• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alan Wake 2 reportedly runs at 840p 60 FPs on the PS5 Pro; Remedy responds, no confirmation, more details coming

Mr.Phoenix

Probably gonna be pretty unlikely that it gets a further patch, its already 5~ years old. The 60fps mode is pretty good and the console version only has RT reflections, none of the other PC RT features so it wasn't really worth it for sacrifice in performance IMO.
Sigh.....

Ok thats it... I am putting tekken 8 down....

Moses85

Will Smith Reaction GIF

What does DLSS?

Correct, it is upscaling from lower Resolution…

Mainly the PS5 Pro will do the same. Reconstruct lower Resolution by using AI Tech.

The Switch 2 will do the same.

So I dont understand why some of you are clowning and bitching.

Haint

Youtube is full of idiots claiming the pro is 2080 card and for 300 more you can get a pc wirh a 4060 card claiming its way better than the pro .

Now this bullshit here. At probably many more till release .

If sony doesnt do a proper presentation soon with real games and real data, they deserve all the negativity coming to them

$300 more for a 4060? 4060 desktops are like $700. 4070 systems would be closer to "$300 more".

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I find there are certain people that simply just want to jump at every opportunity to piss on this thing. Even when doing so is as blatantly biased as we are seeing in this example.

Fascinating when you see supposedly technically adept people suddenly have a collective brain freeze and throw common sense out the window.

I mean... even without explaining as much as I already have... how can anyone see that the base PS5 and the PS5 pro is running at the same internal rez and not see the issue lies with the devs implementation?

Or even worse, how can they attribute this in a mode that's not even using RT, to the CPU, when the game is already doing 60fps on the base PS5 at that same rez, or even worse, how can they associate the rez of a game to the CPU in a situation like this? When the Pro doesn't just have a 45% faster GPU, it has more RAM available to devs and more bandwidth.

As I said, some posters are so blinded by their need to hate this thing, that they literally start becoming stupid. All their tech knowledge just seems to go on vacation.

Of course, we don't know what sony pays. But we cant look at what a consumer should pay based on what OEM bulk pricing/contracts are.

We can only look at the cost of the product. And that is PS5 Digital $450 and PS5Pro $700.

To the end user, the question of value is simple, what more are you getting for $250 more?

45% better GPU? what is that worth? What does 454% more GPU go for on the market? Well, which GPUs are about 45% better than the one said to be in the base PS5? What the market price difference?

More SSD space? Whats a 2TB SSD going for these days, whats half of that amount since they are only adding 1TB extra? But hell, we at least have an idea what OEM pricing is or stuff like SSDs (hence why I added on $35 for it instead of $70....etc.

Sony has priced the PS5pro, relative to what its performance would command on the open market, not relative to what they priced the base PS5. And there is nothing wrong with that.

I know you're going to say I'm being negative and so are so many others.

But, I'd juat like to say your defence for this box is wild!

It's sonys job to sell us this thing, they did a 9 minute video, slapped a God awful price tag on it and called it a day. Now we have SOME evidence of how this thing is performing, which in some cases seems to be devs slapping pisser on and calling it a day and you are saying people are being dissengenous for shitting on this box.

This is the problem with the pro. It's down to devs to out the work in over the end user tweaking settings like on a pc. There's a chance that many devs just think fuck it and switch Pisser on.

I say pisser because the Internet is running with it and it's funny.

Basically, buy the thing if you want but don't hate on us that are being negative and shittinf on it when the company that are making it shit out the worst presentation in the history of high end products and then slapped an almost 1k price tag on it in the uk and Europe.

I've seen paragraph upon paragraph from you defending this thing and there's no actual real world evidence that the console is a great upgrade for the price.

It's scary to see people defend something this hard, that was so poorly unveiled.

onQ123

Ai reconstruction has it's limitations you know?

Nvidia calls their modes (for 4k image):

- quality (1440p)
- balance (~1200p)
- performance (1080p}

- ultra performance (720p)

UP mode is only for desperate people but Performance mode can still look very good (but not always). Here we see resolution less than 900p, how this will look on the screen when even reconstruction from much higher 1080p can have some issues using Dlss (the best known reconstruction tech)?
My point was that the new mode will sometimes have a lower base resolution than the old fidelity mode but the end results will always be better.

Parazels

If the the game runs at dynamic resolution, it can't have on PS5 PRO the same resolution as PS5.
There is something wrong in the rumor.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

It's sonys job to sell us this thing, they did a 9 minute video, slapped a God awful price tag on it and called it a day. Now we have SOME evidence of how this thing is performing, which in some cases seems to be devs slapping pisser on and calling it a day and you are saying people are being dissengenous for shitting on this box.

This is the problem with the pro. It's down to devs to out the work in over the end user tweaking settings like on a pc. There's a chance that many devs just think fuck it and switch Pisser on.

Basically, buy the thing if you want but don't hate on us that are being negative and shittinf on it when the company that are making it shit out the worst presentation in the history of high end products and then slapped an almost 1k price tag on it in the uk and Europe.

I've seen paragraph upon paragraph from you defending this thing and there's no actual real world evidence that the console is a great upgrade for the price.

It's scary to see people defend something this hard, that was so poorly unveiled.
If PS5 Pro was such great value and quality over a standard PS5, you wouldnt get probably 90% of gamers and YT dudes laughing and criticizing it. It was so one sided, you'd have to spend all afternoon finding articles and YT guys saying Pro is a great buy and worth every penny.

Many start it off laughing at the price because it's so high (made worse if buying disc drive and stand) they cant even do it with a straight face.

The starting price, missing features, and wild Euro price (+100 more than logical currency exchange rates like other regions got), and worst of all......... the video showed old games getting boosted and the videos they showed you could barely make out any improvements. I think the only thing that was clear cut better without getting magnifying glass was LOU side by side where one side was 30 and the other 60. No doubt, the 60 was much smoother. Other than that, good luck to all trying to pick out what looks better.

And even worse, in some of the side by sides, they some reason changed to a reduced window comparison making it even harder to notice anything. Why would you zoom out? You should be zooming in or have a nice normal full screen view.

I'd like anyone to pick out from the R&C side by side comparison why PS5 Pro side is better as claimed by Cerny in that 2 second clip.

Last edited:

bundylove

F4qocF3.jpeg

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
If PS5 Pro was such great value and quality over a standard PS5, you wouldnt get probably 90% of gamers and YT dudes laughing and criticizing it. It was so one sided, you'd have to spend all afternoon finding articles and YT guys saying Pro is a great buy and worth every penny.

The starting price, missing features, and wild Euro price (+100 more than logical currency exchange rates like other regions got), and worst of all......... the video showed old games getting boosted and the videos they showed you could barely make out any improvements. I think the only thing that was clear cut better without getting magnifying glass was LOU side by side where one side was 30 and the other 60. No doubt, the 60 was much smoother. Other than that, good luck to all trying to pick out what looks better.

And even worse, in some of the side by sides, they some reason changed to a reduced window comparison making it even harder to notice anything. Why would you zoom out? You should be zooming in or have a nice normal full screen view.

I'd like anyone to pick out from the R&C side by side comparison why PS5 Pro side is better as claimed by Cerny in that 2 second clip.

Exactly! And the discourse seems to be changing into attack those that say get a pc with almost infinite flexibility to run games how YOU want.

This thing feels like one of the biggest cons ever from a big company. Pure snake oil.

At least nvidia spend a good while showing graphs and talking technical bollix on where their new cards excel over the previous generation.

Sony couldn't even be bothered.

Last edited:

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Seriously though it's time to target 40fps in a 120hz container as the minimum frame rate target.
I apologize in advance for the strength of feeling here.

Fuck no, 40fps is practically 30fps - games that look bad at 30fps still look terrible at 40. Games that look look like you could put up with it at 30 if you really had to look better at 40.

But really 60fps should be the standard on everything on console now.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Yeah, I found that to be an absolutely bizarre decision.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Exactly! And the discourse seems to be changing into attack those that say get a pc with almost infinite flexibility to run games how YOU want.

This thing feels like one of the biggest cons ever from a big company. Pure snake oil.

At least nvidia spend a good while showing graphs and talking technical bollix on where their new cards excel over the previous generation.

Problem is also precendent.

Gaming consoles do go up in price over the decades (I'm not talking 3DO or Neo Geo), but the main guys Nintendo, Sony, MS slowly edge up the prices $100 here or there. But sometimes still hold true like PS4 and PS4 Pro, or PS5 digital and PS5 standard only being $50 more with drive and stand. Heck, PS5 digital launched at the same price as PS4 Pro.

Goosing up the price to $700. or European gamers 800 Euros by boosting it up another 100 bucks on top of conversion rate, and then decoupling drive and stand from a previous model to resell them back for more money is unprecedented in console pricing.

And to me, there's also a bigger boost going from PS4 to PS4 Pro, or One to One X, then there is going from PS5 to PS5 Pro.

Last edited:

bundylove

Many start it off laughing at the price because it's so high (made worse if buying disc drive and stand) they cant even do it with a straight face.

I saw the ign 4k video. I could easely tell the difference on my tv.

Vick

Gold Member
I'll never understand why this community had to lose people who no matter their preferences always brought alot to GAF like TheLastWord, or Bryank75, or many others..
and still have to host the likes of fucking DenchDeckard DenchDeckard ..

Confused Thinking GIF by MOODMAN

slapped a God awful price tag on it and called it a day.

no actual real world evidence that the console is a great upgrade for the price.

Deep down everyone knows it's an joke of a profuct for the price but people are coping and justifying it because they are fans of the company that makes it.

My cap for the cost of the 5090 is £1,899 maybe £1,999. I'll sell my 4090 if the 5090 kicks its ass.
"Can someone explain to me why the price is such a problem when it's literally only $100 more than the 2TB Xbox Series X?"

Does that Xbox have a disk drive?

Last edited:

Ronin_7

Great. Too bad nobody else did.
You can tell the difference, problem is Sony games already look amazing.

As for AW that is the resolution of base Ps5 at 60 so they probably added Ray Tracing & PSSR, it should look amazing.

You guys really need to calm down and stop posting shit from the shittiest app on Earth aka Twitter.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I'll never understand why this community had to lose people who no matter their preferences always brought alot to GAF like TheLastWord, or Bryank75, or many others..
and still have to host the likes of fucking DenchDeckard DenchDeckard ..

Confused Thinking GIF by MOODMAN

So because I don't line up with how you want this product to be discussed you want to attack me?

I am not communicating any differently than the concensus on the Internet. Maybe that's something you can't handle?

The fact that you compared me to the last word and Bryank says a lot about you.

Maybe you should join that era forums or whatever its called if you want to sit and circle jerk about Sony.

Why not put me on ignore?

Reading everything you've quoted for me and explain where I am wrong or out of line?

Last edited:

DinoD

high price combined with poor unveiling and the uncertainty over its performance = pre-order-----> wait and see.

hope few benchmarks/analysis's will come out before the 26th.

Vick

Gold Member
So because I don't line up with how you want this product to be discussed you want to attack me?

I am not communicating any differently than the concensus on the Internet. Maybe that's something you can't handle?
If You Say So Wow GIF by Identity

I gave you the benefit of the doubt three years ago, when many were already calling you out as basically a Microsoft employee. Many times.
But I've come to realize you might be the single most disingenuous poster on this site.

But by all means keep going, as I'd love to have as little problems as possibile Sep 26th when trying to order.

Oh but I didn't. Those were genuine posters, you are not.

TheLastWorld was one of the few who talked videogames, long paragraphs and smart and deconstructive analysis on decades of software across many platforms. Never a single low effort post, never. He brought alot to GAF in a time were there was basically only low tier trolling and warring.

Briank75, same, he was an hardcore PlayStation fan and there's nothing wrong with that. He used to criticize hard every move of the company he disagreed with. He didn't blindly accept everything like fanboys do.

You are not even close to neither of them. End OT.

Last edited:
I played Alan Wake 2 at 4K DLSS performance (1080p) + FG on top of that on my RTX4080S and I was getting 75-110fps (45-80fps without FG). This this game is extremely demanding with Path Tracing and maybe the PS5Pro version use it as well. It would explain low internal resolution.

4K DLSS performance + DLDSRx2.25 looked amazing on my 1440p monitor, much batter than 1440p native, or DLAA.

(PS5) 6700XT - 56fps
PS5pro (6800XT) - 83fps
PS5pro (4070) - 84fps
PS5pro (3080) - 88fps

Still think 45% more raster means nothing? Or you can see why this is an obvious case of a poorly implemented PS5pro patch.
Who told you that the PS5 is equivalent to the 13.2TF RX6700XT? The RX6600XT has 10.6TF and should be more comparable to the PS5 10.4TF. Not even the XSX is as fast as the 6700XT.

Last edited:

Ronin_7

Maybe you should join that era forums or whatever its called if you want to sit and circle jerk about Sony.

Why not put me on ignore?

Reading everything you've quoted for me and explain where I am wrong or out of line?
You're full of it, sir, but bringing Twitter trash here without any context—or even someone from Digital Foundry to back it up—is something else. Lmao.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly

I gave you the benefit of the doubt three years ago, when many were already calling you out as basically a Microsoft employee. Many times.
But I've come to realize you might be the single most disingenuous poster on this site.

But by all means keep going, as I'd love to have as little problems as possibile Sep 26th when trying to order.

Ok, I understand it now. You're emotionally invested in pre ordering this thing and don't want to read anything negative about it.

You are absolutely free to do whatever you want with your money. If you think it's worth it from what sony have showed you, more power to you.

You are going to have to put up with people with different opinions than you. That's all. I don't think it's worth the money and I feel sony have done an extremely poor job of unveiling the pro. I'm sorry that upsets you.

I think you're a great poster but I understand that you now feel like you have to attack me for having a different opinion to you. That's the world I guess.

I would advise maybe joining your friends last word etc because I imagine the site they went to are discussing this product more in line with what you want to read.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
You're full of it, sir, but bringing Twitter trash here without any context—or even someone from Digital Foundry to back it up—is something else. Lmao.

Full of what? Hoping sony would have done a better job at unveiling this and thinking it shouldn't cost what it does?

If you think this is a steal at the price then cool. But, saying I'm full of shit for asking more from this unveiling seems scary to me.

You just want to share the Mark Cerny memes and trust the multi billion dollar company that's clearly going through some struggles? Oh, no. There's no way they would dream of fleecing their userbase based on the poor decisions they've made. Let's attack anyone that goes against Mr Mark cerny.

More importantly, they've not even shown any games taking advantage of this thing. I mean new games. It's a games machine. They showed it with ps4 games......

Are we in reality here...?

Last edited:

skneogaf

If true then anyone that goes with nvidia wins the graphics war that consoles find themselves in.

RTX really did wonders both in name and ability.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly

Oh but I didn't. Those were genuine posters, you are not.

TheLastWorld was one of the few who talked videogames, long paragraphs and smart and deconstructive analysis on decades of software across many platforms. Never a single low effort post, never. He brought alot to GAF in a time were there was basically only low tier trolling and warring.

Briank75, same, he was an hardcore PlayStation fan and there's nothing wrong with that. He used to criticize hard every move of the company he disagreed with. He didn't blindly accept everything like fanboys do.

You are not even close to neither of them. End OT.

Thanks for the creative criticism
I will look to be a better poster.

For Video a uncompressed 720p source can produce a fantastic 4K image with AI upscaling
But for games is different because I assume it's because the AI upscaling works in the fly.
But you boot up a 360 or PS3 game that's native 720p on a 4k screen and it doesn't look that bad, which is weird.

The fuck a 720p game doesn't look bad on a 4k screen ...it sure as shit does no matter if its ps3 or ps4

Vick

Gold Member
Ok, I understand it now. You're emotionally invested in pre ordering this thing and don't want to read anything negative about it.

You are absolutely free to do whatever you want with your money. If you think it's worth it from what sony have showed you, more power to you.

You are going to have to put up with people with different opinions than you. That's all. I don't think it's worth the money and I feel sony have done an extremely poor job of unveiling the pro. I'm sorry that upsets you.

I think you're a great poster but I understand that you now feel like you have to attack me for having a different opinion to you. That's the world I guess.

I would advise maybe joining your friends last word etc because I imagine the site they went to are discussing this product more in line with what you want to read.
It's not that, really. But it ain't that important, and we're OT.

Thanks for the compliment, I really wish I could say the same.. and hope I someday will.

In the old days warriors would stick to their lane.
I think people shit on Destin too much.

Didn't he say GoW Ragnarok was a 10/10 and his GoTY? He sure as hell loved the game more than I did.
I remeber he posted a clip of him playing, and dude was a literal MONSTER at the game. Insane skills.

Last edited:

Ronin_7

Full of what? Hoping sony would have done a better job at unveiling this and thinking it shouldn't cost what it does?

If you think this is a steal at the price then cool. But, saying I'm full of shit for asking more from this unveiling seems scary to me.

You just want to share the Mark Cerny memes and trust the multi billion dollar company that's clearly going through some struggles? Oh, no. There's no way they would dream of fleecing their userbase based on the poor decisions they've made. Let's attack anyone that goes against Mr Mark cerny.

More importantly, they've not even shown any games taking advantage of this thing. I mean new games. It's a games machine. They showed it with ps4 games......

Are we in reality here...?
See you on November 7th.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
It's not that, really. But it ain't that important, and we're OT.

Thanks for the compliment, I really wish I could say the same.. and hope I someday will.

I think people shit on Destin too much.

Didn't he say GoW Ragnarok was a 10/10 and his GoTY? He sure as hell loved the game more than I did.
I remeber he posted a clip of him playing, and dude was a literal MONSTER at the game. Insane skills.

Thank you for at least stating that you hope you can say the same in the future.

New mission objective! Impress Vick Vick with quality posts about games.

I played Alan Wake 2 at 4K DLSS performance (1080p) + FG on top of that on my RTX4080S and I was getting 75-110fps (45-80fps without FG). This this game is extremely demanding with Path Tracing and maybe the PS5Pro version use it as well. It would explain low internal resolution.

BTW. 4K DLSS performance + DLDSRx2.25 looked amazing on my 1440p monitor, much batter than 1440p native, or DLAA.

Who told you that the PS5 is equivalent to the 13.2TF RX6700XT? The RX6600XT has 10.6TF and should be more comparable to the PS5. Not even the XSX should be as fast as the 6700XT (there is a 20% difference between the 6600XT and the 6700XT).
You shouldn't compare numbers like that because in real world scenarios it doesn't work out. For instance the Series X might have more flops but plenty of times the PS5 looks better or has more stable frame rates. A console has a lot of dedicated hardware and low level integrations that a PC simply lacks. That is why a PS5 even today with an increased price and 4 year old hardware is still a more economical choice than a PC that will be similar in performance.

The same will be true for the PS5 Pro. Especially with dedicated upscaling hardware. Sony will get better at developing the toolkit for this stuff like Nvidia did with DLSS or Intel with XeSS. It will probably benefit a console even more than a PC too.

StueyDuck

Umm do they put people under nda to sub to their patreon?

Feels weird a random dude on Twitter is the only source for this speculation and everyone Is taking it as gospel.

Cakeboxer

I would suggest you all wait until the release, but let us be honest: That won't change anything.

Some people will always act like every PS5 Pro game is a spot the difference puzzle compared to PS5.
hINgm0f.jpeg

And some people will always act like this.
CKlMKT2.jpeg

The truth lies in the middle. It will be the strongest console on the market and there will be bigger and smaller advantages. Buy it or don't buy it, but don't hate it.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives

Because it's extremely stupid to tell people to get a PC that DON'T WANT A PC!

Top Bottom