• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Summer Sale July 1 | Not steamy but very hot (non-US buyers: read OP)

mosesjohn

Neo Member
So i live in texas and my girlfriends from missouri, and we both use my amazon account when we are at school. Since Texas is lame, they fucked amazon, and now amazon is charging taxes in the lone star state. When I bought my last game from amazon, even though I used amazon credit, I got charged taxes on a digital product. This is because my 1-click defaults to my card and address in texas. Well I changed it to her card and address in missouri, and now I dont get charged taxes! Its no bid deal to her since I'm paying with the amazon credit I purchased tax-free! YAYAYAY for being super cheap and avoiding the forty cent tax on a five dollar product!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mosesjohn

Neo Member
also, tony, dungeon defenders is 5.09 right now because of a price match with steam, but is there any chance amazon will go lower in the future?

Should I edit that out of the OP as well? Been trying to keep up and deleting deasl as they expire lol.

Sadly it never expired, it never got going. :( It's at the sale price, it's just stuck on unavailable if you go to buy it though.

Edit: Hopefully Amazon puts it on sale again soon since it was all messed up this time.

alf717

That's weird; I have a ghetto ass 2008 Macbook Pro with an 8600 and I played SCD at 60fps steady. I don't know what to say. A background process interrupting, maybe?

Could be the fact that the game is likely running in an emulator and intel processors are hands down better for that sort of thing.

Well it looks like I got it fixed.

My Windows 7 power settings were set to "power saver" so I guess my CPU wasn't running at its best. Changed it to "balanced" and the special stage run at 60 FPS. After playing this on 360 and my 7" tab I was about to be very upset if my PC couldn't handle the game. =D

Tony, hear anything back in these last couple of days about Sniper Elite V2?

Yes, I heard back this morning and we're going back and forth on what the best price point to bring to you guys and for how long to run it.

Stay tuned, I should have some sort of answer tomorrow.

also, tony, dungeon defenders is 5.09 right now because of a price match with steam, but is there any chance amazon will go lower in the future?

Working on this now, no confirmation though.

Cheers,
Tony

Tess3ract

Banned
Yes, I heard back this morning and we're going back and forth on what the best price point to bring to you guys and for how long to run it.

Stay tuned, I should have some sort of answer tomorrow.

Working on this now, no confirmation though.

Cheers,
Tony
Could you give us some sort of hint at a likely price point?

To be honest if it's not $25 or lower I'm gonna have to pass, as badly as I want it. Kind of cherry picking my purchases for a bit until I get some more cash.

Could you give us some sort of hint at a likely price point?

To be honest if it's not $25 or lower I'm gonna have to pass, as badly as I want it. Kind of cherry picking my purchases for a bit until I get some more cash.

I'm hesitant to tell you what I suggested as I don't have confirmation from them yet, I can tell you that it is less than $25 though. I have 0 clue if they are going to be cool with that though as I've never worked with them before.

Stay tuned.

Too early to expect a sale on Quantum Conundrum?

I'm pushing for it but haven't heard back.

awesome... also on the 2k mega pack, it says in the op that all the games are now steam-able, is this true? after the 14th, will we ever see this pack again?

The 2K mega pack that has Bioshock and Bioshock 2 listed as "Online Game Codes" has steam keys for everything except CivCity Rome and you likely won't see it again for a while (we haven't run it since December/January).

Cheers,
Tony

mosesjohn

Neo Member
The 2K mega pack that has Bioshock and Bioshock 2 listed as "Online Game Codes" has steam keys for everything except CivCity Rome and you likely won't see it again for a while (we haven't run it since December/January).

Cheers,
Tony

alrighty... the only game i really want if borderlands goty and maybe civ 5, but as a bundle its worth so much more. i can use the individual keys for some awesome trading. its such an awesome value!

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Also, is Mafia 2 by itself on sale or is its 11 dollar price point its normal price?

That is a discounted price (60% off), but it's been even less (75% off) on numerous occasions. Expect a $7.50 Steam sale. Amazon should offer the same deal at some point soon, it's where I bought my Mafia 2 key.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Today I finally decided to buy the 2K shooter pack (I've been too busy with Max Payne 3, but then I though I couldn't miss the chance to get the four games for $20), but after some googling I read about the Bioshocks having SecuROM, and Bioshock 2 also needing GFWL (and so, multiple problems happened when trying to play it, specially when redeemed in Steam, which I'm planning on doing). Could anybody that has played it please tell me how bad it really is? I don't want to pass on this pack just for some crappy DRM, but if I won't be able to even play some of the games included, I may not have another option.

Today I finally decided to buy the 2K shooter pack (I've been too busy with Max Payne 3, but then I though I couldn't miss the chance to get the four games for $20), but after some googling I read about the Bioshocks having SecuROM, and Bioshock 2 also needing GFWL (and so, multiple problems happened when trying to play it, specially when redeemed in Steam, which I'm planning on doing). Could anybody that has played it please tell me how bad it really is? I don't want to pass on this pack just for some crappy DRM, but if I won't be able to even play some of the games included, I may not have another option.

I played Bioshock for about 4 hours this weekend and experienced no issues with the download or gameplay.

I also play League of Legends like it is my job and I noticed 0 slowdown so I don't think anything was affecting my system.

Cheers,
Tony

Game Guru

Should Steam fail me as far as having Sega Genesis Classics Collection for less than $9 during their Steam sale, I may just pick up Irem Arcade Hits. 18 arcade games for $6 is a steal, even if they aren't exactly the most famous like Namco, Midway, or Capcom.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I definitely need the Sega Classics Pack 5. Thanks for reminding me. I'm sure they will go cheap during the sale.

Lain

I wanted to ask if Alpha Protocol would/could be a future deal, but then saw that it's not available on Amazon as DD. I'll have to hope on a Steam Sale, right?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I wanted to ask if Alpha Protocol would/could be a future deal, but then saw that it's not available on Amazon as DD. I'll have to hope on a Steam Sale, right?

It's been as low as $2 in a Steam sale, I would expect it discounted at least 75% off/$5 when it gets a daily deal.

edit - lol, suck it Stallion Free.

RetroGreg

Should Steam fail me as far as having Sega Genesis Classics Collection for less than $9 during their Steam sale, I may just pick up Irem Arcade Hits. 18 arcade games for $6 is a steal, even if they aren't exactly the most famous like Namco, Midway, or Capcom.

If you do pick up the Irem pack please report back on the quality of the emulation. Thanks.

LuffyZoro

120610-300x225.gif

Top Bottom