• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA Finals |OT| the deli is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't downplay Stern's contributions in that series. He was Pippen-esque.

I guess Stern made all those shots too. Just stop.

That was arguably the biggest collapse in a Finals series ever, they were up 2-0 and up 13 with about 6:30 to go in Game 3. Dirk missed free throws late, while Shaq made some late. Washed up Gary Payton hit the game winning shot in Game 3.

Blowing that game shook the Mavs, and caused them to lose the next 3 games.

Yes there was a free throw discrepancy, but it was because D Wade was a player who attacked the basket almost every time down the court. Can't forget the hack-a-Shaq either.

AnAnole

My brother sent me a link today of Jordan's top 50 plays.
Jordan would jump over everyone and dunk on them. He was almost reckless.

He seems freakishly strong too and finished a lot. I forgot how good he was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAr6oAKieHk

Are players these days more tentative? Afraid of getting hurt maybe?

Incredible players look like Gods if you condense their careers into a highlight reel of their top plays.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rR9pDQoAtjE

He's a killer. Jordan wants nothing more than to put you in a bodybag. Friend to none of ya
DZJSxA1.png

gcubed

All this Kyrie talk distracted people from the real story. Last possession, full shot clock, after a timeout, and that weak ass off balance fade away long 2 was all they could muster?

Do something not stupid there and Irving never gets hurt

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
The "GOAT" is about to get swept twice in his finals career...

LOL-1.gif~original

I dislike the bullshit hype surrounding Lebron, and by proxy I dislike him; but I won't hold this inevitable series L against him too harshly. You can't do shit about injuries and Cavs proved they could put up a good fight missing key players.

Get well soon, Uncle Drew.

The "GOAT" is about to get swept twice in his finals career...

LOL-1.gif~original

I dislike the bullshit hype surrounding Lebron, and by proxy I dislike him; but I won't hold this inevitable series L against him too harshly. You can't do shit about injuries and Cavs proved they could put up a good fight missing key players.

Get well soon, Uncle Drew.

He's not getting swept. Game 3 will be super emotional back in CLEVELAND.

yuraya

Jordan pretty much dunked on everyone in his career. Nobody was safe. The dunks on Mourning and Ewing were so good.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
He's not getting swept. Game 3 will be super emotional back in CLEVELAND.
So you're telling me the only sweep that's going down is David Blatt telling Della to sweep Curry/Klay/Green legs? 'cause if not, the warriors are taking this in 3 consecutive games.

ffs, they played sub-par for most of that game and would have won by double digits if LeBron wasn't stat padding. They're also really good on the road.

No amount of emotion is about to overcome Curry, Klay, and Green smelling blood in the waters.

It wouldn't even surprise me if The Warriors relaxed and lose a game though. This is the NBA after all...

He might still be. Still, his non-LeBron teams have never reached the second round (and frequently miss the playoffs) after his championship season. That's six seasons of not being able to get to second round in the East. He's been a broken mess for a decade. It's sad because of how great he was to start his career.

You are talking like a fool. Wade is considered by everyone but you to be one of the top 5 point guards all-time. Lets not forget that Jordan missed the finals 6 consecutive years before he ever won one and 2 more years at the end of his career and he IS the greatest all-time.

As for Kyrie, its sad but he's been injured every season since 2010 and has missed an average of 15 games each year.

So you're telling me the only sweep that's going down is David Blatt telling Della to sweep Curry/Klay/Green legs? 'cause if not, the warriors are taking this in 3 consecutive games.

ffs, they played sub-par for most of that game and would have won by double digits if LeBron wasn't stat padding. They're also really good on the road.

No amount of emotion is about to overcome Curry, Klay, and Green smelling blood in the waters.

It wouldn't even surprise me if The Warriors relaxed and lose a game though. This is the NBA after all...

I think the Cavs will get a lift going home.

effzee

You are talking like a fool. Wade is considered by everyone but you to be one of the top 5 point guards all-time. Lets not forget that Jordan missed the finals 6 consecutive years before he ever won one and 2 more years at the end of his career and he IS the greatest all-time.

As for Kyrie, its sad but he's been injured every season since 2010 and has missed an average of 15 games each year.

Top 5 point guard? Of all time? WTF?

Gigglepoo

You are talking like a fool. Wade is considered by everyone but you to be one of the top 5 point guards all-time. Lets not forget that Jordan missed the finals 6 consecutive years before he ever won one and 2 more years at the end of his career and he IS the greatest all-time

I'm talking about missing the playoffs, not the Finals. Look at what Wade's teams have done.

06 - Lost in 1st round
07 - Missed playoffs
08 - Lost in 1st round
09 - Lost in 1st round

4 LeBron years

14 - Missed playoffs

Are you impressed? He started his career as a phenom, he broke down for four seasons (in the East), LeBron swooped in, and then he went back to missing the playoffs.

I still maintain that looking at Finals records is a dumb reductive way to judge a player. Going to 2-4 in the finals is a function of how good LeBron is combined with the conference imbalance. 2011 finals will always be a blemish of course.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I still maintain that looking at Finals records is a dumb reductive way to judge a player. Going to 2-4 in the finals is a function of how good LeBron is combined with the conference imbalance. 2011 finals will always be a blemish of course.

He gets a lot more flak about it due to the whole "not one, not two, not three" nonsense.

I'm talking about missing the playoffs, not the Finals. Look at what Wade's teams have done.

06 - Lost in 1st round
07 - Missed playoffs
08 - Lost in 1st round
09 - Lost in 1st round

4 LeBron years

14 - Missed playoffs

Are you impressed? He started his career as a phenom, he broke down for four seasons (in the East), LeBron swooped in, and then he went back to missing the playoffs.

Not to make excuses but the 06/07 was not Wade's fault because he tore his labrum in late February that season, and was not even 75% during that series.

07/08 and 08/09 I will give you. We had no excuse to lose to the Hawks in the first round. In 09/10, we lost to a good Celtics team, that arguably should have won the title that year. Still no excuse to lose, but it's not like we lost to a bunch of scrubs that year.

Wade should've gone to back to back finals with shaq though. He might've had two rings before Lebron would've come to Miami. Damn Pistons got to the finals instead that year.

Wade should've gone to back to back finals with shaq though. He might've had two rings before Lebron would've come to Miami. Damn Pistons got to the finals instead that year.

Shaq just wanted 1 without Kobe. After that, he stopped giving a fuck.

I still say, if Shaq had Kobe's work ethic and those two could have co-existed, they run the league for a decade.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
It's not dumb at all when so many people want to compare Lebron to the greatest of all time and refer to him as "GOAT". Guys like Kobe, Magic, Kareem, Shaq, Duncan, etc don't carry a bag full of L's in the finals. Lebron does.

Sorry, but you're not the "GOAT" when you get rekt on the grandest stage consistently. Lebron is a damn fine player and will be top 10 when it's all said and done, but he ain't no winner like the legends mentioned above. And that's what it's all about: Winning.

It's not dumb at all when so many people want to compare Lebron to the greatest of all time and refer to him as "GOAT". Guys like Kobe, Magic, Kareem, Shaq, Duncan, etc don't carry a bag full of L's in the finals. Lebron does.

Sorry, but you're not the "GOAT" when you get rekt on the grandest stage consistently. Lebron is a damn fine player and will be top 10 when it's all said and done, but he ain't no winner like the legends mentioned above. And that's what it's all about: Winning.

The student is now the master...and to think, I was partially responsible for you getting that Green Shinobi tag...they grow up so fast! ;___;

All I'm saying is swap prime Jordan in for LeBron on this Cavs team and the Warriors win.

If LeBron manages to get 2 wins out of this series that would take some serious skill.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
SA Smith just insinuated that Curry had an inefficient game because he shot only 50%. smh
I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I like Skip and SA. It's like watching what would happen if overzealous sports fans who troll message boards suddenly got their own show on one of the biggest networks on the planet and the higher ups just said: "Do you".

They're both pure high octane fuckery and I wouldn't have it any other way.

The student is now the master...and to think, I was partially responsible for you getting that Green Shinobi tag...they grow up so fast! ;___;
Haha! Those were fun times. I felt like I needed to go hard in the paint and draw some fouls during my introduction (you guys were pretty vicious to newcomers back then), but I guess I went a little too hard and was branded for it. I wouldn't have it any other way though.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
Curry did not play well at all.

Got carried to be honest.

Yeah that was his "C" game and they still won. He definitely didn't get carried as he was the best offensive player on the floor for the warriors. Iggy gets game ball though for his work at both ends.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
All I'm saying is swap prime Jordan in for LeBron on this Cavs team and the Warriors win.

If LeBron manages to get 2 wins out of this series that would take some serious skill.
Yeah they would still win, but MJ would still score more than a single gimmie lay-up to pad his stats in OT. I can promise you that.

And you know damn well prime Ocho would have nearly killed himself to get buckets in that OT as well.

Kobe, Shaq, and Duncan didn't have to play superior western conference champs in their Finals matchups. At the same time that makes them getting to the Finals much more impressive obviously. Just seems like an odd metric to use. No one is touching MJ or Kareem but LeBron is definitely in the same tier as those other players listed.

Godslay

Banned
Shaq just wanted 1 without Kobe. After that, he stopped giving a fuck.

I still say, if Shaq had Kobe's work ethic and those two could have co-existed, they run the league for a decade.

They were great, and could have been legendary had it all held together.

In some ways it makes that Piston's championship more impressive. That was a fun year to watch, unless of course you were a Lakers fan, but I think the writing was on the wall to some degree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom