• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT4| I/O Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go into your bluetooth settings and remove it.

There isnt a remove option that I can see. If I pair I can 'unpair' but then it asks again anyway.

edit:

Mint Speaker is the one thats annoying as fuck.

0M0clsa.png

I get this popup ALL THE TIME if my bluetooth is on:

I just got my free S5 from work and when I'm on dark GAF I got these weird purple lines when I'm scrolling past people's names in threads. Is this typical with amoled screens?

Doubters, start thinking of your excuses for later down the road. The small iPhone crowd has come up with a few good reasons why big phones are now somehow acceptable. I somewhat agree with the hesitation, though. Wear is a good idea that's seemingly poorly executed. Just wait for Apple to do it proper.

so wait until 5 years after Samsung did it like phones that aren't tiny? 2019 it is!

i hope Apple copies S Beam and beats AOSP to the punch.

So 4.4.2 for Verizon GS4 is total shit. Makes things either not work overall or things are just weird.

Refuses to send messages sometimes on 3G, and does it randomly. The only way to fix it is to put it in airplane mode and back.

Because of the 4.4.2 update, the texts that I receive while the phone is connected to my car's Bluetooth will not show up on the LCD screen in the car (so I can hear it). But it can make calls. 4.4.2 deleted/removed the MAP profile that would allow this to happen.

Poweramp through the Bluetooth (the information) is kinda messed up. Plus, Poweramp freaks out at the lockscreen if you locked the phone with a keyboard still up beforehand.

Random jumps in power loss. On 4.3 I could play a Jewel game of sorts and it would go from like 85% to about 81%, no big deal. On 4.4.2, it would go from 85% to about 76% or 77%.

Feels like the phone gets hotter than it should be now.

Dunno... just feels like a clusterfuck of an update, and apparently, the thing with texts in the car isn't limited to my car or my phone at either versions 4.4.2 or 4.4.4.

So can't wait for the new Moto X, hopefully releasing with L with this shit fixed.

Quasar

The cost of these watches is not the price tag, it is having to wear it and having to charge it.

If they gave these out for free, most people would still not use them.

Yeah. I still don't get the whole smart watches thing. But then I've never really worn a watch (and I'm old enough to be a watch wearer) and I don't constantly check my phone for notifications.

And the whole recharging thing would be a dealbreaker for me if there was a real use case for me to have one.

As for Apple supposedly doing it better...the impression I get is that its a smart fitness band mainly, yet another use case I have no interest in personally.

DarkFlow

Banned
I just got my free S5 from work and when I'm on dark GAF I got these weird purple lines when I'm scrolling past people's names in threads. Is this typical with amoled screens?
Check my earlier post, it's a AMOLED issue. Turn up your brightness, or get screen adjuster from the app store and set contrast to - 10.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
There isnt a remove option that I can see. If I pair I can 'unpair' but then it asks again anyway.

edit:

Seems like the speaker is very eager to be paired with your phone! So I think you need to reset the speaker's pairing. Probably a button for that somewhere on it.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Guesses for iPhone from Gruber that I believe.

4.7-inch display: 1334 × 750, 326 PPI @2x
5.5-inch display: 2208 × 1242, 461 PPI @3x

Looking forward to the new 5.5" software on new iPhone. Developers ignored Note so there's lots of potential for cool new things.

Quasar

Looking forward to the new 5.5" software on new iPhone. Developers ignored Note so there's lots of potential for cool new things.

You know thats probably the most interesting thing to me in all this. How Apple handles/deals with the resolution issue. Jobs Apple really tried to avoid a multitude of resolutions/screen ratios.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

At that 5.5" size I'd be tempted to try and blend it into the iPad sizes - maybe 2048 along the long side but maintaining the iPhone aspect ratio?

Interesting PPI for the 4.7 inch version. It's only a shade better than the Nexus 4, a nearly 2 year old phone. At that size there's a noticeable difference in screen quality between a 1080p and a 720p screen when side by side. I remember the first time I saw the 1080p screen on the HTC One. Absolutely blew my N4 away. A lot of that was the PPI (though not all).

Talon

Interesting PPI for the 4.7 inch version. It's only a shade better than the Nexus 4, a nearly 2 year old phone. At that size there's a noticeable difference in screen quality between a 1080p and a 720p screen when side by side. I remember the first time I saw the 1080p screen on the HTC One. Absolutely blew my N4 away. A lot of that was the PPI (though not all).
HIs reasoning is actually for point size as opposed to pixel size, and it's pretty sound logic.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
HIs reasoning is actually for point size as opposed to pixel size, and it's pretty sound logic.
Yeah, it's the correct approach. Pixel size is useless, especially with these many pixels.

jesalr

edit:

The speaker remembers your device as the last thing it was paired with. Try pairing it with something else? That or turn it off?

Bboy AJ

I bet they'll do this new Apple wearable like all of its previous new devices. Announce it but not ship for a few months. Give developers a chance to work on new things. Plus it'll help supply chain leaks.

I bet they'll do this new Apple wearable like all of its previous new devices. Announce it but not ship for a few months. Give developers a chance to work on new things. Plus it'll help supply chain leaks.

That's what's everyone is already saying. It's the only reason why it hasn't leaked yet. And I hope it looks a lot better than the new iPhone. It really looks like crap.

Pachimari

I currently really want a LG G Watch R but is currently thinking through what uses it'll have (not to criticize it).

Can it monitor my heart rate? Steps? And will it work, so that when it is close to my LG G3, it will not require a password?

I currently really want a LG G Watch R but is currently thinking through what uses it'll have (not to criticize it).

Can it monitor my heart rate? Steps? And will it work, so that when it is close to my LG G3, it will not require a password?

You do realize this isn't out yet and no one has even seen one in real life yet right?

Seems like the speaker is very eager to be paired with your phone! So I think you need to reset the speaker's pairing. Probably a button for that somewhere on it.

The speaker remembers your device as the last thing it was paired with. Try pairing it with something else? That or turn it off?

Its not my speaker, haha.

I live in an apartment, and someone nearby has it. I wasnt paying attention and thought it was my headset when I tried to pair it.

So hopefully it will go away when these people who own it actually use it? haha. Or I can just start playing spooky music on their stereo.

Bboy AJ

How would anyone know

DarkFlow

Banned
MS makes an order of magnitude more money from Android than they do from Windows Phone. Nadella really should kill WP and focus on Android patent trolling full time, it makes them billions every year.
That gravy train might be about to dry up.

http://www.zdnet.com/microsofts-android-patents-will-face-challenges-7000030698/

Most of there patents have now been looked at since they were hiding them before. Most are pretty useless and won't hold up if challenged and Samsung is first up.

http://www.zdnet.com/bad-microsoft-android-patents-may-lie-behind-samsung-lawsuit-7000032400/

Can someone explain what I'm doing wrong on my S5: when I backspace on part of a word, the fucking autocorrect treats what I type as a new word, e.g. I was trying to type "headquarters", backspaced to the first letter, and when I started typing "eadquarters" it tries to correct that to a new word. What the fuck??? The "h" is still at the beginning; how does it not recognize that? Also, my shit will sometimes start capitalizing every word for apparently no reason.

Groof

Can someone explain what I'm doing wrong on my S5: when I backspace on part of a word, the fucking autocorrect treats what I type as a new word, e.g. I was trying to type "headquarters", backspaced to the first letter, and when I started typing "eadquarters" it tries to correct that to a new word. What the fuck??? The "h" is still at the beginning; how does it not recognize that? Also, my shit will sometimes start capitalizing every word for apparently no reason.
What you're doing wrong is using the stock Samsung keyboard. Try something like Fleksy, SwiftKey or the Google keyboard.

DarkFlow

Banned
Google needs to hurry up with Android L. I really don't want to wait until November or later.

Meh, I just put it on my Nexus 7 yesterday, and some of the apps I use are still dicked up. Netflix still won't chromecast, it just crashes, Marvel Unlimited also crashes when it tries to open a comic. Google really needs to get on these App devs to update there apps so they won't run like shit on L.

Marco1

If you're rooted, you can use Xposed GEL settings to get a lot of the functionality of 3rd party launchers.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...+module&pcampaignid=APPU_PUoDVLLKN8a8ggTRvoAI

Thanks for the advice, I just followed everything on how to root and my laptop USB ports are faulty. I just remembered that I accidentally spilled coffee on them a few months ago and they have not worked properly since.
I am now on a mission to root my device. Absolutely loving the Nexus5 and already looking forward to the N6 soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom