• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA Finals |OT| the deli is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fasho. I've been hatewatching all season. Though I pretty much avoided their games all year. I don't care what anyone says. I'm allowed at least one season of irrational hatred after the way he left. I'll get over it next year. PEACE.
I can't even call you out for this because this is literally what I was doing in 2011 lmao

negitoro7

Win or Lose, give the fucking Finals MVP to Lebron. How can anyone on GS win it with such balanced scoring? Cavs are missing TWO all-stars and after Lebron, their best options are Knicks rejects, undrafted role players and a mental midget in TT. For them to even have won 2 games is miraculous.

TTG

Fasho. I've been hatewatching all season. Though I pretty much avoided their games all year. I don't care what anyone says. I'm allowed at least one season of irrational hatred after the way he left. I'll get over it next year. PEACE.

This has been his best finals performance, by not an inconsequential margin either. Did you see that post game? Those Kidd/Barrea struggles, it's like they never existed.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
People do realize Mozgov would get shredded with a small lineup like that...

I mentioned this earlier. People clearly didn't watch what happened during game 4. They must have been focused on his offense, because his defense was mostly garbage.

If Billups and Kwahi can get finals MVP, Curry should get it too.

Kawai was the best player on the floor, but aside from that in both of those instances the winning team ran the losing team off the floor. These games have been hotly contested and the series will go 6 or 7 games. LeBron has been far and away the best player in this series and it's not even close.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
ESPN already going HARD on the he doesn't have enough help narrative. Where's the jeopardy pic again?

Do you think Lebron has help? Would love to know. How important is Curry to this Warrior's team? I can think of MANY players that could replace him and the Warriors would still win. Replace Lebron with anyone on this Cav's team, and they wouldn't do shit.

the fact that we have even have memes like this looks so shit against curry because it forces everyone to remember that for 2 games an australian d leaguer ate his lunch and made him look even worse than he has for most of this series

like we're all acting like he stole this dudes soul tonight and how this is some great accomplishment when nobody knew deli's name 2 months ago and steph is the league mvp

like really?

do people think?

You're looking at this from the wrong angle. Curry had one bad game and the media and some of the fans acted like it was Dellavedova doing. That he was a choker, overrated, whatever. Someone here posted that Curry was just a short guard with nice handles. Really, this was a thing last week, even if it was an off game by the MVP and some solid defense by Dellavedova.

What you're seeing now is a late response to that shit because, you know, Curry just dropped 37 points on only 23 shots in a game five in the NBA Finals. the rumor of his demise was greatly exaggerated.

TTG

Well to be frank there is actually no one playing post here.

Lebron James is the best post player in the NBA, by a wide margin. I'm rooting for GS and even I can see that much. Memphis must be sitting around wondering why their 7'1 300lb starting all star couldn't do that.

Sure buddy.

OK BBB. Cool.

Lebron uses his off arm to clear space every single game, never called. Mozgov travels repeatedly, rarely called. Mozgov goes up just like Green goes up on defense, Green gets called for it when it's against Lebron.

There's stuff the Warriors get away with too but let's be perfectly clear. Refs are not the reason your group of bums is down 3-2. They wouldn't be here if the refs didn't help them out by giving a wink and a nudge to Blatt when he was about to cost them their season with that phantom timeout.

Do you think Lebron has help? Would love to know. How important is Curry to this Warrior's team? I can think of MANY players that could replace him and the Warriors would still win. Replace Lebron with anyone on this Cav's team, and they wouldn't do shit.

My problem is the pendulum nature of it. When he wins he can do it all, when he loses he needs prime Jordan and Magic to help him out.

HabeeNo

Kinda late to the discussion, but couldnt help but cringe when Doris asks 4 questions to Curry, and 3 are about Lebron.

Like, give Curry the credit for the win, ask him about his team or something, rather than "Lebron was great tonight! Your thoughts?"

Sticking to my prediction of GSW in 6

ESPN already going HARD on the he doesn't have enough help narrative. Where's the jeopardy pic again?

But its true?

I mean what NBA Finals team had two of its top 3 leading scores injured?

LBJ is doing whatever humanly possible to win the series.

It's impressive how hard he's playing and the minutes he's putting in.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
If Curry doesn't shit the bed in game 6, I think he deserves MVP.

Yes, Iggy has been amazing, but Iggy doesn't get any of the open shots he does without the pure fear of Curry's shot. The commitment off the pnr on curry to double or throw whoever the fuck they can at him changes a lot. No one on the other side wants to see curry explode, and that fear is a factor all on its own.

BadAss2961

Win or Lose, give the fucking Finals MVP to Lebron. How can anyone on GS win it with such balanced scoring? Cavs are missing TWO all-stars and after Lebron, their best options are Knicks rejects, undrafted role players and a mental midget in TT. For them to even have won 2 games is miraculous.
lol.

He's having a great series, but it's not "lose and still get MVP" worthy. He isn't shooting all that well, and he's always gonna stuff the stat sheet as a ball dominant 'point-foward.'

I'm not sure anyone can honestly say "he has enough help" with 45ppg @ 50% shooting injured and on the sidelines. I think that's just a statement of fact and has been all playoffs. LBJ has just been that good and the role players have done just enough. This bunch has even made the vaunted Warriors bleed.

I think it's fair for even a biased mind to be impressed at the fight they're putting on despite being thin on offensive talent at the moment. They don't need to go out and get *new help*; they just need the help they have to be able to you know...put on a jersey and play. Maybe next year.

If Curry doesn't shit the bed in game 6, I think he deserves MVP.

Yes, Iggy has been amazing, but Iggy doesn't get any of the open shots he does without the pure fear of Curry's shot. The commitment off the pnr on curry to double or throw whoever the fuck they can at him changes a lot. No one on the other side wants to see curry explode, and that fear is a factor all on its own.

Agreed.

Dat freethrow shooting though.

I am so glad they won because he'd look like the biggest fucking idiot on the planet.

So what. GS would probably be down 3-2 or out at this point if it wasn't for his play. Yeah he stunk it up from the line but he's been big for his D on Lebron and timely 3 point baskets.

Also Lebron shouldn't get the MVP if he loses plain and simple. He lost

Godslay

Banned
I'm wondering if Bam Bam Baklava is a bigger LeBron hater then he is a GSW fan. It's one thing to win, it's another to win without tearing down the opponent. Especially when Lebron is having a series like he has so far.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Lebron James is the best post player in the NBA, by a wide margin. I'm rooting for GS and even I can see that much. Memphis must be sitting around wondering why their 7'1 300lb starting all star couldn't do that.

Disagree. Lebron could be a great post player, but he pushes off for separation way too much (and gets away with it). There's a difference between using your arm for separation, and pushing off. And he's not good at creating spacing in a post up sequence without using his large frame to physically shove other players out of the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom