• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT4| I/O Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.

teiresias

I'm not sure I care that the LG G Watch R I S O L 'Y W Z ~P N doesnt' have auto brightness considering the damn thing has never really worked properly on any phone I've owned . . . ever.

PR Date +1

qxzrno8.gif
This is hilarious. I kinda miss being subbed to this thread.

Groof

The G Watch R looks nice. The Moto 360 is still the nicer looking watch though, just a shame about the cutout.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook

Not totally sold on the display for this reason though...

He added: “We have brought into the screen, as before, a Triluminous display for mobile which widens the colour gamut, X-Reality for mobile which is the equivalent of DSEHX for TV – it up-rates your pictures – and this gives us a 600 candela screen, a really bright, vivid screen with IPS that works in direct sunlight without having to implement a 2K screen.”

I like the sunlight deal, but why companies keep fucking with the colour gamut is beyond me. Well it isn't really. I guess customers like it SRGB scale be damned.

yeah, so the Note Edge is the first time i can concede that there is a solid argument for software buttons. you poor leftie suckaz.

Note 4.

yeah... no.

Faceless , you are too predictable. I knew 2 years ago you were going to pick Note 4. Have you consider the Oppo Find 7? The US version on their website is $500 but you can get it for $450 if you have an .edu email. Join the superior GSM/LTE master race and dump the ghetto carrier that is Sprint.

The Find 7 is way better than the One plus one.

This is ti
by the way.

The G Watch R looks nice. The Moto 360 is still the nicer looking watch though, just a shame about the cutout.

I like LG watch's design language much better than the 360. The LG watch is a mid-tier casual watch that's made to look like a casual/sports watch; the google 360 watch is mid-tier watch pretend to be a luxury watch.

Groof

Yep... because communication by Moto isn't their strong suit...
I don't get this. They sent out a press in invite for the 4th to get press to attend an event they didn't say much about to anyone except press. Everyone assumes they'll announced everything today and have live streams and shit, even though they never even mentioned anything of the sort, and get mad. Now they've come out and said that things will be announced properly to the public tomorrow which was the plan all along. Why the vitriol?

I don't get this. They sent out a press in invite for the 4th to get press to attend an event they didn't say much about to anyone except press. Everyone assumes they'll announced everything today and have live streams and shit, even though they never even mentioned anything of the sort, and get mad. Now they've come out and said that things will be announced properly to the public tomorrow which was the plan all along. Why the vitriol?

Because for something this major, you don't just go "Oh, sorry, change of plans." at the last minute or just even forget about that they did this. It's just bad communication and lack of clarification on this sort of thing.

http://www.droid-life.com/2014/09/0...nveiling-at-1am-central-live-stream-tomorrow/

They will be doing a livestream Q&A tomorrow at 2:30PM.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook

They had a whole website section setup pimping this out. It is just a press thing behind closed doors today. Doesn't mean it was totally billed that way.

Again if they had just said that from the start nobody would have an issue.

Groof

Because for something this major, you don't just go "Oh, sorry, change of plans." at the last minute or just even forget about that they did this. It's just bad communication and lack of clarification on this sort of thing.

http://www.droid-life.com/2014/09/0...nveiling-at-1am-central-live-stream-tomorrow/

They will be doing a livestream Q&A tomorrow at 2:30PM.

The lack of communication part I can get, but was it really a last minute change of plans? Considering they never mentioned anything about a proper announcement I'd wager this was the plan all along.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Faceless, quit being ridiculous and just get the Edge. I don't understand why you wouldn't.

3phemeral

Honestly, I find the Edge rather sexy. But I know it'll be one of those early-adopter regret purchases over lack of any significant feature that takes advantage of it.

And also: regarding my IMEI debacle that occurred with the GNote II I bought as a gift, it seems (if the seller is to be believed; he hasn't given me any indication that he's lying considering how much work he's putting in to rectify this), that the blacklisted IMEI has been lifted and it should be usable within 24 hours. Apparently, T-Mobile made a mistake and blocked it for whatever reasons they had to do (the seller claims the account was paid off in full). So I'm not sure what gave them the go-ahead to do block it to begin with. We'll see tomorrow if the phone re-activates and this whole thing is behind me. According to Swappa, T-Mobile does this petty frequently.

DarkFlow

Banned
Faceless , you are too predictable. I knew 2 years ago you were going to pick Note 4. Have you consider the Oppo Find 7? The US version on their website is $500 but you can get it for $450 if you have an .edu email. Join the superior GSM/LTE master race and dump the ghetto carrier that is Sprint.

This is ti
by the way.
So whos alt are you.

This is ti
by the way.

Who do you think you are? Emperor Palpatine?

freshair

Some Brazilian site posted this video on Youtube and took it down shortly after. You can see the X+1 in the beginning and a few new things from the 360, including the heart rate app.

http://www.vidup.de/v/M2WK9/

IFZXMkx.png

and new watch face

bo8pdvO.jpg

Pricing seems to be $250 from BB employees and they have the stock. Release date is either tomorrow or the 7th for Sunday.

Jzero

The Alcatel smartwatch has both a bezel and the moto 360 thing at the bottom. Just in case you wanted both.

iFgKlhoarxkv4.jpg

i3oVN9aFyiVKd.jpg

solarus

Someone remind me why we want 1440p screens on our phones for reasons other than VR
Here's a quote from arstechnica's hands on with the note 4:
"The screen here is supposed to be the big difference, moving from 1920×1080 on the Note 3 to 2560×1440 on the Note 4. Both devices are 5.7 inches, so we're moving from 386 PPI to a whopping 515 PPI.

Even side by side, it's hard to see a difference between the Note 3 and Note 4 screens, and in terms of practical use for a smartphone, these absurdly high PPIs don't do anything for the end user. The last time we saw a device with such a high pixel density was the LG G3, and there the screen actually hurt the device more than helped it—it provided little tangible benefit and only served to drain the battery faster."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom