• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS owners, what are you currently playing?

Meia

I got pretty drunk last night, woke up to find that I impulse bought Dual Destinies.

Oh well. Was gonna try to wait for phoenix wright vs layton, but this will scratch the itch. It's great, yeah?

Also, is the dlc worth grabbing?

The DLC case is better than some of the actual cases in the game proper. Rather long too. :)

Right now I'm bouncing between Pokemon Y(which I restarted after having stopped awhile ago without beating it), and EO4(got to the fourth strata before stopping), which I'm now starting over in preparation for Persona Q. :D

Ascenion

Just picked up Fire Emblem Awakening bringing my new found 3DS collection to a massive.....4! I like it so far. Made my Robin look like Lightning so I can die not hating Lightning 80+ years from now.

Syckx

Started playing Yoshi's New Island, and I'm very happy I ignored the reviews on this one. It's a great game, and perfecting each level is pretty challenging. Definitely recommend it if you enjoyed any of the others in the series.

CANLI

For me, it's One Piece Unlimited World R and Picross e4.
One Piece is just decent, not bad but not great too (though I'm a big fan) and I love any picross game since Picross DS
And last week, I finished Kirby TD. This one is really fun to play.

I just got done with my 100% run of ALBW. Fan-flipping-tastic. Saw the
double-cross coming from a mile away, but I really liked the ending with Ravio and the Triforce.

I probably won't run Hero mode for a while. Maybe in a couple years.

Moved onto Kirby Triple Deluxe. Fun use of the 3D with enemy movement and depth.

Still currently playing Sticker Star. I'm about 20 hours in and at the beginning of World 5. It's probably going to take me a few months to complete.

george_us

4th time through Chrono Trigger. I haven other RPGs I need to finish but CT is really the only one I ever feel like playing. Game is so good.

How are you liking it? I thought that game was a ton of fun with an amazing OST, and got a bad rap unfairly.

Somehow I wish Miyamoto never touch Paper Mario or anything need plot again, let IS do all the job. SS is a game with great stage design, but the battle system is destroyed by bad puzzle solving contents.

Also, Yoshi's new island. Finished stage 3-5 today, everything is fine except music and submarine, I like those boss battles.

CPCunha

Revisiting DKCR... Did a fast run when the wii version came out... now that i got this (thanks club nintenDON'T EVER OFFER ME DIGITAL PRIZES AGAIN) i'm going for the K levels... i'm soooo bad at this game but still having fun with it. Retro does it right.

Tiny415

Neo Member
My 3DS XL was stolen at a convention. After getting Nintendo to let me re-download my purchases on the new 3DS, I have started working my way through

Pokemon Y

Fire Emblem

Animal Crossing

Bravely Default

Only hope whoever took it, is taking care of my AC residents and my pokemon.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Just finished up Etrian Odyssey Untold, and starting up Project X Zone. I dig it so far, but I've only played a half hour or so.

Usually throw a couple minutes at Kirby 3D and SMB2(JP/Lost Levels) from time to time too.

sk3tch

I agree with this sentiment. Pokemon X and SMTIV/Soul Hackers are the only RPGs I have right now for the 3DS and the similar thread of capturing monsters/demons is getting tiresome. I'd like to build up a traditional party instead. I don't see an RPG that can scratch that traditional itch for me other than Bravely Default, but the second half scares me off. May have to dip into DS offerings.

Try Rune Factory 4. Really recharged my batteries after getting bored leveling up both Pokemon Y and X. I always do that...stretch myself too thin on Pokemon, lol.

Now I want more Harvest Moon-esque goodness...so Harvest Moon: A New Beginning is en route!

scottzorus

Neo Member
Just finished up Etrian Odyssey Untold, and starting up Project X Zone. I dig it so far, but I've only played a half hour or so.

Usually throw a couple minutes at Kirby 3D and SMB2(JP/Lost Levels) from time to time too.

Just finished Project X Zone, I liked it. Just started Devil Survivor Overclocked yesterday, just over an hour into it.

Sulik2

Trying to get through Super Mario 3D Land, but man these opening worlds are a drag. I know its supposed to get better past world 8, but man this game is not clicking with me.

yayaba

Trying to get through Super Mario 3D Land, but man these opening worlds are a drag. I know its supposed to get better past world 8, but man this game is not clicking with me.

I had a lot of fun with the game, namely since it's the first Mario game I've played since Galaxy 2 (skipped the various NSMB iterations on the Wii and Wii U). The post world-8 worlds are pretty good and definitely bring the challenge back.

But I just enjoyed cranking up the 3D and running around each world regardless of difficulty.

Need to take a break from Rune Factory 4. Trying to grind, waiting for my child to be born and getting enough RP to make the ultimate scythe, before I go too much further in the final dungeon, but it's getting tiring.

I just bought Kid Icarus Uprising, and it's pretty great so far. Only three chapters in, but I'm enjoying it. The voice acting is pretty funny.

Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, Tomodachi Life, and Donkey Kong Country Returns at the moment.

Still have to beat Fire Emblem and Paper Mario Sticker Star. Will probably get back to those games when I'm done with the above listed titles.

Xhorder

Bought my 3DS after my son was born a few weeks ago. I figured it's easier to grab the 3DS than to turn on my gaming PC or consoles (which I hardly use anymore anyway) and it's a nice way to get back into Nintendo gaming. So I got myself a bunch of games as well.

Now playing:

Super Mario 3D Land
My first 3D Mario after the first Galaxy (I own Galaxy 2, but my girlfriend played it mostly and I didn't for some reason) and it's pretty good. I kinda dislike the fact there is no overworld and there isn't really any relation to each level in a world. It's like Nintendo grabbed a bunch of levels and ordered them randomly. I'm in world 7 right now and I have less trouble with some of these levels than I had with a bunch of them in earlier worlds. Still, I love the smart design, the 3D is cool and I can't wait to see what happens after World 8 (don't spoil it).

Fire Emblem Awakening
My first Fire Emblem, but not my first tactical RPG. I must be one of the few people who dislikes the fact your team members can die permanently, so I turned this feature off. Characters are nice, story is alright for now. Fights are pretty cool and addicting. I'm still at the beginning, somewhere around chapter 8 or 9.

Pullblox
I heard this one was brilliant, so I got it in the E-Shop. So far so good, but I was stuck on one puzzle, so let's see if I still like it if I stay stuck. ;-)

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers
I've been intrigued by the SMT games for a while now. I played Persona 3 and 4, but this was around the time I really was into the Xbox 360, so I never finished these games (shame). I started P3 on an emulator recently, and am planning to continue this one. I also got SMT 3 and Digital Devil Saga for PS2 recently, so I might play them on emulator as well (if I ever have time left). Anyway... I know the history of the games and Soul Hackers is and older title... but I'm still intrigued by it. I played for an hour or so and liked what I saw.

hao chi

I've been working on Soul Hackers off and on, and I'm enjoying it even though it hasn't really gripped me yet.

Also playing A Link Between Worlds, which is one of the games I got from the Best Buy sale (the other being Bravely Default). I'm only on the second dungeon, but I'm enjoying it so far. Though honestly, it really makes me just want to start A Link to the Past again.

Ludist210

Working through Mario and Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move right now. Free game, and it's been fun thus far (74 stars in out of...230ish?).

I'm also passively playing Rune Factory 2 and Mario Golf: World Tour.

watershed

Banned
I figure this is as good a thread as any. What is the next big 3ds game to release? Smash isn't until October and Codename STEAM isn't until 2015.

Right now I am pretty much wrapping up my time with Tomodachi Life (20 hours played easily) and am thinking of going back to beat Fire Emblem or Professor Layton.

k1t4j

I just ordered Etrian Odisey: Millennium Girl and Luigi's Mansion.

But one that I really really want is SMT IV. I am a patient man but god dam Atlus,hurry up

One question, has anyone played any Inazuma Eleven game?

I used to be a big fan of Tsubasa (Oliver and Benji) whatever it was called in other countries, and was curious about the game but i'm not sure which one to get as they are many iterations. Some help would be nice.

Xhorder

Oh and I forgot one other game I've been playing. Since I bought the Animal Crossing Limited Edition 3DS XL it came with AC preinstalled. So I've been playing this as well on and off. I like it much better than the DS version, which always felt like a step back to me for some reason.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Wrapping up Kirby Triple Deluxe, on final stage with just about 50% completion. Maybe there is a second quest or something that unlocks after? Not sure where the other 50% comes in, I've got most all the collectibles in stages too up to this point.

Debating either Fire Emblem or SMTIV next, both have been in my backlog for ages now. Not sure which yet.

Just beat Strike Force Foxx this morning, the later levels are kind of cheap.

Now continuing to flip between SMT IV and EO IV because I'm stuck in both

Mario 64 DS complete! Aw yiss. Mother fuckin' Power Stars.
The 23 final coins from around the castle & for getting 100 coins I will do another day
Amazing and joyful to play, and it holds up wonderfully well. I'm thrilled that I've finally played and completed this classic!

Next up: Ocarina of Time 3D. I am already about 8 hours in, but I think I'm tempted to start from scratch and go back through again!

SCReuter

Started playing Yoshi's New Island, and I'm very happy I ignored the reviews on this one. It's a great game, and perfecting each level is pretty challenging. Definitely recommend it if you enjoyed any of the others in the series.
It's one of my favorite 3DS titles. Arzest did a good job.

yayaba

Wife totally stole my 3DS to play Tomodachi Life so I'll be swapping between Saga 2, Picross 3D, and Chrono Trigger the next few weeks. Really glad I never sold my DS Lite now.

Marco1

Just received Pilotwings for £10 new.
Really loving it and the 3D effect but wishing there were more islands.
Perfectly captures the essence of Pilotwings SNES.
But on another note why there isn't a F-Zero on 3DS I'll never know, 60fps and the 3D effect would be unbelievable but then that's Nintendo for you.
If F-Zero were here, the 3DS would be my favourite Nintendo console ever.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Nada. Gave up on DKCR and finally going to sell it off since there's nothing in the horizon that interests me and I just don't need two portables.

zigg

Shovel Knight!

Also poking at Rusty's Real Deal since I hadn't touched it since I downloaded it and that post-play survey is coming up fast.

Top Bottom