• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT4| I/O Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moto now needs to come along and save us all with an affordable Moto X tomorrow :). Is it true, or only a rumor, that MotoMaker would be an AT&T timed exclusive again?

Mindwipe

BwncPWaCEAAXmQo.jpg:large

OnePlus quick to the marketing.

I shit on Samsung a lot, but you really can't gloss over the S-pen. I wish stock Android had good pen support.

spwolf

Move over G Watch, G Watch R, Moto 360, Smartwatch 2, Galaxy Gear, Galaxy Gear 2, Galaxy Gear 2 Neo, Galaxy Gear S, Galaxy Gear Fit.

Here's the new contender for the best smartwatch.

Asus ZenWatch!

4kcS1Lm.jpg

Boom!

Honestly, best watch for me... bar any issues, might be getting this.
First of all - it is Android Wear, unlike Samsung Gear S which is Tizen... it means you will get ton of apps for the lifetime of the device. I would not even consider getting anything but.

Hardware is cool too and it has nice battery - 600mAh battery - biggest so far.

As for specs, you are looking at a 1.63-inch AMOLED display (320×320) with curved Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection, 1.2GHz Snapdragon 400 processor, 512MB RAM, 4GB storage, 1.4Wh battery, IP55 water resistance, Bluetooth 4.0, and Android Wear. The device comes with a brown leather strap that accents the silver and rose gold layering of the main body.

asus_zenwatch2-100411782-large.jpg

It looks premium and it will be only $200 with this hardware... it kills everything else, easily.

Fox318

First of all - it is Android Wear, unlike Samsung Gear S which is Tizen... it means you will get ton of apps for the lifetime of the device. I would not even consider getting anything but.

It looks premium and it will be only $200 with this hardware... it kills everything else, easily.

I don't think so.

spwolf

Moto360 looks a notch nicer to be honest.

real life pics dont look that much nicer, if any IMHO. ZenWatch has curved AMOLED display, I bet it looks really nice... it is all either metal or glass.

We will see what specs 360 has, do we know? TI processor is a big unknown IMHO.... Snapdragon 400 is great, and ZenWatch also has 50% larger battery than LG G watch.

It is $200 and comes with leather strap and charging cradle standard.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
real life pics dont look that much nicer, if any IMHO. ZenWatch has curved AMOLED display, I bet it looks really nice... it is all either metal or glass.

We will see what specs 360 has, do we know? TI processor is a big unknown IMHO.... Snapdragon 400 is great, and ZenWatch also has 50% larger battery than LG G watch.

It is $200 and comes with leather strap and charging cradle standard.
The ZenWatch seems to have a curved glass though, not a curved screen.

Slayven

1+1 can come back to me when I don't have to play a mini game in a popup window or post NSFW photos of myself for just the chance to get an invite to buy their product under its current manufactured fake scarcity model.

It's funny because ti is true. They cropped the line where it says mere humans can buy the note.

Jzero

Shits ugly

SimleuqiR

If you like to live dangerously (i.e., without a smartphone cover or insurance), breaking your handset’s screen can sometimes be a terrible disaster. Getting a low-cost replacement can prove challenging depending on the company and carrier, but Google’s apparently sympathetic to the travails of careless owners. According to reports, Nexus 5 owners are now eligible to receive one replacement free of charge, should their device accrue damage of any kind.

http://www.droid-life.com/2014/09/0...-free-replacement-if-you-damage-your-nexus-5/

Good Guy Google.

Sprint (NYSE: S) will be the only wireless carrier to offer the U.S. variant of Samsung Galaxy Note® 4 and Samsung Galaxy Note® Edge paired with the high-speed network capability of Sprint Spark™ and Samsung Gear™ VR.
Sprint will be the only carrier to sell the version of the phones that work on the Sprint network! holy shit i need a job in PR.

DarkFlow

Banned

p7FRuZF.jpg

Welcome back 80's.

3phemeral

Need help concerning a blacklisted IMEI:

Last December, bought a Note II as a gift from Swappa that had everything checked out, including IMEI. Now, they're telling me their phone has been blacklisted because the original owner did not pay off the phone. T-Mobile also says that it will be never be unlocked unless the original owner pays up, otherwise I should ask for a refund. I've already contacted Swappa and they're waiting for the seller to reply. Paypal also does not file claims for purchases older than 45 days (it's been 9 months now). I still e-mailed them and am waiting for a reply.

So, other than getting the owner to pay for the phone (which I highly doubt), is there any way this can be rectified?

To anyone who has a damaged Nexus 5 I highly recommend calling Google and asking about a replacement. Apparently they are trying to get rid of their stock and are replacing phones for free. I was skeptical, but I called and behold they are sending me a replacement!

DarkFlow

Banned
Need help concerning a blacklisted IMEI:

Last December, bought a Note II as a gift from Swappa that had everything checked out, including IMEI. Now, they're telling me their phone has been blacklisted because the original owner did not pay off the phone. T-Mobile also says that it will be never be unlocked unless the original owner pays up, otherwise I should ask for a refund. I've already contacted Swappa and they're waiting for the seller to reply. Paypal also does not file claims for purchases older than 45 days (it's been 9 months now). I still e-mailed them and am waiting for a reply.

So, other than getting the owner to pay for the phone (which I highly doubt), is there any way this can be rectified?

Once it's blacklisted, there's nothing you can do.

3phemeral

Once it's blacklisted, there's nothing you can do.
Other than getting the seller to pay it off, right? Which is not going to happen, I'm sure.

Ugh.

I just spoke with my bank and the representative tried to help out in that "I'm not sure if I'm allowed to tell you this" way by saying, "There are ways, if you Google it, that you can unlock a blacklisted phone by flashing the device." But I imagine he's referring to something illegal.

Fox318

Wait what? This is a thing? Does it work on any phone that has nfc?
Many phones have stickers/pieces that can add qi charging but on the g3 the back comes with only off capability (in the us) I got the sticker instead of paying $70+ for a New cover.

Fox318

Shit man where did you get this and how much?
There are people selling it on the dad forums for $10 .but I just got mine from Amazon for $20 with prime shipping. There are qi battery things for most phones on Amazon.

I use my phone as a GPS and unless there is a mount that works well with the quick view case this was my only option for my g3.

There are people selling it on the dad forums for $10 .but I just got mine from Amazon for $20 with prime shipping. There are qi battery things for most phones on Amazon.

I use my phone as a GPS and unless there is a mount that works well with the quick view case this was my only option for my g3.

Care to link me to the one you bought?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom