• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alan Wake 2 reportedly runs at 840p 60 FPs on the PS5 Pro; Remedy responds, no confirmation, more details coming

I KNEW they would hit framerate and resolution limitations on the PS5 Pro fairly early in it’s life because games are becoming more demanding as time goes on, but I didn’t expect constraints so quickly if this is legitimate. IMO, this is inexcusable when you are asking such an exorbitant amount for an upgrade.

sachos

Found this video running AW2 with a 3070 Ti to check what to expect from the Pro patch. Its running a 13700K though so i dont know how much influence could the CPU in the Pro have here.

It can play it 4K Performance Low Settings at 60FPS

It could also do 4K Performance High Settings at 30FPS

Here are the PS5 Settings for reference

It seems they should be able to run the game at a higher input/output resolution than what is currelenty running in the trailer (if they keep the original quality settings the same).

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Just came by this post

Thread 'Digital Foundry to stop counting Pixels in 2022.' https://www.neogaf.com/threads/digital-foundry-to-stop-counting-pixels-in-2022.1627523/
8519d6d8-fe8f-4516-8962-5bd9388b2ba1_text.gif

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Going by the footage on DF, which was a few seconds, lol!

It just looks a little soft on the resolution side, but knowing remedy I bet they are pumping some extra effects into those pixels.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Found this video running AW2 with a 3070 Ti to check what to expect from the Pro patch. Its running a 13700K though so i dont know how much influence could the CPU in the Pro have here.

It can play it 4K Performance Low Settings at 60FPS

It could also do 4K Performance High Settings at 30FPS

Here are the PS5 Settings for reference

It seems they should be able to run the game at a higher input/output resolution than what is currelenty running in the trailer (if they keep the original quality settings the same).

Looks like they are lowering the resolution, to have higher settings at 60fps to me. Good trade off, in theory. We'll still need to see the end product.

boris1979

Neo Member
PSSR doesn't cost 45% extra rasterization. Again, if the graphical settings are exactly the same it makes no sense why this can't be 1080p 60fps internal upscaled to 1440p/4K. Upscaling from a higher internal res will always look better.

PSSR is simply the bare minimum we should expect, ideally Devs should also take advantage of the overall better GPU and Ram setup as well.
On pro final output res will be 1700p min against 1440 p on ps5 so it has more cost. At 30 fps native and output res is the same so ray tracing will be added.

boris1979

Neo Member
So there's something wrong.
It's the same resolution of the PS5 performance mode which makes no sense if they're utilizing the system given the much more powerful GPU.
It would mean at this point their patch is a barebone PSRR support thrown in or there's something wrong with the analysis.
In either case it seems it's something Remedy should comment on.
You dont understand that upsampling has price. Output res will be 1700p min against 1440p on ps5. At 30 fps native and output same so effects like ray-tracing will be added.

Top Bottom