• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT4| I/O Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.

kehs

Banned
VERIZON 4G LTE AT YOUR FINGERTIPS, PROVIDED BY AMERICAS BIGGEST 4G LTE NETWORK

nexus2cee_image12.png

http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/1...splay-21mp-camera-wireless-charging-and-more/

Punit Soni is ashamed.

Toki767

The biggest surprise isn't the camera or capacitive buttons.

It's that there isn't a Verizon logo in the front of the phone.

I'm on stock android. I'm looking to upgrade to the Xperia Z3 and wanted to know if it was out of the box functionality in Kitkat.
nope.

I'm not sure that follows. The amount of iPhone 6 and 6+ purchasers is still dwarfed by those who bought smaller phones, and we may see a dramatic uplift in sales of the 5S compared to the older models previously.

All I know is that frankly I'm struggling with how big even the Z3C is. I would happily chop some of this screen.
you need a time machine.

The biggest surprise isn't the camera or capacitive buttons.

It's that there isn't a Verizon logo in the front of the phone.
indeed!

vpance

Any good browsers out there with a scroll bar feature? I'm completely used to having it now on my iPad with Atomic.

NotBacon

Well we already know the current one sucks. So this can't be any worse.

Also they all get their shit from Sony so we can semi deduce what this probably is sensor wise.

Doesn't matter. You're claiming they should have put this sensor in the Moto X, solely off the fact that it's 21 MP. Assuming it has the same Sony sensor and everything, it might actually produce WORSE images at the full 21 MP if the Z3 is anything to go by.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Doesn't matter. You're claiming they should have put this sensor in the Moto X, solely off the fact that it's 21 MP. Assuming it has the same Sony sensor and everything, it might actually produce WORSE images at the full 21 MP if the Z3 is anything to go by.

Are you actually trying to claim the Z3 takes worse pics than the Moto X?

What? The Z3 takes some of the best pictures aound. It rivals the Iphone in this regard. Same cannot be said of the Moto X.

Windam

Scaley member
Anyone know where to get the stock Android 4.4 Gallery apk with working editing tools? The gallery app on the OnePlus One sucks. The Gallery apk I found always crashed when I tried to edit photos.

Thanks The Faceless Master. So what's the best file format to make use of the 64gb card? I want to load up movies bigger than 4gb without splitting. Sigh.

NotBacon

What? The Z3 takes some of the best pictures aound. It rivals the Iphone in this regard. Same cannot be said of the Moto X.

Are you actually trying to claim the Z3 takes worse pics than the Moto X?

What?

All I'm saying is more MP != better quality.

There are many examples of this. So I don't know why you think pairing more MP with the same subpar Moto camera software all of a sudden is going to be better.

Fatalah

I still can't believe how buggy Hangouts is. I received a voicemail today, and I can't even listen to it from my laptop. What the hell Google? Fix your shit.

kehs

Banned
What?

All I'm saying is more MP != better quality.

There are many examples of this. So I don't know why you think pairing more MP with the same subpar Moto camera software all of a sudden is going to be better.

The Z3/C cameras take better pictures than the Moto X.

It's not an opinion, it's a fact. I have access to both.

You guys are being purposely obtuse. You know what he was trying to say about megapixels, and it's an inarguable fact. You're arguing something he isn't saying.

kehs

Banned
You guys are being purposely obtuse. You know what he was trying to say about megapixels, and it's an inarguable fact. You're arguing something he isn't saying.

You're claiming they should have put this sensor in the Moto X, solely off the fact that it's 21 MP. Assuming it has the same Sony sensor and everything, it might actually produce WORSE images at the full 21 MP if the Z3 is anything to go by.

bacon is being pretty specific.

No, pixels dont automatically mean better pixels. But specifically in this case, they are better pixels.

Software aside, it's a better more dense sensor.

e:

I am appalled at the capacitive buttons. Why is it so bard to release a Moto X with a bigger battery and sd card support?

That screen is filled with a bunch of drooooid shit, and extra apps. Punit made it a point to avoid doing that, but now that it's lenovo...who cares.

---
96dGDOj.png

Such a great picture.

NotBacon

Yea you did, check your own posts.

Hmm let's see here:

-Someone wonders why 21MP camera wasn't put in Moto X
-I say it probably wouldn't matter considering MP count != quality and it's the same Moto software
-I bring up example of how Z3/C performs worse at full 21MP (vs its 8MP shots), driving home the point that MP count != quality.

Well there you go. You're lucky I'm bored or I wouldn't be dealing with your shit right now.

Ding ding ding.
It's actually kind of sad. If you want to get a rise out of someone, go pick on osiris, he's more fun.

kehs

Banned
Hmm let's see here:

-I say it probably wouldn't matter considering MP count != quality and it's the same Moto software
-I bring up example of how Z3/C performs worse at full 21MP (vs its 8MP shots), driving home the point that MP count != quality.

Well there you go. You're lucky I'm bored or I wouldn't be dealing with your shit right now.

Ding ding ding.
It's actually kind of sad. If you want to get a rise out of someone, go pick on osiris, he's more fun.

k
Assuming it has the same Sony sensor and everything, it might actually produce WORSE images at the full 21 MP if the Z3 is anything to go by.

Hmm let's see here:

Ding ding ding.

Leave me out of your tiff, son.

kehs

Banned
That is a sentence. Are you having trouble understanding that sentence?
If you are, please refer to my previous post. That is all.

The 8mp shots are processed from the 21 mp sensor( a sensor that is quite good).

Even the 8 mp shots are better than the moto x shots.

Moto(and to an extension google) is really bad at their camera processing. Maybe once L hits it wont matter so we have RAW data, but currently, they're fucking it up.

But yea, mp count is pointless because motox da best

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom