• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT4| I/O Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.motorola.com/us/Moto-X/FLEXR2.html

Looks like it runs vanilla Android too :).

Specifications
Operating system

Android 4.4.4 KitKat®

Capacity

Storage (ROM)

Std: 16GB

Motomaker: 32GB

Dimensions

Height 140.8 mm

Width 72.4 mm

Depth 9.97mm

Weight 144 grams

Camera

Rear camera: 13MP F2.25

Front Camera: 2MP (1080p)

Audio

Speakers: front-facing and at bottom
Processor

MSM8974-AC 2.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 with quad-core CPU

RAM 2GB

Display

5.2” (423 ppi)

1080p OLED

Corning Gorilla Glass 3

Connectivity

Wifi 80211.ac

BT 4.0LE

USB centered at bottom

3.5mm Headset Jack

Battery

2300 mAh

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Holy shit at the size of the hint. Me want.

Kinda hoping for some dual ear action, rather than one though. Or am I mistaken?

Groof

Man I love this surge of news and videos!

Seems a shame about the 360 battery life though. I'll wait for next year's reiteration.

ILoveBish

I would consider the Z3V, but no removable battery kills it for me, as well as onscreen buttons. I despise that. Sad that i'm forced to buy samsung phones for these features.

NotBacon

Disappointed in the low base storage, audio jack on top, and smallish battery.

Will still probably be amazing and my next buy anyways...

Groof

$180 for a 5 inch 720p phone is pretty nice. It looks like the same as the first one except a bigger screen, dual front speakers and SD support - it still has 1gb of ram and a quad core CPU. But there's no mention of LTE or cmda support :(

http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/0...0p-screen-dual-speakers-available-9-5-179-99/
Seems like they reverted back to only 3g. Bummer.

Really hope this Moto x actually releases over here so I can have some choice this holiday.

XBP

I'm not really sure about that battery size in the X+1. Will have to wait for reviews on how optimized the phone is for day to day usage.

terrier

It's alright to own a phone for longer than a year guys.

yes, feels strange though :p

Nexus 5 was a great improvement over previous phones i owned, 2gb ram + great processor, and since then i feel no urge to update, it is powerful, nice camera, decent battery life (only have 'issues' if i take a lot of photos). It has margin to be improved, of course, but not to justify a new phone.

Plus Android L seems to have some improvements on camera and battery so .....

on topic, a bit dissapointed about Motorola, G is nice but 2Gb ram would've been better, or LTE/4G. Is the battery the same or bigger.

Moto X is nice, but expensive , too expensive.
Let's see what apple and the next nexus phones offer now, and if it helps the somehow stale smartphone market.

Btw, all this ultrahd screens on phones but what about tablets? wouldn't those need that upgrade more than phones?

Toki767

I don't think the Snapdragon 805 is going to power anything less than a QHD screen. The 801 seems like a super optimized chip for 1080p.

solarus

Disappointed with the battery size in the moto x, and no micro SD despite the moto g having it. Yes I know moto is good with optimising the software and the battery will probably be just fine but when other flagships with the same screen size have a much bigger battery I don't see why they couldn't have done the same AND implement their optimisation, the battery life would have been great :/
I'll consider how much the 32gb moto x model costs, otherwise the only phone revealed this week that I like was the z3 compact. It's perfect hardware wise, if only it ran stock android.

phoenixyz

All these current smartwatches remind me of
DynaTAC8000X.jpg

Hasney

Moto looks good, but I'm going to have to wait with that battery... Yeesh,

I think it was built to a price-point to get it to 499.

solarus

One plus one just posted this on FB:

They can fuck right off with that bullshit.
Not only is their product release inane, I've seen a myriad of complaints about the phone itself ranging from problems like the touch screen issues (still not fixed), battery life, weaker phone signal, screen yellowing and GPS problems.

Blablurn

They can fuck right off with that bullshit.
Not only is their product release inane, I've seen a myriad of complaints about the phone itself ranging from problems like the touch screen issues (still not fixed), battery life, weaker phone signal, screen yellowing and GPS problems.

And it also exploded in someones pants lol

Mindwipe

Agree with the praise for the new version of Chrome. It looks great, and seems to run really smoothly to (some of that is the iOS trick of animations covering loading times, but I'm fine with that).

The Moto 360 is definitely the best looking smartwatch.

eXSt0ha.jpg

Even if it's a big large and definitely not for someone with girly wrists.

2uvcSQO.jpg

But like I already said few times, it just doesn't make sense to buy a first-gen tech product. Especially not in a still young category like smartwatches.

Moto 360 has a 10 hour battery life apparently

That would be awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom