• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT4| I/O Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.

XBP

Why is everyone ok with samsung and htc releasing prime version of their smartphones only a few months after their latest flagships? Its weird that sony gets criticized for following a 6 month flagship cycle but its ok for other companies to do something similar in a shorter timespan?

Why is everyone ok with samsung and htc releasing prime version of their smartphones only a few months after their latest flagships? Its weird that sony gets criticized for following a 6 month flagship cycle but its ok for other companies to do something similar in a shorter timespan?
well, to be fair, until recently, Sony's 6 month cycle was 6 months behind everyone else and they had other issues like availability, pricing, panel lottos, camera iq, etc... it's not really the same situation. also, everyone isn't ok with it.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook

well, to be fair, until recently, Sony's 6 month cycle was 6 months behind everyone else and they had other issues like availability, pricing, panel lottos, camera iq, etc... it's not really the same situation. also, everyone isn't ok with it.

This! We fuck around with Sony cause they are 6 months BEHIND. This would just be pushing FORWARD!

Vanillalite

Snapdragon 805 devices aren't even out yet and we get this....

Android Central

Qualcomm has announced that it will start mass production of its eight-core SoC, the Snapdragon 615, soon. At an event held in Shenzhen, China, Qualcomm revealed that the Snapdragon 810/808 would also be available before the end of 2014.

Slayven

I haven't been keeping up with the android game, but is it true that in kitkat you can't move programs to SD anymore?

Talon

Sony would have to deliver something on schedule to even meet that 6 month cycle. They're the Charlie Brown of this thread at this point.

zomg is the PCTX of Sony Phones!

14201965416_03cf12b0e6_z.jpg
LMAO

Vanillalite

If that indeed is what the HTC One Prime or whatever the fuck they are gonna call it looks like I'm in. Day 1. That's my next phone. Book it Android GAF.

11 days until I can leave Sprint, I cannot wait to have better service finally. I'm going to have to hold out a little longer after that so that I can jump ship and get either the LG G3, S5 Prime, or M8 Prime, the wait will be torture.

Futureman

if that's real I think it's my favorite current phone design.

Some kid at the store I work at was saying the Moto X+1 is supposed to 5.2"? I don't think I heard that, was he full of bullcrappy?

Ocho

Damn, I returned my M8 because I found it rather small and didn't like the curved back. This new one, wow. Depends on the screen rez, I guess. 1440 or no go.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
if that's real I think it's my favorite current phone design.

Some kid at the store I work at was saying the Moto X+1 is supposed to 5.2"? I don't think I heard that, was he full of bullcrappy?

It's supposed to be 5"+, yeah

VoxPop

You realize most everyone else's flagship (with the exception of the iPhone and Z2) have protrusions for the camera, right?

My M7 camera doesn't protrude as much as that pic. Ironically those 2 phones you named are my favorite in terms of design on a phone. And I didn't really care about the protrusion. I was more concerned about it being that hideous red while the entirety of the phone is black + silver.

Avixph

Samsung and HTC should have never launched their current handset and instead should have waited to release the prime versions.

Talon

My M7 camera doesn't protrude as much as that pic. Ironically those 2 phones you named are my favorite in terms of design on a phone. And I didn't really care about the protrusion. I was more concerned about it being that hideous red while the entirety of the phone is black + silver.
Yeah, the HTC One isn't a protrusion, so to speak, but a hump. Basically everything other than the iPhone and Z series has a hump or protrusion.

thespot84

That the $600 dollar phone lost to the $130 phone. I have no clue why anyone would defend that. That shit is embarrassing.

I'm not following, sorry. Are you saying people should not be defending the samsung's performance? or the comparison itself?

manfestival

so I bought my HTC One a year ago and was absolutely in love with it. It is easily my favorite phone that I have owned ever by a large margin. I put it through the washing machine and effectively killed it. I am currently in the market and I remember the one of buying my One that the market was making a shift towards mid tier phones. I just started doing some research and I am blown away by the quality and abundance of cheap out of contract phones(IE:eek:ne plus one, nexus, moto, and etc). Unfortunately, money has been tight as of late due to poor life choices so I am trying to be extra budget like. So I was considering getting something budget friendly in the range of 200 out of contract and Tmobile friendly. I checked craigslist but there are too many frauds with stolen IMEI codes and people just want too much for certain phones. What are all the options that I have? I know the Moto E and G are out there and seem to be great options but I feel like I may be overlooking something.

NotBacon

so I bought my HTC One a year ago and was absolutely in love with it. It is easily my favorite phone that I have owned ever by a large margin. I put it through the washing machine and effectively killed it. I am currently in the market and I remember the one of buying my One that the market was making a shift towards mid tier phones. I just started doing some research and I am blown away by the quality and abundance of cheap out of contract phones(IE:eek:ne plus one, nexus, moto, and etc). Unfortunately, money has been tight as of late due to poor life choices so I am trying to be extra budget like. So I was considering getting something budget friendly in the range of 200 out of contract and Tmobile friendly. I checked craigslist but there are too many frauds with stolen IMEI codes and people just want too much for certain phones. What are all the options that I have? I know the Moto E and G are out there and seem to be great options but I feel like I may be overlooking something.

Someone mentioned the Moto X dropping to 200 recently...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom