• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT4| I/O Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats the point of this post? To pitty samsung? We know the history of android and OEM skins. Its not a reason to buy their crappy software. Its their choice to use their shitty design. They don't have to.
Ha, no. I don't pity them. I'm just saying they've been doing the same thing for so long that they probably believe their crap sells because they must be doing something right. Samsung and other OEMs probably don't think their skins are ugly.

manfestival

does it bother anyone else when they see someone posting a screenshot of something they could easily share on facebook? I HATE seeing screenshots of stuff on facebook

PaulLFC

Can remove it by doing this, supposedly? (At least for the Z2):

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=54348159&postcount=33
Thanks, I read a report that this works for the Z3C so I don't see the Z3 being any different - I'll try later today when I should have the replacement phone.

Running those adb commands just requires develper access right? Not any bootloader related stuff that could affect the camera etc? 99.9% sure it doesn't need anything like that but thought best to be sure before I run it.

thenexus6

Went into town and played with Z3 and C in shops. Compact feels and looks awesome. My sister wants a new phone for Christmas. She has an iPhone 4S so will most likely get a 5 or 5c however she expressed interest in getting a bigger phone so I might try and convince her to take my Nexus 5 so I get an excuse to get the Z3C!

I'm on Chrome Beta on Nexus 5. That Neogaf thread about the IOC and Norway, specifically page 3, freezes my browser. It might not happen right away (sometimes it does) but after I click the scroll or menu buttons it usually does. It's the weirdest thing.

Mindwipe

Thanks, I read a report that this works for the Z3C so I don't see the Z3 being any different - I'll try later today when I should have the replacement phone.

Running those adb commands just requires develper access right? Not any bootloader related stuff that could affect the camera etc? 99.9% sure it doesn't need anything like that but thought best to be sure before I run it.

Yeah, you just need to enable USB debugging in the developer menu by tapping the version number ten times. No root required.

spwolf

By the way he praised the phone, you'd think it would get a 9 lol

it felt like 9 is the max individual score...he loves the battery and then scores it a 9. And performance is also clocked 1 lower than other phones with same cpu.

It just seems he wanted that specific score, while loving the phone.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
There are alot of bullshit apps preinstalled on my Xperia Z3Compact.

How do I get rid of them?

Go to the app drawer, swipe left, and choose uninstall

Can't uninstall all sony apps, but you can get rid of that bullshit Kobo

obin_gam

Go to the app drawer, swipe left, and choose uninstall

Can't uninstall all sony apps, but you can get rid of that bullshit Kobo
Ah thanks!
I could uninstall a whole 5 of them. Kinda really anoying having to have so many things on the phone which I will never ever open.

The Z3c has the best battery life they ever tested and only gave it a 9/10... lolwut?

Seriously... those numbers are really off. The way the article is, it should have the same score (at least) as the iPhone 6. Hell, both have a lower score than the Moto X, yet admit that the X has an average at best camera and pretty crummy battery life... what?

The Z3c has the best battery life they ever tested and only gave it a 9/10... lolwut?

Seriously... those numbers are really off. The way the article is, it should have the same score (at least) as the iPhone 6. Hell, both have a lower score than the Moto X, yet admit that the X has an average at best camera and pretty crummy battery life... what?
They had a disclaimer which stated it's a non-weighted average so they were free to make up the score.

woeds

Vlad didn't review the Moto X. Verge has stated that their reviews shouldn't be compared to one another and that they don't strive to have their writers review and score in the same way. Comparing is useless.

Honestly, The Verge (and every site that reviews products with numerical values) should just get rid of scores. Make people read again.

Still, that's a good review of both phones. I'd love for Vlad to do more reviews as he seems the most consistent compared to other Verge staffers.

kehs

Banned
Sony bros:

How do I get Smart Connect to play Google Music instead of Walkman when connecting to a blutetooth device?

On tasker I had to open the app first, then give a second delay, then hit play/play function.

On the z3c it just plays walkman even if i launch Gmusic. =/

rrvv

got my Z3C since my nexus 4 dead faster than I think.

moving form pure android to not so pure android kinda overwhelming

PaulLFC

Yeah, you just need to enable USB debugging in the developer menu by tapping the version number ten times. No root required.
Thanks! Phone hasn't arrived yet, still out for delivery but I'll be trying this once it gets here (once I manage to get a screen protector on it - worst part of getting a new phone)

Any idea if Sony will be selling Z3/Z3C straight from their website? Don't want to switch to TMobile or Sprint and it doesn't seem like it'll be coming to AT&T, so if I could buy it from them that'd be ideal.

reKon

Banned
Any idea if Sony will be selling Z3/Z3C straight from their website? Don't want to switch to TMobile or Sprint and it doesn't seem like it'll be coming to AT&T, so if I could buy it from them that'd be ideal.

I would import it and use it on AT&T bands.

It cost me around $500 to import from Handtec and I got a free case/car charger out of it.

I would import it and use it on AT&T bands.

It cost me around $500 to import from Handtec and I got a free case/car charger out of it.

Well, I'm okay with waiting until the 9th to find out US availability. If it turns out it will be a hassle to get in the US outside of the carriers it's on, I might import it. Works fine on LTE?

Does Handtec do any sort of financing? I can shell out the cost up front, but I'd prefer not to.

vpance

Just got my Z3C

image80x1l.jpg

Does this look normal for est battery life?

Volotaire

While I was picking up my Moto G, I was looking at some of the phones and feeling them as I usually do. The Xperia sides on the Z2 and related lines still look terrible. The Nokia plastic back on the cheaper handsets don't feel great. The black banner at the top of the HTC One looks bad , as well as the odd looking dual camera. The G3 plastic back doesn't feel great in the hands.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
ugh my Moto G compeletly died overnight. It won't boot and the only sign of life is the LED blinking when it's on charge (so something is going on)

Anyone had anything similar? maybe with a different phone?

I know they're going to weasel out of the repair. I read the warranty and it's basically "if you took it out of the box fuck you not our problem"

DrFunk

not licensed in your state

Yes

but you could buy it unlocked from Hantec or Clove and probably get it a bit cheaper than what Sony would sell it now

kehs

Banned
ugh my Moto G compeletly died overnight. It won't boot and the only sign of life is the LED blinking when it's on charge (so something is going on)

Anyone had anything similar? maybe with a different phone?

I know they're going to weasel out of the repair. I read the warranty and it's basically "if you took it out of the box fuck you not our problem"

Try this

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=49605582&postcount=45

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=49605582

SimleuqiR

Google just finished integrating Voice into the Hangouts, now they are set to make another messaging app for us to complain about it not being integrated into Hangouts.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/1...-markets-because-hangouts-sucks-or-something/

Apparently, the big difference will be that this new service won't require a Google account, which must be a nagging issue for consumers in emerging markets for some reason or another I frankly do not understand. The hope is that by removing this sizeable (???) barrier to usage, people will start using this not-Hangouts service, which will be free, instead of WhatsApp or Line or one of another half-dozen or so popular mobile messaging services their friends already use which is why they use it and not, say, some random service made by Google.

Google is taking a page out of the Samsung book and just throwing shit at the wall see what sticks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom