• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA PLAYOFFS |OT| One man's Smith.. Is another man's treasure.

JNA

Banned
khVG6tt.png

3211339.gif

spyder_ur

dallas frauds

What does that mean? They're a 7 seed giving a very good team a good game on the road. Have to fix the defense, but I wouldn't be terribly dismayed by this game if I were a Mavs fan.

Was scared we were gonna get nothing but intentional fouls back and forth for a while there. Definitely gonna happen at some point this series.

Soonri

Monta has killed the Mavs on D. Somehow he was worse than Dirk on that end and Dirk at least scored well and consistently

spyder_ur

I still think this will be a long series and that Dallas has a legitimate chance to win. If Houston's role players play like this then Houston will win, but I don't think they keep that up. Carlisle is a much better coach than McHale and that generally shows as series go on. The difference in talent level between the teams is not that drastic.

Resilient

I still think this will be a long series and that Dallas has a legitimate chance to win. If Houston's role players play like this then Houston will win, but I don't think they keep that up. Carlisle is a much better coach than McHale and that generally shows as series go on.

Jet and Brewer won't play like this all series, Jet especially. I'm ok with this loss.

Houston hit every 50/50 shot this game. That can't/won't happen every game. To be honest, I think the Mavericks lost the game versus the Rockets winning.

I still think this will be a long series and that Dallas has a legitimate chance to win. If Houston's role players play like this then Houston will win, but I don't think they keep that up. Carlisle is a much better coach than McHale and that generally shows as series go on.

I dunno, while McHale gets a lot of shit. He's a little more liberal in giving his complete bench a chance.

Carlisle's stubborn attitude to keep his favorites in the game even if they're playing like shit really hurts the Mavs. With Felton playing well at the end of the regular season he should have seen some minutes with Harris hurt. Charlie V knocking down two threes in garbage minutes certainly makes me wonder to.

That's why almost every former Mavs player goes banana pants on them. Brewer, Gerald Green, etc, go crazy against the Mavs to show up Carlisle because they never got any minutes here.

spyder_ur

I dunno, while McHale gets a lot of shit. He's a little more liberal in giving his complete bench a chance.

Carlisle's stubborn attitude to keep his favorites in the game even if they're playing like shit really hurts the Mavs. With Felton playing well at the end of the regular season he should have seen some minutes with Harris hurt. Charlie V knocking down two threes in garbage minutes certainly makes me wonder to.

That's why almost every former Mavs player goes banana pants on them. Brewer, Gerald Green, etc, go crazy against the Mavs to show up Carlisle because they never got any minutes here.

Maybe, but McHale is nowhere near the tactician that Carlisle is. Carlisle will make adjustments.

What you say is true to an extent but benches shorten in the playoffs so it's more applicable for building up players in the regular season. It's not the time to be messing with rotations. Plus I don't think more Raymond Felton is the answer. Harris not playing does stretch them a bit though, especially defensively.

J2 Cool

Fun first day to the playoffs. Excited for this Clippers/Spurs series so much, that's going to be the war of the first round I hope. That plus Portland/Memphis should be the shit.

On Houston, they probably win this series in 5, but don't expect Terry to continue that kind of output, or so much Brewer either.

JoeFu

Banned
Monta has killed the Mavs on D. Somehow he was worse than Dirk on that end and Dirk at least scored well and consistently

Dude was useless in the fourth. Would rather have had Aminu out there, as he actually tries to defend people.

Pimpwerx

Can't believe I watched all the games today. I didn't think I'd care with the Heat out. Good games all around. I think I'll support the Warriors and Hawks this year. PEACE.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
How come Harden only shot 17 FT's. Seems low.

Still can't believe that overhead of him careening sideways into Dirk (who was just running in a straight line) to draw that foul. NBA needs to stop that shit now. By now I mean invent a new rule for the playoffs if they have to.

maladroid

Dwight only played 17 minutes and Houston won by double digits. Brewer played above his usual efficiency, and Josh Smith played below it. I'm not gonna say it'll be a cakewalk, but I'll be disappointed if we don't build on this win the way we should.

Dwight only played 17 minutes and Houston won by double digits. Brewer played above his usual efficiency, and Josh Smith played below it. I'm not gonna say it'll be a cakewalk, but I'll be disappointed if we don't build on this win the way we should.
Does Josh Smith still have an identity crisis and is shooting you out of games or is he actually taking it to the basket and making an actual impact???

Does Josh Smith still have an identity crisis and is shooting you out of games or is he actually taking it to the basket and making an actual impact???

I don't have a shot chart but I wanna say nearly all of his shots were near the rim tonight. I think I saw him take 2 mid range shots but that was about it. He was getting some great feeds on the inside.

I don't have a shot chart but I wanna say nearly all of his shots were near the rim tonight. I think I saw him take 2 mid range shots but that was about it. He was getting some great feeds on the inside.

Dude is very effective near the basket.

I've seen the Rockets several times this year(though I see more of the East) and just didn't know if The Rockets' version is the Atlanta Hawks' Josh Smith or slightly improved.

From what I have seen this year, he's improved in that regard.

maladroid

CBXBC6_UsAAFcKu.png

He still feels himself too much from time to time, but it was mostly the turnovers that bothered me from this game. His passing ability (sometimes) and ability to patrol the paint have made him a net positive for Houston.

Krejlooc

Banned
that was the most fun playoff game I've ever been to. that place was on fire all game long. that was awesome. i hope the whole series is like that.

Dwight was pretty much dominating the paint when he's on the floor. Mavs got no answer for him. Right after halftime Dwight was put back in and just like that rox got the 2ble digit lead back. Rondo made shots but it did t matter because he wasnt getting anyone going. Only him and Dirk played to expectations. Rest were almost non factor. And darn, mavs bench is baaad. Though its not too late for the mavs. As long as they keep the game close they be alright coz every rox lineup they put is susceptible to hack-a-___ .

Top Bottom