• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alan Wake 2 reportedly runs at 840p 60 FPs on the PS5 Pro; Remedy responds, no confirmation, more details coming

akira__

I'm not in any "camp". Those are tools of entertainment. I call things as I see them. I like consoles and always have. Not interested whatsoever in platforming warring and find it idiotic.
The point is not in which camp you would place yourself. But how your posts are perceived.

DF wouldn't dare to put themselves in any camp, but their actions speak louder then words.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
Nah, sorry it doesn't seem like that to me my friend.

The thing is you don't need to buy it, so it doesn't effect ps fans.

In my opinion what drives the hatred is that Xbox fanboys are worried that they can't claim the most powerful box narrative anymore and are jealous that they are not getting a pro model, and pc guys don't like the fact that a console is getting newer technology, which they have only had up to now.

I've said previously the criticism is coming from people who were never going to buy it regardless of price or features. It's all platform wars
These are actual quotes from PS players on Gaf.

With the entire industry having spectacularly failed at having justified the existence of these new consoles so far (since almost all, if not all, of their games could run on previous gen consoles almost as is, with only graphical cutbacks necessary), I ask myself what the point of a PS5 Pro is.

BEcause there is no need for it. It's just business

I never saw the need for a PS5 Pro, considering that this generation was barely used ps5 hardware, on the PS4 it made sense with 4k TVs becoming standard

PS5 Pro the most useless Console ever by a Developer interesting opinion

Spent a lot of times in the PS5 Pro pre-release threads and let me tell you, there was A LOT of negativity, even from the usual PlayStation crowd. These are tame posts too.

The point is not in which camp you would place yourself. But how your posts are perceived.
Don't care.

Darsxx82

There are many aspects left to know.

-Maybe they have replaced FS2 with PSSR which resolves IQ much better.

-Maybe PSSR has an important computational cost.

-Maybe the game implements some type of RT or better assets

The internal resolution today is just one more piece of information.

What people should remember is that the improvements and efforts in the patches for PS5Pro will vary depending on each Studio and game features. We have the history with XBO X/PS4Pro to already know how this thing works.

Last edited:
I can't imagine being angry at a product I wasn't interested in some of you are blind by rage that you aren't even thinking with some of these takes I can't wait to have way better image quality at higher framerates everything DF is analyzing looks pristine on my TV who gives a damn about resolution if it looks that good it shows how excellent PSSR is in its current state with tons of improvement ahead.

Dr.D00p

For people who say they buy consoles for their simple, plug & play nature, an awful lot of anxious, nervous energy seems to be expelled worrying about stuff that should only concern PC Gamers...:messenger_beaming:

Fahdis

Bad News What GIF

I told you guys. But of course the Blue Pidgeons wouldn't listen 😂.

gerth666

I can't imagine being angry at a product I wasn't interested in some of you are blind by rage that you aren't even thinking with some of these takes I can't wait to have way better image quality at higher framerates everything DF is analyzing looks pristine on my TV who gives a damn about resolution if it looks that good it shows how excellent PSSR is in its current state with tons of improvement ahead.
This is point I've been trying to make, if you have no interest in buying the machine why do you care? That's why I think it's simple platform wars.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Are people really expecting PSSR to surpass DLSS?
Not only has Nvidia been developing and improving DLSS for a longer time. But Nvidia is also the undisputed leader in AI, by a gigantic margin.

People were jumping down people's throats, mine included for saying that it probably won't be able to compete with dlss as nvidia has been doing this for over three generations of gpus

Seomel

Neo Member
This is what DF do. They gaslight and create FUD around anything Playstation. They'll find any loophole, any statement to spin, one game out of 1000, one scene out of 10000.

They were doing that for PS4, PS4 Pro, PS5 and now PS5 Pro. There is reason they were not invited by Sony this time. Because they are working for the competition. They are propaganda tool for a soulless trillionaire corporation.
Bro whatever that dude in op talked about, we dont even know if its true and whats context. DF all the time are excited about tech and how it worksz dont see how thats bad for us

akira__

Bro whatever that dude in op talked about, we dont even know if its true and whats context. DF all the time are excited about tech and how it worksz dont see how thats bad for us
DF stance on the pro console throughout this year has been very clear. They said there was no need, it wasn't what the market wants.(John) and the rants of Alex against the idea of the ps5 pro have been hilarious.

DF stance on the pro console throughout this year has been very clear. They said there was no need, it wasn't what the market wants.(John) and the rants of Alex against the idea of the ps5 pro have been hilarious.

But when MS made the One X in 2017, it was "A love letter to gamers"

Then after 2 years and a half MS replaced it with a weaker console, telling people it was next-gen:

DF: "Great idea!"

:messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

winjer

Gold Member
People were jumping down people's throats, mine included for saying that it probably won't be able to compete with dlss as nvidia has been doing this for over three generations of gpus

I saw that. I find it very naïve that some people think that PSSR will beat DLSS.

But still, if PSSR is as good as XeSS 1.3 with XMX path, that will be a very good result, for a debut.
And for console games, that most people play on a sofa, far from the TV, most people will not be able to tell much of a difference.
Only when DF, NXGamer, Ancient Gameplays and hardware Unboxed, make their comparisons, with zoomed in images and slowed down action, will most people be able to see the difference.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
But when MS made the One X in 2017, it was "A love letter to gamers"

Then after 2 years and a half MS replaced it with a weaker console, telling people it was next-gen:

DF: "Great idea!"

:messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:

The one x was a 6tf console at so almost 4 times more powerful than the og xbox one. 3 x the ps4 at like 400 pounds not 800 for 45 percent. It was a bargain for what it offered. Let's not forget 12gb of super fast memory.

Plus it's design was insane. It was tiny for the power.

Last edited:

akira__

He's been fairly neutral and objective in my experience, which is the most sensibile stand imo at this point. Positive mostly even at times
Is it neutral to tell people that you can build a ps5 pro level PC for around the same price?

Or that the ps5 pro is worse then nvidea cards that are yet to be unveiled and released?

We don't know how ps5 pro will run, so comparing it to current is a stretch, but to compare it with unannounced products and then to pronounce ps5 pro the loser of that comparison is certainly not objective.

And then to preorder ps5 pro too, makes it bizar.

Gaiff

Is it neutral to tell people that you can build a ps5 pro level PC for around the same price?
I never said that.
Or that the ps5 pro is worse then nvidea cards that are yet to be unveiled and released?
I said the Pro will be around the performance of the 8700 XT or 5060. Surely, there's no issue making predictions based on precedents and knowledge of the hardware market, is there?
we’ll have cards like the 5060/8700 XT for $300-400, which should land in ballpark of a PS5 Pro’s GPU

We don't know how ps5 pro will run, so comparing it to current is a stretch, but to compare it with unannounced products and then to pronounce ps5 pro the loser of that comparison is certainly not objective.
Didn't say PS5 Pro would be the loser. I said the 5060 and 8700 XT will be in its tier and that soon enough, you will be able to build a PC for about $800-850 that matches or perhaps exceeds the Pro. Once again, nothing wrong with that. I do not like the price of the Pro and have been vocal about that.
And then to preorder ps5 pro too, makes it bizar.
There's nothing bizarre. You're an annoying little fanboy and have been stalking my posts ever since I schooled you in that DF thread. For a fanboy, a neutral observer will appear as an enemy and that's exactly the case for you. You come into this thread about Alan Wake 2 and the PS5 Pro's resolution and start asking me questions like it has anything to do with the subject. Get that through your little head, I don't care what you think about me nor do I have to prove where I stand to the likes of you. You think I'm an Xbox or PC shill, I don't give a fuck lol. I know you're a console warrior, but you don't see me constantly hounding you to prove your allegiance because you're just another fanboy so whatever. Now pound this into your head and stop talking to me as if I owed you an explanation. I don't. Last reply I give you regarding this issue. You don't like it, go take a hike. Had enough of you.

Last edited:

Three

The one x was a 6tf console at so almost 4 times more powerful than the og xbox one. 3 x the ps4 at like 400 pounds not 800 for 45 percent. It was a bargain for what it offered. Let's not forget 12gb of super fast memory.

Plus it's design was insane. It was tiny for the power.
Stop with the bullshit DenchDeckard.

The One X was $500, £450. You're using teraflops to determine 4x more powerful than the OG xbox one (which was weak anyway) yet you use rasterisation for measuring the other jump? The Pro is a 33.5tf machine. That makes it 3x as powerful if you use the same metric.

Fahdis

Some people believe Cerny comes with an aura of absolute sincerity and some secret sauce since the PS4 era forgetting that the stoic polite voiced individual is another one of the snake oilsmen. This goes for every company including Microsoft, Nintendo, NVidia and AMD as well. THEY'RE NOT YOUR FRIENDS!

Three

The Pro is not a 33.5 TFLOP machine.
It's 16.75 TFLOPs with VOPD. So it will be no where near those theoretical 33.5 TFLOPs.
Even Sony only claims that the Pro is 45% faster than the bae PS5. Not 300% faster.
Screenshots from the technical document include a mention of 67 teraflops of 16-bit floating point calculations, which works out to around 33.5 teraflops of single-precision compute. That reportedly works out to a 45 percent rendering performance improvement over the PS5.
This is what I've been reading.

Last edited:

Seomel

Neo Member
It's not like 90 percent of the Internet isn't questioning this unveiling and the price.
you mean in actuality maybe 1% whos the loudest minority? Its always been like that. Truth is most gamers dont follow any of this
Surely, but someone saying unconfirmed stuff and people running with it to flame console wars has nothing to do with their opinions back then or now. Its gonna be premium niche product and its still gonna be included in upcoming game comparisons from them Time will tell if it was worth it or no.

JackMcGunns

I would've thought it would be the other way around.

Anyway they should do there tests when it's actually out, not from some video.

Not sure if I got the terminology right, what I mean, wouldn’t the CPU become the bottleneck when you lower the resolution? In CPU benchmarks the resolution is typically lowered (taking the GPU out of the picture) so that we can see how well the CPU manages.

winjer

Gold Member
I guess, something wrong with that? They source "Screenshots from the technical document" too, so maybe something I'm missing?

The Verge is an unreliable source for tech information.
This is just an example, of how bad that The Verge can be.

Try reading articles by people who know what they are talking about.

Last edited:

akira__

Surely, but someone saying unconfirmed stuff and people running with it to flame console wars has nothing to do with their opinions back then or now. Its gonna be premium niche product and its still gonna be included in upcoming game comparisons from them Time will tell if it was worth it or no.
Going by the reaction we got from such a lackluster reveal.

Xbox oriented people have been better able to market the console then playstation has.

Even ign xbox Destin has stated his intend to buying one.

John turn around has been remarkable from "no need" to this.

Last edited:

Gaiff

The fuck you mean? They have one of the PC building videos on the internet.

This guy taught me that the ESD bracelet doesn't need you to be grounded to work.

Last edited:

Three

Not sure if I got the terminology right, what I mean, wouldn’t the CPU become the bottleneck when you lower the resolution? In CPU benchmarks the resolution is typically lowered (taking the GPU out of the picture) so that we can see how well the CPU manages.
But at that point you're usually hitting very very high fps.
This is just an example, of how bad that The Verge can be.

What exactly are you showing and how does this dispute the use of theoretical number of teraflops? Those are always theoretical, no? That was the point.

Last edited:

Gaiff

winjer winjer I see you edited your post to link the supercut reaction to the video. My favorite is bitwit's Chinese cousin Kyle saying the guy isn't fighting ESD by not grounding himself with the bracelet, he's fighting for cancer lol.

Sigh, and another discussion about terfalops...

winjer

Gold Member
What exactly are you showing and how does this dispute the use of theoretical number of teraflops? Those are always theoretical, no? That was the point.

What part don't you understand about VOPD being extremely hard to be used. Even AMD stated they could only get a 4% improvement out it in games.
Just read the article from chipsandcheese, and you will understand that the 33.5TFLOP metric is very misleading and does not represent real world performance.
Even Sony only claimed a 67% wider GPU for the Pro, over the PS5. Not 300%.

Last edited:

Seomel

Neo Member
Going by the reaction we got from such a lackluster reveal.

Even ign xbox Destin has stated his intend to buying one.

John turn around has been remarkable from "no need" to this.

Destin is a weirdo, he always been biased for xbox from all ive seen over years, you can put him together with Jez Corden and Tom Warren for engagement farming.
Also John pointing out upgrade is what im expecting will be a lot of content from df come early november. To be fair, ff7 rebirth did look like a mess on ps5 performance mode, i played through all of it in that one. Theres room now to see rise of ronin running unlocked quality mode, wu kong improvements and more

Top Bottom