2.0?

Every team was SOL because of injuries this season. Gasol doesn't get hurt, Bulls beat Cavs, ditto for Wash and Atl.

Stop making excuses for Lebron. He's played out of his mind, but he initiated the Love for Wiggins deal, he initiated all the terrible trades to Cle last time he was there. This is his team, and they're not a bunch of "castoffs" like ESPN is making it sound. Irving played all year, Love played all year until the cheapshot by C's. Tristian Thompson is a #1 pick. JR Smith and Iman Shumpert are some of the best role players Bron has ever played with.

Stop having a pity party for LeDong

xDVsu2m.gif

Jonm1010

Banned
He's not overachieving? He basically created this team? He's GM 2.0?

Every team was SOL because of injuries this season. Gasol doesn't get hurt, Bulls beat Cavs, ditto for Wash and Atl.

Stop making excuses for Lebron. He's played out of his mind, but he initiated the Love for Wiggins deal, he initiated all the terrible trades to Cle last time he was there. This is his team, and they're not a bunch of "castoffs" like ESPN is making it sound. Irving played all year, Love played all year until the cheapshot by C's. Tristian Thompson is a #1 pick. JR Smith and Iman Shumpert are some of the best role players Bron has ever played with.

Stop having a pity party for LeDong

LOL. *shaking my head*

Regardless of whether he was responsible for those trades nothing I said was incorrect. There are very few players in history that could of taken this Cavs team or his previous one to the finals.

this is the sort of nonsense you get from Lebron haters though. Every discussion is through the prism of trying to shit on anything Lebron does, even if it is irrelevant. So I am not shocked to get at least one of these responses.

LOL. Some of these people *shaking my head*

Regardless of whether he was responsible for those trades nothing I said was incorrect. There are very few people that could of taken this Cavs team or his previous one to the finals.

this is the sort of nonsense you get from Lebron haters though. So I am not shocked to get at least one of these responses.

Jordan would beat the Warriors in 5 games with that team.

THRILLH0

Banned

But dat vise??

Seriously though that's a great stat. Bizarre that GS have fallen off so hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom