• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT4| I/O Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Furyous

Am i crazy for thinking the new Moto G could steal the show? Imagine the 2016 spec list for the G3. It should be early 2015 flagship at the rate things are going.

Call me a dreamer but hopefully LG switches things up and something we don't know about at IFA. I'd throw money at my screen if they announced either a version of the G3 with the 805 or a version SAMOLED version of the G3. I'm not a fan of the Beat and LOFL at the Stylus so hopefully they show something else.

I've got small hands and can't deal with the Note 4. I've used a Note 2 and that screen size is too much for me. I was hoping for a Note 4 that's 5.2 inches with 78 percent screen. The Note Edge is cool but I'd struggle to handle it. There's too much going on with navigating the device on my end. I'm sure it's a great phone but it's too big for me. Anything above 5.25 inches is too much for me unless the device is ridiculously cheap (the 1+) or has an unusual design (the G3 with 76.4 percent screen).

Is there a website that shows what percent of a device is all screen? Having small hands is is bad when it comes to smartphone buying. You'll see a phone that looks good then realize you can't handle it.

The Z3 compact looks cool but then I looked at the spec sheet. FOH with a Snapdragon 400. I'm overly conscious of bezels now and this phone scares me. Now that my snobby elitist designerd response is out the way, I'll admit that the device is cool. It's about fucking time Sony leveraged Playstation properly. I love the PPI in the Z3.

reKon

Banned
Am i crazy for thinking the new Moto G could steal the show? Imagine the 2016 spec list for the G3. It should be early 2015 flagship at the rate things are going.

Call me a dreamer but hopefully LG switches things up and something we don't know about at IFA. I'd throw money at my screen if they announced either a version of the G3 with the 805 or a version SAMOLED version of the G3. I'm not a fan of the Beat and LOFL at the Stylus so hopefully they show something else.

I've got small hands and can't deal with the Note 4. I've used a Note 2 and that screen size is too much for me. I was hoping for a Note 4 that's 5.2 inches with 78 percent screen. The Note Edge is cool but I'd struggle to handle it. There's too much going on with navigating the device on my end. I'm sure it's a great phone but it's too big for me. Anything above 5.25 inches is too much for me unless the device is ridiculously cheap (the 1+) or has an unusual design (the G3 with 76.4 percent screen).

Is there a website that shows what percent of a device is all screen? Having small hands is is bad when it comes to smartphone buying. You'll see a phone that looks good then realize you can't handle it.

The Z3 compact looks cool but then I looked at the spec sheet. FOH with a Snapdragon 400. I'm overly conscious of bezels now and this phone scares me. Now that my snobby elitist designerd response is out the way, I'll admit that the device is cool. It's about fucking time Sony leveraged Playstation properly. I love the PPI in the Z3.

You're all over the place in the post bro. You need get your product names right because it's pretty confusing right now.

Fox318

I used to use this to check phone sizes:

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/size

Seriously? They don't even pretend to be unbiased anymore. What are some good tech sites these days?

Agreed. Any multiplatform tech anything sites out there like the verge and techcrunch? Those two are so apple biased I cannot take it anymore. I like the android police but want general tech/multiplatform as well.

iavi

Am I crazy or do all the apps that've gotten the material design overhaul run smoother even on 4.4.4?

This new Chrome is butter

Blablurn

ibadgG0AEANkMM.gif

Edit:

I just finished the video. What an arrogant bunch of people. Holy shit

I don't get why you guys are giving them so much shit. "Whatever" is the only reasonable reaction to any new tablet at this point. It's a total non-event.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
No, he was an Apple worshiper, but he did at least run a tight ship. The Verge is a joke now though.
He uses a Nexus. Or used, not sure now.
the more i see, the more i think about it.

one could say that i'm on the edge...
Finally you see the light. Why anyone would get a Note over an Edge, except for price reasons, is beyond me. The Edge looks cool.

Hasney

Finally you see the light. Why anyone would get a Note over an Edge, except for price reasons, is beyond me. The Edge looks cool.

Keep reading impressions and things, but even if I had all the money and desire to get another Samsung phone, I see no reason to get the Edge of the standard Note. Maybe it will all reveal itself when it's out, but right now, it doesn't seem practical and it's a little ugly. I'd probably like it more if it went over both sides in terms of looks.

Cheebo

Banned
He uses a Nexus. Or used, not sure now.

The Note has a bit better specs and a bit larger screen you know.

Note 4 Battery: 3,220 mAh battery
Note Edge Battery: Li-Ion 3,000 mAh battery

Note 4 CPU: Quad-core 2.7 GHz Krait 450 (SM-N910S)
Note Edge CPU: Quad-core 2.5 GHz Krait 450 (Snapdragon)

Note 4 Screen: 5.7 inches
Note Edge (including the edge): 5.6 inches

Mindwipe

ES File Explorer seems to have a theming engine, but as far as I can tell there's only an even more old fashioned theme available. Is there somewhere you can download more themes?

I love the software, but the tablet UI could do with a lick of paint...

solarus

So what time is the Motorola event today? Can't see mention of the start time anywhere just the invite pic saying September 4th.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
The Note has a bit better specs and a bit larger screen you know.

Note 4 Battery: 3,220 mAh battery
Note Edge Battery: Li-Ion 3,000 mAh battery

Note 4 CPU: Quad-core 2.7 GHz Krait 450 (SM-N910S)
Note Edge CPU: Quad-core 2.5 GHz Krait 450 (Snapdragon)

Note 4 Screen: 5.7 inches
Note Edge (including the edge): 5.6 inches
Huh, thanks for posting. I thought they were the same phone. That said, those are marginal differences for me and I'd still go for Edge.

I'm guessing I have a fucked battery if it's already gone from 100 to 94 after only 15 minutes? Looking at the battery stats, there doesn't seem to be anything in software that's draining it more than usual, and the display, as usual, is the highest thing on the list.

And my brightness is almost always at 0% except for when outside or in sunlight.

Edit: ^^^ I think the Note Edge is quite ugly. I'd definitely pick the 4 over it. Plus that melted edge looks like the most useless, gimmicky thing ever, but that's typical of most Samsung stuff.

reKon

Banned
I still can't find anything about the time for the Motorola event? Were the press specifically told not to release that information? Lol...

jokkir

I still can't find anything about the time for the Motorola event? Were the press specifically told not to release that information? Lol...

Maybe it's under NDA or something for some secret stuff i dont know. I can't find any information either.

terrier

After this IFA, i think i will keep my nexus5 as main phone for a while, note 4 looks nice, but i want to see how does 805 perform in real life (if sony not using it dor z3 was right or wrong). z3 too, but not sure, waterproof is tempting but those bezels.....
let's see what moto has to offer and nexus 6, but with android L around the corner i can only see my n5 haveing at least 6-12 months of healthy life ahead so i can wait for price drops or 64bit smartphones to hit the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom