• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT4| I/O Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toki767

ByZ3m7kIAAILae1.jpg

Shamu indeed

Gee. That must be like the Huawei. Although I feel like that still might be just barely bigger than the iPhone 6+

Is that good though? You can get the M8, G3, and S5 for under $100 on contract and the M8 and G3 are less than $600 on contract too.

Plus the Nexus phone could be unveiled the following week for cheaper with the 805 chip.

Just feel like it's great that Sony is coming, but they still feel LTTP like always.
Well he did mention off contract. Off contract the G3 costs $670 taxes included and the S5 is $700. Sony should match or lower the cost. If Sony can get carriers to offer both Z3 and Z3c on contract, then they definitely can get more sales.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Well he did mention off contract. Off contract the G3 costs $670 taxes included and the S5 is $700. Sony should match or lower the cost. If Sony can get carriers to offer both Z3 and Z3c on contract, then they definitely can get more sales.

You can get the G3 right now on Amazon for under $600. Ditto with your S5 price in that it's cheaper than that right now on Amazon.

That's the problem. These other phones have been out a while so you can easily find them at Amazon or Best Buy or wherever for much cheaper than most companies want to launch a new flagship at.

manfestival

my moto g arrives tomorrow... I cant wait to have a decent phone again. The waiting is too much. I have been using this galaxy s2(tmobile version, which is the worst one) and it is borderline unbearable at times. Especially when I was using the htc one before I put it through the wash cycle test. Which it did not pass.

So, my Youtube Widget stopped working, so I naturally removed it from the homescreen and when I tried to add it again, ... its gone, the app is there, it opens, but the widget is gone.

Anyone has any ideas what happened?

So they can't because if they could you would have typed an answer.

Thanks for proving my point. There is a reason Sony phones have tanked in the past in NA. No reason this won't be par for the course.
I proved nothing since I don't work for Sony :p

I don't know about logistics or how to strike deals with carriers. Someone else may know. All I know is you'll have a definitive answer on October 9th.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
If that's the new Nexus then I'm going to continue using my 5 until 2015. I'll wait and see what else is on market, Z3C is pretty enticing though right now.

Groof

Wouldn't that still lead to poor battery life because of the QHD display and 5.92" display putting a lot of strain on the battery? Do we know how power hungry 805 processors are? I feel like they should've went with at least a 4100mAh battery.

Well the G3 is faring pretty well with a 3000mah battery. Granted, it is a smaller screen.

The announcement couldn't come sooner. I need to know.

Hmmm, the back of the phone looks nice, and at least there will finally be a nexus with a big battery. Wish they had gone with 1080p though. Hopefully they make a new Nexus 5 as well.

So, my Youtube Widget stopped working, so I naturally removed it from the homescreen and when I tried to add it again, ... its gone, the app is there, it opens, but the widget is gone.

Anyone has any ideas what happened?
Google removed the YouTube widget in an update.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/0...cause-none-of-you-were-using-it-apk-download/

The rumours of the next nexus doesn't have it at QHD does it? Because 2560x1440 would cripple my interest in it ;_;
Yeah, it supposedly does have a QHD display. That hasn't crippled my interest, but I'd definitely rather have a 1080p display. When we finally start getting 4000mAh batteries in phones on the regular, then they can bring back higher than 1080p resolutions.

Quasar

That will be 6 months at least. At some point you'll always be waiting.

I get you though as I need a new phone as well.

True. Thing is I don't 'need' a new phone. I'd like a more modern phone than my n4. It doesn't even need to be bleeding edge. i'd probably buy a z3c if it wasnt so expensive unlocked and it got L promptly.

Toki767

True. Thing is I don't 'need' a new phone. I'd like a more modern phone than my n4. It doesn't even need to be bleeding edge. i'd probably buy a z3c if it wasnt so expensive unlocked and it got L promptly.

Why not just buy a 2013 Moto X then?

diaspora

Yeah, it supposedly does have a QHD display. That hasn't crippled my interest, but I'd definitely rather have a 1080p display. When we finally start getting 4000mAh batteries in phones on the regular, then they can bring back higher than 1080p resolutions.

Fuck. I like the Nexus line, but if they follow through with this, I'll end up with a Z3 or 4 in hand. Google pls

Fuck. I like the Nexus line, but if they follow through with this, I'll end up with a Z3 or 4 in hand. Google pls
I'm assuming you don't want QHD because of battery concerns?

But yeah, the Xperia phones are nice, and have insane battery life. That said, I'm gonna wait for reviews to see how the new Nexus battery life stacks up. QHD doesn't necessarily mean battery will be average. The G3 apparently still has good battery life, and as long as the Nexus can give me battery life similar to my current phone, I'm good.

-PXG-

ByZ3m7kIAAILae1.jpg

Shamu indeed

Daaaang. It's big as fuck.

It really is a big ass Moto X. They need to ditch the logo on the back. The ring around the lens does nothing to improve the flash. I'm assuming it's dual flash like the Moto X.

I wonder if Google will launch with an array of colors. I doubt they will do a full blown Moto Maker type thing for it

thuway

Don't forget the phone will ship with L and have the battery improvements out of the box.

I hate this logic. If you are going to increase the physical size of the phone it is common sense to increase the actual battery mA. Not doing so, only proves to be compromising on what some of us consider the defining / defacto limiting factor in our devices: Battery Life.

A 3000 m/hr battery versus 4000 m/hr battery in Shamu will make a significant difference.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I hate this logic. If you are going to increase the physical size of the phone it is common sense to increase the actual battery mA. Not doing so, only proves to be compromising on what some of us consider the defining / defacto limiting factor in our devices: Battery Life.

A 3000 m/hr battery versus 4000 m/hr battery in Shamu will make a significant difference.

I get this but 3XXX+ isn't a small battery in my eyes. This isn't the Moto X with a 2300.

For comparison the Note 4 has basically the same battery.

thuway

I get this but 3XXX+ isn't a small battery in my eyes. This isn't the Moto X with a 2300.

For comparison the Note 4 has basically the same battery.
The phone has a lot going against it in terms of battery.

1. Screen resolution
2. Battery to screen size ratio

About the only thing it has going for it is Android L which the jury is still out on how much it'll help. Google should have stuck with 1080p, 4000 mA, 6 inches, front firing speakers.

Nexus 6 right there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom