• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA Finals |OT| the deli is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
That was one of my favorite "you just got got" moments in GAF history.

He even had the decency to use homophobic slurs so I could enjoy his ban to the fullest and not feel an ounce of pity for hm.

In terms of skill and talent? Absolutely. In terms of getting shit done? nah

For instance: Kobe and Magic don't have a bunch of Bronze medals in their trophy rooms.

As a Lakers fan I honestly think prime Shaq+Lebron would have won more championships. Kobe and Lebron are hard to compare due to having very different games, career arcs, and franchises they were blessed/cursed to be a part of. I think the difference is very slight.

As a Lakers fan I honestly think prime Shaq+Lebron would have won more championships. Kobe and Lebron are hard to compare due to having very different games, career arcs, and franchises they were blessed/cursed to be a part of. I think the difference is very slight.

In the Triangle? Naw. Just close your eyes and imagine Shaq playing with a 2005-07 Kobe. Yeah, THAT Kobe who was just doing straight up bananas shit nightly with bozos.

BadAss2961

CGweEkMUgAAQSH2.jpg
The LeBron offense exposed. Been wanting to see this for so long. Surprised Steve Kerr is the coach with the balls to do it.

Bron's good to great at everything offensively, but he's not an all-time level scorer that would bury a team for doing this.

thekad

Banned
Those Lakers teams wouldn't have embarrassed themselves had they had true superstars like Lebron James or Kevin Durant.

The LeBron offense exposed. Been wanting to see this for so long. Surprised Steve Kerr is the coach with the balls to do it.

Bron's good to great at everything offensively, but he's not an all-time level scorer that would bury a team for doing this.

Kerr: "So Michael, how would I guard a guy that doesn't have your killer instinct?" ^^^

Fjordson

I don't really agree that Curry didn't play well. I mean it wasn't a great game and he had 4 turnovers, but I though it was fine. He shot it better than Klay, Kyrie, Lebron, etc. + had 8 assists and 4 boards.

Omega

Banned
Nah, Kyrie outplayed him for 4 quarters. Steph didn't have an amazing game because Cavs actually played defense unlike Houston who left the best shooter of all time wide open.

I guess it's a good thing basketball is a team game. Maybe Cleveland should have spent their money better instead of having 6 bench warming ring chasers.

dream

As some of you know, I honestly, earnestly, and sincerely enjoy the WNBA, and I buy LiveAccess every season so I can watch these ladies play what I would argue is proper basketball, with lots of ball movement, living below the rim.

Well, the season opened today, and I am currently watching the final game of the day: the San Antonio Silver Stars vs. the 2014-15 champion Phoenix Mercury. It's at halftime right now and they're showing a segment on the tryouts for the practice squad, which is hosted by the Mercury sideline report, ringless Utah Jazz legend and current Phoenix Suns head coach Jeff Hornacek's daughter.

Gentlemen, I'd like to introduce you to Abby Hornacek, who is perfect:

Screenshot-2015-02-08-at-1.55.17-PM-620x614.png

Screenshot-2015-02-08-at-1.54.28-PM1.png

0a21568.jpg

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
The burden of being an amazing player: When putting up 26, 8, and 4 on 50% shooting and helping to lead your team to victory in OT in your very first finals game is an underwhelming performance.

The burden of being an amazing player: When putting up 26, 8, and 4 on 50% shooting and helping to lead your team to victory in OT in your very first finals game is an underwhelming performance.

Hey at least Allen Iverson led his team to a victory, on the road, in Game 1 of the Finals, against the better team.

Iverson does what LeBron don't.

Fucker stopped us from sweeping the entire playoffs too...I still mad.

Jonm1010

Banned
Yeah, Wade is definitely a top 5 SG.

Jordan
West
Wade
Hondo
Drexler

Yup, 3rd or 2nd.

2nd, no. Jordan and Kobe get those spots. After that I could hear the case being made but you have to also throw guys like George Gervin, Pete Maravich, and Allen Iverson into the mix as well. The first 2 are pretty easy the rest is a bit hard IMO.

As some of you know, I honestly, earnestly, and sincerely enjoy the WNBA, and I buy LiveAccess every season so I can watch these ladies play what I would argue is proper basketball, with lots of ball movement, living below the rim.

Well, the season opened today, and I am currently watching the final game of the day: the San Antonio Silver Stars vs. the 2014-15 champion Phoenix Mercury. It's at halftime right now and they're showing a segment on the tryouts for the practice squad, which is hosted by the Mercury sideline report, ringless Utah Jazz legend and current Phoenix Suns head coach Jeff Hornacek's daughter.

Gentlemen, I'd like to introduce you to Abby Hornacek, who is perfect:

Screenshot-2015-02-08-at-1.55.17-PM-620x614.png

Screenshot-2015-02-08-at-1.54.28-PM1.png

0a21568.jpg

I'd hit it harder than Jerry Stackhouse hit her dad.

It's not dumb at all when so many people want to compare Lebron to the greatest of all time and refer to him as "GOAT". Guys like Kobe, Magic, Kareem, Shaq, Duncan, etc don't carry a bag full of L's in the finals. Lebron does.

Sorry, but you're not the "GOAT" when you get rekt on the grandest stage consistently. Lebron is a damn fine player and will be top 10 when it's all said and done, but he ain't no winner like the legends mentioned above. And that's what it's all about: Winning.

It's cool how they let you openly post as an alt and even tagged you for it.

I can't see a scenario where they lose Game 3.

Hell I thought we were in good position last year after we stole game 2. Then we got smoked because the better team showed us just how much better they were. I just don't see Delly, JR, and Shumpert getting it done against those guys. Blatt's gonna have to make some major adjustments for them to have a chance to even be that effective in game 3.

If you criticize Lebron for losing more finals than other all time greats, you are dumb. Straight up. I don't support Lebron, he's a great player but I find his style a bit boring. However you are clearly not considering:

Jordan played in an era with plenty of other strong eastern conference teams. Therefore he could only ever get to the finals with a complete, well rounded team.

Lebron has played in a historically terrible east. The finals teams he had in '07 and '11 had no right being there in the first place. If he had played in the east he would've lost earlier and came back stronger afterwards.

So when you're criticizing him with some ridiculous ESPN level arguments about how Jordan or Kobe didn't lose the finals, please understand that Lebron might not have ever lost the finals either if he'd played in a competitive conference.

If you don't know this you aint a real basketball fan bruh

Was it Jordan? For some reason I had a brainfart and thought the Bulls won that game but lost the series.

Edit: in looking for it I found out that Jordan also has the regular season record with 64, and that Kobe has scored 50 points three times in games his team lost.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
Role players play better at home. I see them taking Game 3.

Mozgov and TThompson were fantastic in game 1. As was Kyrie but obviously he won't be around. The problem the Cavs have is that the Warriors have just decided to lock down all the role players so there is really no option to just "play better". Also, the iso game doesn't get those players involved so when they do get their chance they aren't in the flow. That is the choice you make when running pure iso every play.

Magilla

Banned
So Kyrie getting injured is great news for LeBron's legacy according to ESPN:

If the Cavaliers lose, you can't pin this on LeBron. But if the Warriors remain intact, and the Cavaliers win, it will be one of the greatest achievements in the history of the NBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom