• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT4| I/O Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that you think this shows you take this thread waaayyyy to seriously.

I don't. Neither do most of the rest of us not named you.

PS: I do find it funny I'm ignorant when I post actual factual information. LoL

Yes you post such factual information. Kind of like when you were telling me that ATT doesn't have poor coverage where I live... When you don't even know where I live...

Keep falling back on the I take things too serious when I call your bullshit. Lol

kehs

Banned
Yes you post such factual information. Kind of like when you were telling me that ATT doesn't have poor coverage where I live... When you don't even know where I live...

Keep falling back on the I take things too serious when I call your bullshit. Lol

oserious3355

kehs

Banned
I have that, I just didn't want them listed together and wondered if I could add a new photo as my display picture for SMS only.

Oh. Don't think you can. Since it's basically just your sms'es on the phone by itself tied to no account in particular. =/

Toki767

I must say it's kind of interesting to see that he's been on GAF for a little under a year and has solely only posted in Android threads.

i guess they mean it's really good ... as a phone.

"Just Buy This Phone

Okay, enough beating around the bush. There are a handful of issues with the new Moto X, but the good outweighs the bad by an order of magnitude. Overall, this is probably the best Android phone I've used in recent memory. It's fast, the screen is great, the design is incredibly slick, and the software is probably the best you'll come across right now. I also have high hopes for Android L on the Moto X as there won't be a skin obscuring what Google is doing with the revamped look and feel."

TTOOLL

wow, just rooted my device, xperia ZL. Please recommend me some good apps for rooted devices. Already got Greenify =D

malyce

"Just Buy This Phone

Okay, enough beating around the bush. There are a handful of issues with the new Moto X, but the good outweighs the bad by an order of magnitude. Overall, this is probably the best Android phone I've used in recent memory. It's fast, the screen is great, the design is incredibly slick, and the software is probably the best you'll come across right now. I also have high hopes for Android L on the Moto X as there won't be a skin obscuring what Google is doing with the revamped look and feel."

So you admit it's overpriced garbage that L can't fix? Finally, now we can move on.

Speaking of... What is this like the third or fourth publication to say this :)

http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/10...android-phone/
oh god:

In a market where consumers have shown they like big phones (and they cannot lie), fielding a flagship device that's only 4.7-inches is a risk.
fooking please. It never ends. And next year 5.2" will be puny and considered a risk? Then 7 inches? This trend has to stop. Just bugs me when people perpetuate it. The single best selling device just last year was a 4 inch phone and it's likely to be a 4.7 one this upcoming year.

gcubed

oh god:

fooking please. It never ends. And next year 5.2" will be puny and considered a risk? Then 7 inches? This trend has to stop. Just bugs me when people perpetuate it. The single best selling device just last year was a 4 inch phone and it's likely to be a 4.7 one this upcoming year.

That's a meaningless comment though. The single best selling phone will be whatever size apple releases, it has no bearing on what consumers want for a phone size

That's a meaningless comment though. The single best selling phone will be whatever size apple releases, it has no bearing on what consumers want for a phone size
my point still stands, it's fucking bullshit that 4.7 would be risky. Why make excuses for why they went bigger lol?

And my point is you can't throw a statement like THE CONSUMERS HAVE SPOKEN when there is clear evidence that most consumers prefer the very size you consider risky, or even smaller if you include last year. Doesn't matter whether it's an iphone. If customers didn't want it they wouldn't get it.

mturco

my point still stands, it's fucking bullshit that 4.7 would be risky. Why make excuses for why they went bigger lol?

And my point is you can't throw a statement like THE CONSUMERS HAVE SPOKEN when there is clear evidence that most consumers prefer the very size you consider risky, or even smaller if you include last year. Doesn't matter whether it's an iphone. If customers didn't want it they wouldn't get it.

While I am also annoyed at the trend towards larger and larger phones, I think pointing to the iPhone's success and claiming that it proves people want smaller phones is flawed logic. They want the iPhone because it's the iPhone. Now Apple has increased the screen size and offered an even bigger option and, guess what? Not only is the new model still extremely popular (meaning people are no less enticed by a larger screen), the larger Plus model is hugely popular (way more popular than I thought it'd be).

So in other words, people are buying the iPhone to have an iPhone. They are not necessarily buying it for the smaller screen. If the 6 had extremely poor sales then maybe we could conclude otherwise but obviously that's not the case.

Trust me I'm annoyed too but it seems every idiot wants a huge phone these days.

gcubed

but Apple has 3 different sizes of phones available.

One is inconsequential in sales, and I'm holding out to see initial sales, as I think they are going to be pretty even

Didn't know that was the point, so yes I agree

While I am also annoyed at the trend towards larger and larger phones, I think pointing to the iPhone's success and claiming that it proves people want smaller phones is flawed logic. They want the iPhone because it's the iPhone. Now Apple has increased the screen size and offered an even bigger option and, guess what? Not only is the new model still extremely popular (meaning people are no less enticed by a larger screen), the larger Plus model is hugely popular (way more popular than I thought it'd be).

So in other words, people are buying the iPhone to have an iPhone. They are not necessarily buying it for the smaller screen. If the 6 had extremely poor sales then maybe we could conclude otherwise but obviously that's not the case.

Trust me I'm annoyed too but it seems every idiot wants a huge phone these days.
I don't necessarily agree with everything you have said. People are indeed buying the IPhone 6 because it's a new iPhone, but I think there are those who genuinely want a bigger phone. Calling them idiots is quite unnecessary. I personally will not be getting a phone under 5 inches. I held the og moto X and that thing felt like a toy for kids. Those with bigger hands probably like bigger phones. Even the 6 plus feels pretty good, but I'm sure you'll disagree and say it's too damn big.

mturco

I don't necessarily agree with everything you have said. People are indeed buying the IPhone 6 because it's a new iPhone, but I think there are those who genuinely want a bigger phone.
Oh for sure. Some people are. I just think the vast majority are going to buy the iPhone regardless of its size. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Let's just not come to false conclusions.

Calling them idiots is quite unnecessary.
That was just a joke. I'm just bitter nobody is making good midsize phones anymore.

Even the 6 plus feels pretty good, but I'm sure you'll disagree and say it's too damn big.
Yep, it is too damn big haha. But I'm good with the size options Apple is providing. I wish Google was offering the same two sizes for the Nexus this year.

Sony is the only one who doesn't make their mini phone gimped. If only the others took notice. The notion of smaller = low end is so ridiculous and completely out of thin air.

I wonder what phone sizes will be next year. When does it stop? Are we looking at 6.5-7 inches? Doesn't seem out of the realm of possibility considering the trends so far.

kehs

Banned
Sony is the only one who doesn't make their mini phone gimped. If only the others took notice. The notion of smaller = low end is so ridiculous and completely out of thin air.

I wonder what phone sizes will be next year. When does it stop? Are we looking at 6.5-7 inches? Doesn't seem out of the realm of possibility considering the trends so far.

Depends how you measure it though. I think you could fit a 6.5 in, full front screen in the body of an N5.

Looks at Z3 and Z3 Compact.

*blink*
*Nudges*

It blows my mind when I read reviews of mini phones. Purposely gimping the phone so more people buy the flagship phones is messed up. Hopefully Sony continues to make great mini phones.

6.5 might be Max. I just don't see 7 inches fitting in people's pockets.
I don't consider the Z3 midsize but you have a point with the Z3C. I just want a Nexus. You know I'm a Google/Nexus shill.

Also the Z3C would be much more tempting if it was 1080p.
Damn shills are all over the place!

A Z3C with a 1080p screen would basically reduce the Z3 sales lol.

You guys need to learn to get along. Let Android Jesus show you the way.

AB8MoUw.jpg

I just needed an excuse to post this drawing which I spent way too much time on.

Nakazato

What is the best way to back up your android device ?

Just got 4.4.4 update for my nexus 7 LTE just want to make sure if shit gets erased I can get it back

Anyone with the update notice any issues ?

NotBacon

Speaking of... What is this like the third or fourth publication to say this :)

http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/10/07/moto-x-2014-review-a-nearly-perfect-android-phone/

Same old same old.

Best fucking phone experience available, but longevity is lacking and that's a dealbreaker for many. Including me.

So you admit it's overpriced garbage that L can't fix? Finally, now we can move on.

Reading comprehension. Do you possess it?

You guys need to learn to get along. Let Android Jesus show you the way.

Printing brb

my preorder will ship long before any ITC investigation concludes and any import ban is in place.

assuming there even is a ban...

hey Nvidia, here's a good idea, make a SoC with a lower TDP than an Atom! something that you can put in a phone...

kehs

Banned
i want to assume I know what malyce is converting them to, but I recognize his post history, so it might not be a good thing.

Just saying.

I haven't upgraded my android phone in forever, so I'm out of the loop. Can I use a 64GB sdxc card formatted to ext4 in kitkat 4.4.4? Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom