• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT4| I/O Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mindwipe

While I am also annoyed at the trend towards larger and larger phones, I think pointing to the iPhone's success and claiming that it proves people want smaller phones is flawed logic. They want the iPhone because it's the iPhone. Now Apple has increased the screen size and offered an even bigger option and, guess what? Not only is the new model still extremely popular (meaning people are no less enticed by a larger screen), the larger Plus model is hugely popular (way more popular than I thought it'd be).

So in other words, people are buying the iPhone to have an iPhone. They are not necessarily buying it for the smaller screen. If the 6 had extremely poor sales then maybe we could conclude otherwise but obviously that's not the case.

Trust me I'm annoyed too but it seems every idiot wants a huge phone these days.

I'm not sure that follows. The amount of iPhone 6 and 6+ purchasers is still dwarfed by those who bought smaller phones, and we may see a dramatic uplift in sales of the 5S compared to the older models previously.

All I know is that frankly I'm struggling with how big even the Z3C is. I would happily chop some of this screen.

mturco

I'm not sure that follows. The amount of iPhone 6 and 6+ purchasers is still dwarfed by those who bought smaller phones, and we may see a dramatic uplift in sales of the 5S compared to the older models previously.

They sold a record breaking 10 million in the first week. I don't think the bigger size is giving too many people more than a slight hesitation before they realize they still want the new iPhone.

Also, the Z3C is too big for you? You're doomed lol.

kehs

Banned

All I know is that frankly I'm struggling with how big even the Z3C is. I would happily chop some of this screen.

The z3c is tiny.

Volotaire

HTC Livestram link

t1412798400z0.png

seriously? go find yourself a palm pre, lol.

Volotaire

To be honest, I can't even use the Moto G OG one handed (i.e. proper one hand operation). I have small hands. I don't mind up to 5 inches with anything over , counting dimensions sizes, maybe a bit uncomfortable. 5.5 is my limit or too much if it is the device's screen is edge to edge.

kehs

Banned
To be honest, I can't even use the Moto G OG one handed (i.e. proper one hand operation). I have small hands. I don't mind up to 5 inches with anything over , counting dimensions sizes, maybe a bit uncomfortable. 5.5 is my limit or too much if it is the device's screen is edge to edge.

The moto g is kinda slippery, it's better with the grip case.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook

AkuMifune

Banned
Hardware is old, and not just kinda old. It's basically a Nexus 4 with Moto enhancements.

If you need to get something on the cheap to keep unlimited data you could do worse, but I think you could do better.

Feels like very little choice on Verizon, and yeah I need something cheap to last me 5 months until my contract is up. Want to keep it under $250 and want android.

I guess I could be looking at LG G2's? I still like the look of the Moto X better.

thespot84

Feels like very little choice on Verizon, and yeah I need something cheap to last me 5 months until my contract is up. Want to keep it under $250 and want android.

I guess I could be looking at LG G2's? I still like the look of the Moto X better.

the functional enhancements on the moto x make it a great daily driver, regardless of the specs. For $250 I don't think you could do much better, especially if it's temporary.

My fiance broke her LG G2 and I am trying to find a good option for her phone wise now. She is on contract with Verizon and with a budget for $200-300 what are some good options?

AkuMifune

Banned
My fiance broke her LG G2 and I am trying to find a good option for her phone wise now. She is on contract with Verizon and with a budget for $200-300 what are some good options?

She can go the Verizon Edge route and pick up something new from them she'll pay off for two years, or like me, scour eBay for a decent Moto X, (another) LG G2 or maybe a Galaxy S4. I have my mind set on the 1st Gen Moto X for specs/price, but only looking to survive a few months before I can ditch Verizon. If I were staying I'd probably go with the Verizon Edge route and just get a new 2nd Gen Moto X.

Not sure about her case, but it might also be worth it just to pay for a repair. In my case the repair of my Lumia 928 would be $200 so I'd rather just go back to android and wait it out.

Jigolo

update wednesdays. every Wednesday for a while have been filled with app updates and announcements which is why I asked if you all were ready

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
VERIZON 4G LTE AT YOUR FINGERTIPS, PROVIDED BY AMERICAS BIGGEST 4G LTE NETWORK

nexus2cee_image12.png

Thanks to MotoFirmware.com, Motorola's Droid Turbo has just broken cover in a detailed quick-start guide to the device covering its form factor, features, and much more.

The device, as has been rumored, has a 5.2" display. Besides that, it's got capacitive navigation keys, a big 21MP camera unit (with Moto's dual flash), and of course Moto's secret sauce including Moto Actions, Display, and Connect.

The guide doesn't show the back of the device, and while we can't post source materials, we know that the back has a flash configuration different from the new Moto X - rather than a ring configuration, there's a flash on either side of the camera without a ring, spaced a bit farther apart than on the X. Below that is Moto's logo in a slight circular relief.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/1...splay-21mp-camera-wireless-charging-and-more/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom