• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA Finals |OT| the deli is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Wade should've gone to back to back finals with shaq though. He might've had two rings before Lebron would've come to Miami. Damn Pistons got to the finals instead that year.
I'm still convinced to this day if Wade hadn't injured his rib we'd have taken Detroit. But the Spurs probably take us, Damon Jones would've gotten lit the fuck up by Tony Parker. Shaq was robbed of MVP that year too. 2006 was such catarsis from the 2005 bullshit.

rambis

Banned
Kyrie needs to actually work out this year instead of heading to Vegas and getting fatter. No doubt in my mind he is 20 pounds overweight from where he should be if he wants to have a healthy season
Lol what? At 193 and over 6ft he's pretty small. And yeah, the pool video had him pretty toned.

20lbs is a massive difference BTW.

I enter here waiting to see actual basketball discussion but its just personal trashing of players (for personal shit) & bullshit. Wow, not even players with their career in jeopardy get spared from that crap.

Either way Cavs are still getting this in 6 games.

I enter here waiting to see actual basketball discussion but its just personal trashing of players (for personal shit) & bullshit. Wow, not even players with their career in jeopardy get spared from that crap.

Sad that you expecting something different. Basketball suffers the same thing music suffers from...

...People always wanting someone to replace legends rather than allowing them to showcase their own stats for their own era. It literally why I think people hate lebron. He can't be who he is, make his own stage name, without it having to disrespect someone above him. And same goes for all the new guys in the game.

It's annoying and tiring.

rambis

Banned

With a somewhat entertaining finals getting derailed by injury and layoffs its to be expected.

Sad that you expecting something different. Basketball suffers the same thing music suffers from...

...People always wanting someone to replace legends rather than allowing them to showcase their own stats for their own era. It literally why I think people hate lebron. He can't be who he is, make his own stage name, without it having to disrespect someone above him. And same goes for all the new guys in the game.

"...maybe I destroyed the game...or maybe, you're just making excuses."

Okay, let's talk some basketball. I'm sure you're going be insightful or-
kg5aXxc.jpg

It's pretty crazy when you realize that if any of the other playoff teams from the East were in the finals we would have a nice civilized discussion

I prefer the way you put it. I do hope all these guys here put some of that energy and ferociousness on other areas of their lives producing a positive impact on it.

Back to Basketball. Time for the Cavs to regroup. I do think they should run more plays with LeBron at the top of the court with the other players cutting and the bigs running to the basket, the dubs defenders are not "openly defending" LeBron but i think that's weakspeak. They try to take away the passing lanes and Cleveland could counter by off the ball movement and rolls to the basket.

I actually think Blatt is a smart dude that knows his stuff so I look forward to the adjustments tomorrow.

bchamba

I prefer the way you put it. I do hope all these guys here put some of that energy and ferociousness on other areas of their lives producing a positive impact on it.

Back to Basketball. Time for the Cavs to regroup. I do think they should run more plays with LeBron at the top of the court with the other players cutting and the bigs running to the basket, the dubs defenders are not "openly defending" LeBron but i think that's weakspeak. They try to take away the passing lanes and Cleveland could counter by off the ball movement and rolls to the basket.

I actually think Blatt is a smart dude that knows his stuff so I look forward to the adjustments tomorrow.

Can't tell if srs

Edit: is this the same Blatt that called a play with 2 seconds left that had LeBron inbounding the ball that LeBron had to change, and moments before tried calling a timeout he didn't have? Same Blatt that after that game compared head coaching to being a fighter pilot because of the amount of decisions you have to make?

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Cleveland in 6 without Kyrie? As in GS is only going to win one more game? Damn that's some faith in adjustments/Lebron/Roleplayers if I've ever seen some.

Spinluck

Can't tell if srs

Edit: is this the same Blatt that called a play with 2 seconds left that had LeBron inbounding the ball that LeBron had to change, and moments before tried calling a timeout he didn't have? Same Blatt that after that game compared head coaching to being a fighter pilot because of the amount of decisions you have to make?

Yeah, Blatt looks lost out there lol.

LBJ has to be like "This bullshit, again???" Too bad Kyrie just signed a 5 year deal, no one is touching that contract.

Some stats:

Wade - last 3 seasons avgs
20 PPG 5 RPG 5 APG - 29 games missed due to injury

Kyrie - last 3 seasons avg
20 PPG 4 RPG 6 APG - 15 games missed due to injury

If you take Wade out to the last 5 seasons his injury games drops to 15.

Can't tell if srs

Yes, that guy. He had his ego wounded in public, not the most easy situation. Everyone can be an ass/dumb/stupid/intelligent at times, it doesn't that's their most dominant trait or that it defines them.

Please, it's quite evident it's going to be the Cavs in 5. I say this because the warriors clearly have no business even being on the court with Lebron. It's a king vs paupers, and while the paupers might rebel slightly and win a victory, a king always wins the war. I'm fully expecting Lebron to roll out the guillotine next match and he will decapitate the splash brothers with his pin point precision jumpers and lethal post game. Not to mention his goddamn jester Del to the v to the ova will be there playing hard hustling like he does every single game. They probably lost because Kyrie played too many minutes and Del to the V to the Ova wasn't there to shut it down with his straight up hardcore hustle. It's tragic that Kyrie had to get hurt to get my man Del some minutes but I know he's good for it. He's probably the next basketball superstar in the making. J.R Smith is already rifling his sniping arm and will be scoping down threes all game next game too. Imani shumpert is going to rise to the heights his hair has risen too and will play taller and harder than any other player before him. I'm serious he's going to come out next game looking like Manute Bol or some shit.

I mean it's quite obvious the sporting world in delusional right now and they're obviously overrating the warriors quite significantly. They're a team filled with second tier roleplayers that have only managed to get this far on the back of streaky shooting. They have no star, curry is a one year fluke at best and he will go back to being an injury prone bench warmer fairly soon. Iguadala has already left a legacy of pauper ball stain all over his previous teams and despite his reasonably good play the previous match will go back to stinking it up like usual for the next 4. Thompson is and will always be straight bad at defense and an average shot at best. The rest of the warriors roster is not even worth mentioning because they're all super forgettable roleplayers.

The Cavs would have won that last game if the Oracle Arena wasn't a drafty shitshow because Lebron's three point double stepback fadeaway at the end would have splashed if it wasn't for wind involvement. The refs also went blind during the overtime period and awarded several fouls that shouldn't have been fouls, it should have gone to OT2 because both teams only managed to drop one legit bucket. Lebron would have finished the game in OT2 too because he's got that superior stamina that allows him to go harder than most cats do.

facelike

Please, it's quite evident it's going to be the Cavs in 5. I say this because the warriors clearly have no business even being on the court with Lebron. It's a king vs paupers, and while the paupers might rebel slightly and win a victory, a king always wins the war. I'm fully expecting Lebron to roll out the guillotine next match and he will decapitate the splash brothers with his pin point precision jumpers and lethal post game. Not to mention his goddamn jester Del to the v to the ova will be there playing hard hustling like he does every single game. They probably lost because Kyrie played too many minutes and Del to the V to the Ova wasn't there to shut it down with his straight up hardcore hustle. It's tragic that Kyrie had to get hurt to get my man Del some minutes but I know he's good for it. He's probably the next basketball superstar in the making. J.R Smith is already rifling his sniping arm and will be scoping down threes all game next game too. Imani shumpert is going to rise to the heights his hair has risen too and will play taller and harder than any other player before him. I'm serious he's going to come out next game looking like Manute Bol or some shit.

I mean it's quite obvious the sporting world in delusional right now and they're obviously overrating the warriors quite significantly. They're a team filled with second tier roleplayers that have only managed to get this far on the back of streaky shooting. They have no star, curry is a one year fluke at best and he will go back to being an injury prone bench warmer fairly soon. Iguadala has already left a legacy of pauper ball stain all over his previous teams and despite his reasonably good play the previous match will go back to stinking it up like usual for the next 4. Thompson is and will always be straight bad at defense and an average shot at best. The rest of the warriors roster is not even worth mentioning because they're all super forgettable roleplayers.

The Cavs would have won that last game if the Oracle Arena wasn't a drafty shitshow because Lebron's three point double stepback fadeaway at the end would have splashed if it wasn't for wind involvement. The refs also went blind during the overtime period and awarded several fouls that shouldn't have been fouls, it should have gone to OT2 because both teams only managed to drop one legit bucket. Lebron would have finished the game in OT2 too because he's got that superior stamina that allows him to go harder than most cats do.

67 win team....but all role players not with mentioning. Lost 3 games at home all year.

Joke post right?

3 paragraphs of fuckery.

AnAnole

People need to stop saying Kyrie's career is in Jeopardy. He fractured his patella. Once it heals, he should be alright. This isnt a torn ligament or a situation in which the meniscus has to be removed. He won't require the dreaded microfrafracture surgery. Once the bone heals, he will be back to normal. This might even be a good thing, as being forced to stay away from the basketball court for a few months will help him recover from whatever other nagging injuries he might have.

So we can't criticize him for getting free rides to the finals only to get exposed once he got there?

This is so true. Lebron is a top 10 player of all time. Anyone who say otherwise is just delusional. But since he came in to the league the east has been historically bad. I am pretty sure this stat has been mentioned before but lebron has been in the league for 12 years and in the playoffs he has only faced seven 50 win teams. Just think about that for minute!

Asked Mike Miller, after behind-the-back pass, if he was playing point tomorrow. Laughs as he runs out. "Yeah, point cheerleader."

-ethan skolnick twitter

Lul.

stn

As much as I want Cleveland to win, I fully believe Golden State is taking it. Just a matter of how many games it will take.

Bucks jerseys kind of remind me of the Celtics but they look pretty good regardless. They aren't very tacky and kinda simple looking which works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom