• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT4| I/O Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.
hESsZ10.jpg

Looks great. No way Apple can top this.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Yeah, that watch strap looks awful. Gaudy as hell. The face itself is alright looking though. Shame it doesn't run Android, isn't that going to hurt it in the long run?

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone know what Google Voice Dialer is and why it would keep randomly opening when the I'm using headphones?

I obviously googled it and most of the suggestions are telling me to disable the app but I don't have anything on my phone called voice dialer. Is it part of something else I can disable?

AndyD

aka andydumi
Does anyone know what Google Voice Dialer is and why it would keep randomly opening when the I'm using headphones?

I obviously googled it and most of the suggestions are telling me to disable the app but I don't have anything on my phone called voice dialer. Is it part of something else I can disable?

You can check your Google Voice settings and make sure it is set to never be used for any numbers.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Both the regular and compact versions of the Sony Z3 look nice. To bad Sony gives no shit about NA though and we might get something 6 months later.

Sony needs a day 1 NA release badly. It could seriously help them in the long run. Especially if they can put it on all 4 major carriers in the USA and all the major ones in Canada.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Sony needs a day 1 NA release badly. It could seriously help them in the long run. Especially if they can put it on all 4 major carriers in the USA and all the major ones in Canada.
Would you buy it?

HouseOfBalloons

Neo Member
New Chinese Phone

Android Police

nexus2cee_57_thumb1.jpg

Honestly not bad for roughly $300 US. 1080p, Sharp LCD + 8 core MediaTech + 4 core PowerVR + 20 MP Sony Camera.

Everything looked really good until I read MediaTek. They're releasing a beefed up device with a trash processor. Not to mention that they close source everything. I realize this means nothing to the average consumer, but to people like you and I, they're really cheaping out on the processor to keep the price point low.

Drifters

except, according to the story, it doesn't have a touchpad (just a keyboard), doesn't establish a direct connection to the tablet (uses BT and has its own 450mAh battery), charges separately via its own charge port, and just plain doesn't work like a Surface keyboard.

and how does this thing even work? do you have to remove the case and spin/flip the tablet then reattach the case to reorient it to have the keyboard showing?

How does the Note 4 work? Magic my friend. How will this work? F'ning Magic.

So Android GAF, I have some pictures that I edited with Photo app (Google?) When I went to send it via message, it turn the pictures into a pixilated mess. Any of you know what I am doing wrong?

NotBacon

Just the phone MMS app. I am on Oneplus with the Kit-kat update but this was the first time I used the editor. Pictures that were not manipulate seem fine when send.

Maybe they're getting compressed after editing? I dunno sorry man, try a different editor? There are many

Reading some more of the articles on companies interested in buying Cyanogenmod, and it's crazy how much some of these bloggers, journalists, etc. don't know about Android still, and the amount of misinformation I'm seeing.

That aside, do you guys think they will sell to one of these big companies? Currently consumer CM (what's shipping on phones like the 1+) is Google certified or whatever. I know Android itself is free, but does Google get paid for their apps and services? I can't imagine any competitor wanting to be associated with Google.

I also can't see a competitor leaving CM looking as is. CM, like the vast majority of custom ROMs, keep the stock Android look and feel that Google pushes. I can't imagine a hypothetical, CM acquiring competitor would want to leave it looking and feeling the same as the Android Google sells. Even if you leave out all the Google stuff and fork Android, you'd have to drastically change its aesthetics if you didn't want people to associate it with Android (Kindle Fires, Nokia X).

So if MS, Amazon or some other company buys CM, what do you guys think will happen?

Vanillalite

Everything looked really good until I read MediaTek. They're releasing a beefed up device with a trash processor. Not to mention that they close source everything. I realize this means nothing to the average consumer, but to people like you and I, they're really cheaping out on the processor to keep the price point low.

Closed source sucks, but the proc doesn't. Read up on the actual benchmarks vs just glossing over the media tech name.

Sky Chief

I couldn't help myself, got a Oneplus One invite today and splurged for a 64GB. So excited! Will be keeping my N5 as well though. Who am I kidding, I will be buying an N6 when it launches too. I think I have a problem...

Vanillalite

I would just get the N5 over this.. or a used S4, and I don't think I've ever recommended the N5 over anything that came out after it.

Camera on this would shit all over the N5 camera to hell and back. That's the key differentatior for a phone in this price bracket.

You're paying only $300 and still getting that 20MP Sony sensor.

It's what gives me hope for the new Nexus phone to not have to skimp camera wise.

Dead

well not really...yet
Managed to track down a Shield Tablet...and it has a dead pixel -_-

I feel like I'm fucking cursed when it comes to buying electronics...or maybe my standards are too high? It's fucking aggravating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom