• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT4| I/O Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotBacon

http://www.theverge.com/2014/9/29/6868041/alcatel-pop-mega-tracfone-buddy-phablet

The logical conclusion to using a phablet? Use a dumbphone for calls and texts.

acatelpopmega-1.0.jpg

Phone too big? Get a smaller phone to function as a phone because your large one can't! Logic.

iavi

Somebody smack me, the Nexus 6 is seeming more and more tempting the more I read about it. And A PHABLET THAT BIG AIN'T SUPPOSED TO

Moto + Nexus + big battery. The screen isn't what I'd ever go for, but if this is what it's come to

Cipherr

5.9 is to big. They have officially lost the plot. 5.2 with slim bezels is fine. MAYBE 5.5 but thats extremely pushing the limits. 5.9 is to fucking large for a phone. And it really sucks that THE phone I wanted to buy is the sole fucking dumbass one going with 5.9" like a goddamn retard.

They always fuck at least one thing up with the Nexus phones. Always 1.

Groof

All you people hating on the 5.9" will be so jelly when you see me strutting down the aisle with dat bulge in my pocket

-PXG-

Why do people want google experience stuff? Vanilla is pretty bland, just use Cyanogenmod, probs solved.

Because it's the smoothest, most stable version of Android on the planet. I don't feel like waiting weeks or months for some dude to finally get a somewhat stable build out, meanwhile every nightly could potentially brick my device. I used to do that stuff. I'm done with that. All I was doing was trying to emulate the stock experience anyway. I still use a custom kernel and install new modems when they leak. Plus Xposed modules basically add every CM feature I want. Gravity Box alone achieves that lol.

Groof

Unadulterated Android 5.0
Good Size
Great camera
Nice Design
Battery life for 2 days
You do realise that the camera and battery life are wholly dependant on the software and Sony has probably worked some magic to get that battery life right?
Going gpe would take that away and the 2600mah battery probably won't be so special anymore.

Ensirius

You do realise that the camera and battery life are wholly dependant on the software and Sony has probably worked some magic to get that battery life right?
Going gpe would take that away and the 2600mah battery probably won't be so special anymore.

It's not as bad as you put it, and the core experience that unskinned Android offers is supperior to anything else. Gotta give it to Sony though, for how little they skin Android, and when they do, they do it without compromising the performance, unlike some other manufacturers *cough* Samsung *cough*

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Ugh if you look at the photo samples in the Anandtech iPhone 6 review...

Anandtech

Specifically the out door shot during the day and night then click Moto X 2014.

Ugh... That's the supposed same sensor Shamu is gonna use. :/

Vanillalite

According to MyDrivers, HTC is currently on a 5.5-inch follow-up that will don 2560 x 1440 resolution, a Snapdragon 805 chipset, 3GB of RAM, a 3,000mAh battery and an 18 megapixel camera that has optical image stabilization.

HTC Max successor? Oct 8th/9th here we go!!

Jigolo

So my Chromecast just got here. Is there a way to cast videos from my mac to it easily? (not talking about youtube videos)

Vanillalite

I love how HTC is announcing their new 805 handset the day before Sony is gonna show off their 801 stuff. Plus Samsung already showed off their 805 Note. Then we get the 805 Moto Nexus a week later. At least Z3C has dat battery life doe.

Ugh if you look at the photo samples in the Anandtech iPhone 6 review...

Anandtech

Specifically the out door shot during the day and night then click Moto X 2014.

Ugh... That's the supposed same sensor Shamu is gonna use. :/
That's just a shame. One of the problems with the first Moto X was the camera. Why didn't they focus more on the camera? And people said it was decent. There really isn't any excuse to why a flagship phone is being released with a low-midrange camera.

Vanillalite

That's just a shame. One of the problems with the first Moto X was the camera. Why didn't they focus more on the camera? And Not Bacon/Osiris said it was decent. There really isn't any excuse to why a flagship phone is being released with a low-midrange camera.

Fixed for you ;)

Husker86

You guys are gonna be so raw when L comes out and moto's cam turns to goat.

Absolutely.

The 2014 X's camera and battery were designed for Android L. They just had to get it out around now before too many people bought iPhones.

In the teardown you can see "Designed for L" sticker on the camera module, kinda like how Windows computers have those stickers on the tower.

Absolutely.

The 2014 X's camera and battery were designed for Android L. They just had to get it out around now before too many people bought iPhones.

In the teardown you can see "Designed for L" sticker on the camera module, kinda like how Windows computers have those stickers on the tower.

Should've did the sticker for "designed for M". Dat future proof.

thespot84

I'm chalking it up to piss poor software. There's no way it's that bad.

the yellowing is a white balance issue, not hardware. The iphone pics have a lot more details in the shadows, however (and low light performance is obviously much better). Some of this could be hardware, but i think it's premature to make much of a judgement until the RAW support comes with L.

NotBacon

Why do people want google experience stuff? Vanilla is pretty bland, just use Cyanogenmod, probs solved.

Eh no. CM is a bug fest. Vanilla is like the iOS of ROMs: simple, smooth, fast.

Googy please just give us a z3c gpe and we are done.

You're in luck, Sony is experimenting with Vanilla Android on their flagships currently.

Fixed for you ;)

HEY LEAVE HIM ALONE HE'S JUST A NAÏVE CHILD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom