• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT4| I/O Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicktendo86

Seriously though Moto do android right, stock but with some added goodies on top that don't get in the way. Only OEM to make me seriously consider moving from Nexus.

Hasney

Scroll to the bottom of the Moto X page:

I'm skeptical you'll consistently get that kind of performance, but if it comes anywhere close, I'd take it.

Sounds good. If it works in PC USB ports (unlikely), then it would be back on my radar even with the small childs battery,

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Even with the fast charge I just don't want to have to charge at all so quickly during the day. IDK 2300 vs 2700+ for other phones seems like a draw back.

In general the new Moto X looks solid.

I personally like the Sony stuff better though. I like the design better. I like the camera more. Prefer the bigger battery etc..

Wish the Moto G wasn't such a meh update. I guess cost was of utmost importance, but I'm surprised Moto didn't go with the Snap 410 instead.

Wait so the new moto g has the same innards as before and just got a size bump? And it went back to 3g even after the LTE moto g has been around for a few months?

What

:(

Also, was the original moto x so expensive at launch? I thought it was just $50 more than nexus 5 last year.

Fatalah

Wait so the new moto g has the same innards as before and just got a size bump? And it went back to 3g even after the LTE moto g has been around for a few months?

What

:(

Also, was the original moto x so expensive at launch? I thought it was just $50 more than nexus 5 last year.

The first Moto X was $579 at launch. This new Moto X is rumored to be $399. Not bad!

reKon

Banned
2300mah battery? Fuck off Moto. The new Nexus end up being 2400mah lol. Xperia Z3C is in the front running for me now. I don't give a shit if the battery is well optimized. They still should have done much better. It's more significant here because the battery is not removable.

Fatalah

2300mah battery? Fuck off Moto. The new Nexus end up being 2400mah lol. Xperia Z3C is in the front running for me now. I don't give a shit if the battery is well optimized. They still should have done much better. It's more significant here because the battery is not removable.

I'd wait for some battery tests before closing the book on Moto.

Really glad Motorola switched lens manufacturers.

teiresias

these one plus comparison charts they keep putting out are getting kinda lame

"Can't buy our phone, here's a sexist contest, but hey, we're cool and have a better phone." It's the lamest phone promotion ever IMO. At least the other companies get their products out and don't attempt some lame slight-of-hand to make themselves seem like some small startup when in actuality they're part of a big conglomerate.

Geeun

Does anyone know if best buy will be selling the 360 in stores today? I found a link staying the website will, but nothing regarding retail stores.

Talon

The new Moto X looks really kickass. I was unsure after the leaks, but the taper looks really smooth.

But, of course, the ubiquitous "later this month."

TTOOLL

How is Moto with the updates? L is guaranteed, right? What about after that?
Really thinking about getting a Moto X and dumping my ZL, Sony fucked up with the latest update.

spwolf

Moto 360 has a 10 hour battery life apparently

battery life makes it a horrible device. I dont care how nice it is, or its features... if it cant last for full 24hrs then it is dead end product.

Apparently battery is tiny in it - only 310 mAh.

LG G Watch has 400 mAh and people still complained about battery life. SW3 has 420 mAh, ZenWatch has between 380mAh and 420mAh (not sure exactly).

All these current smartwatches remind me of

The fashion watch has been getting bigger in the last few years. It's not an issue if your watch is cheap enough (under 200).

I still want to get a (low end) Rolex for my wife one day, but its something we can pass down to the kid if we have one. Watch has changed entirely from a tool to a accessory.

HawkeyeIC

battery life makes it a horrible device. I dont care how nice it is, or its features... if it cant last for full 24hrs then it is dead end product.

Apparently battery is tiny in it - only 310 mAh.

LG G Watch has 400 mAh and people still complained about battery life. SW3 has 420 mAh, ZenWatch has between 380mAh and 420mAh (not sure exactly).

Beta product.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Glad they kept the Moto G pricing the same. The lack of 4G will disappoint some but everything else about it looks good.

It's nice knowing there's a mid-range phone on the market you can recommend to people without feeling like a scumbag.

I thought that it's going to be $500. But wow so the moto x dropped in price pretty quickly last year, huh.

You didn't know the Moto X dropped price right after launch due to lack of interest?

All those wooden Moto X backs reminds me of :

4.jpg

Fatalah

How is Moto with the updates? L is guaranteed, right? What about after that?

Motorola leads all OEM's in terms of Android updates. It's why they chose to stick to pure Android -- faster updates.

The Moto X was the first phone with KitKat, ahead of the Nexus line.

For everyone complaining about the lack of SD card needs to get a clue. There is always going to be something missing from a phone as it obviously cant have every feature possible. I would MUCH rather pay 500 without contract than 650 for a phone with the same CPU and if losing the sd card gets me there than so be it. Do you even know how risky or expensive it can be to include an sd card?

http://www.howtogeek.com/183766/why-microsoft-makes-5-to-15-from-every-android-device-sold/

It was very obvious IMO that the new Moto X wouldnt have an sd card based on the rumors and previous model so stop filling this thread up with your stupid posts.

Hasney

For everyone complaining about the lack of SD card needs to get a clue. There is always going to be something missing from a phone as it obviously cant have every feature possible. I would MUCH rather pay 500 without contract that 650 for a phone with the same CPU and if losing the sd card gets me there than so be it. Do you even know how risky or expensive it can be to include an sd card?

http://www.howtogeek.com/183766/why-microsoft-makes-5-to-15-from-every-android-device-sold/

It was very obvious IMO that the new Moto X wouldnt have an sd card based on the rumors and previous model so stop filling this thread up with your stupid posts.

Wow.

Anyway, I've grown to live without an SD card, as long as the phone has 64gb internal. I'd happily sacrifice an SD slot for more internal storage or a bigger battery, but it doesn't seem like the Moto X is doing either of those.

Gurthang

Banned
Hello
I just got a Moto G and its my first smartphone if it is considered a smart phone. Any essential apps that I should get for it?
Thanks

Maiar_m

12GO are more than enough for me, I use the cloud for everything that's really sspace consuming (or spotify's offline mode when I know I'm going to be network-impared).

But we'll never get motomaker in France so hey, I'd better forget it.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
For everyone complaining about the lack of SD card needs to get a clue. There is always going to be something missing from a phone as it obviously cant have every feature possible. I would MUCH rather pay 500 without contract than 650 for a phone with the same CPU and if losing the sd card gets me there than so be it. Do you even know how risky or expensive it can be to include an sd card?

Who's alt are you? LoL

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
http://www.androidcentral.com/motorola-confirms-availability-and-pricing-moto-x-moto-g-and-more

UK pricing and availability

Moto G

Available in black and white
Starting from £144.99
Available from Amazon from 5th September (Motorola Shells will be available from October) [Amazon have the new Moto G listed as September 12th but whatever]

Moto X

Available in black 16GB, leather 16GB and bamboo 16GB
Starting from £419.99
Available from Amazon from the end of September

Moto 360

Available in gray leather and black leather
Starting from £199.00
Available from O2, Tesco, Amazon and John Lewis from early October

Volotaire

http://www.androidcentral.com/motorola-confirms-availability-and-pricing-moto-x-moto-g-and-more

Moto G

Starting from £144.99
Available from Amazon from 5th September (Motorola Shells will be available from October) [Amazon have the new Moto G listed as September 12th but whatever]

I'm in the market for a temporary cheap smartphone. Since this new Moto G is relatively cheap, it might push down the last year model's price. I might look into the last year model (since my only other option is the Lumia 520/530 which seems like a bargain at about £40 used).

Moto G

Starting from £144.99

Moto X

Available in black 16GB, leather 16GB and bamboo 16GB
Starting from £419.99
Available from Amazon from the end of September

Moto 360

Available in gray leather and black leather
Starting from £199.00
Available from O2, Tesco, Amazon and John Lewis from early October
Moto X is too damn expensive
for what it is

Status
Not open for further replies.