• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT4| I/O Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Furyous

Rumor on the twittersphere is...

screenshot2014-10-09a83uhj.png

I'm fine with this price of $725.56 IF it comes with an SD card slot. I convinced an ATT sales rep to sell me an LG G3 off contract for $614.

I still plan on getting an iPhone 6 because I've spent well over $2000 on iPhone apps and refuse to leave that on the table.

I'm so conflicted with all this and need help making a purchase. The LG G3 feels the slightly wider than the iPhone 6 in hand which is saying a megaton because it has a larger screen. I picked up an LG G2 by accident and didn't realize it until I remembered watching videos of the LG G2 skin. The colors look Samsungish on the device which is cool.

The 805, QHD, and 3200 mAh is worth roughly $750 based on the price of the LG G3 Cat 6. This is a Nexus so they need to come to market with a decreased price. I'd pay $750 for a pure stock 5.2 inch, QHD, LTE, 3200 Mah, NFC, Android smartphone.

It's either LG G3 or Nexus 6 AND iPhone 6 or LG G3 AND iPhone 6. Which combo should i go with?

Has Android GAF shat on the iPhone 6 plus yet? That shit feels like a tablet. One handed mode didn't work on the unit I used so it was chore navigating that phone. All Apple had to do was give the 6 at least 1080p 401+ PPI and 128 GB option but no... THEY DUN FUCKED IT UP. It's hard to justify spending $900 on a phone without 1080p. Don't get it fucked up, sub 323 PPI is still some peasant shit.

I hate having to make all these decisions.

SimleuqiR

Currencies.

How do they work?
j1qDYRz.png

I'm more interested in the HTC Nexus Table, and I'm one that originally hated the idea of HTC taking over the Nexus Tablets.

I lost all interest in the Nexus 6, X, or whatever, just on the shear size and the almost certain chance that it does not have wireless charging.

Toki767

I'm fine with this price of $725.56 IF it comes with an SD card slot. I convinced an ATT sales rep to sell me an LG G3 off contract for $614.

I still plan on getting an iPhone 6 because I've spent well over $2000 on iPhone apps and refuse to leave that on the table.

I'm so conflicted with all this and need help making a purchase. The LG G3 feels the slightly wider than the iPhone 6 in hand which is saying a megaton because it has a larger screen. I picked up an LG G2 by accident and didn't realize it until I remembered watching videos of the LG G2 skin. The colors look Samsungish on the device which is cool.

The 805, QHD, and 3200 mAh is worth roughly $750 based on the price of the LG G3 Cat 6. This is a Nexus so they need to come to market with a decreased price. I'd pay $750 for a pure stock 5.2 inch, QHD, LTE, 3200 Mah, NFC, Android smartphone.

It's either LG G3 or Nexus 6 AND iPhone 6 or LG G3 AND iPhone 6. Which combo should i go with?

Has Android GAF shat on the iPhone 6 plus yet? That shit feels like a tablet. One handed mode didn't work on the unit I used so it was chore navigating that phone. All Apple had to do was give the 6 at least 1080p 401+ PPI and 128 GB option but no... THEY DUN FUCKED IT UP. It's hard to justify spending $900 on a phone without 1080p. Don't get it fucked up, sub 323 PPI is still some peasant shit.

The G3 is $580 at AT&T. I think even a couple weeks ago Amazon was selling it for $530 off contract. It will be pretty sad if the G3 ends up being cheaper than the Nexus. Not I don't think it'd be worth the money paying for the 805. I just don't see the Nexus 6 taking off for a variety of reasons. Size and potential price being the main factors.

Groof

They honestly could've just left the logo in the back and it would looked fine. No, Verizon had to copy and paste it on BOTH SIDES. It's ugly af now

isn't this what verizon always does?

be glad they didn't require them to change the home key to a verizon logo as well.

Jigolo

The G3 is $580 at AT&T. I think even a couple weeks ago Amazon was selling it for $530 off contract. It will be pretty sad if the G3 ends up being cheaper than the Nexus. Not I don't think it'd be worth the money paying for the 805. I just don't see the Nexus 6 taking off for a variety of reasons. Size and potential price being the main factors.
no nexus has ever "took off" and that really isn't the purpose of those devices. although I agree, us within the tech community are probably going to be less inclined to get one because of those 2 reasons. I sure as hell wouldn't buy one

NotBacon

u wot

gcubed

So it's basically a new Maxx like some thought. Why Motorola doesn't just put big batteries in all their devices not named the Moto G and Moto E is beyond me.

because they have to surround it with an ugly ass case full of gradients and whizz bang noises. DROOOIIIDDDD

verizons entire concept of droid design is based in the 90s.

The verizon z3 had 7 logos on them. Does Sony have no respect for their phone? Why is there a NFC logo on it. Why put that G next to the camera. These companies slay me.

the question seems to be a variant of "do they need to be there?" so it wouldn't matter if they were always there or not.
That's what I'm saying. All it shows is they have no taste. Which is odd considering they take the time to design such nice phones and then disrespek them like that. Putting that G there is like apple putting iSight next to theirs. And the NFC logo? Is THAT a joke? The verizon one I get but it looks like Sony is competing with verizon to see who can put more logos on the phone.

Don't even get me started on logos on the front of devices, like HTC and their triple bottom bezel.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
The verizon z3 had 7 logos on them. Does Sony have no respect for their phone? Why is there a NFC logo on it. Why put that G next to the camera. These companies slay me.

Sony being so protective of their devices is why no US carrier has really picked them up until recently...if you wanna survive, you gotta play carrier's games

unless you're apple

Sony being so protective of their devices is why no US carrier has really picked them up until recently...if you wanna survive, you gotta play carrier's games
it's one way canada wins. No carrier logos on our shit.

It's their own logos that bother me. Put one on the back and let it go. Front logos need to die. Does only Apple and Motorola respect themselves? Not sure if LG has come around on that, haven't noticed.

VoxPop

I don't know how you Verizon users stand all those Verizon logos on your phones. At least the AT&T logo is a little nicer and less hideous.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
I don't know how you Verizon users stand all those Verizon logos on your phones. At least the AT&T logo is a little nicer and less hideous.

I'm actually amazed ATT has stopped branding devices so much actually. I remember when they did the double logo just as Verizon did

because they have to surround it with an ugly ass case full of gradients and whizz bang noises. DROOOIIIDDDD

verizons entire concept of droid design is based in the 90s.
It really is terrible. I hate the DROID brand so much. That aside, it makes no sense to me why Motorola would not put a big battery in the Moto X, their flagship that's on every carrier. I think Motorola could've been the "battery life" manufacturer years ago if they didn't make stupid decisions like only putting big batteries in Verizon exclusive phones.

<3 Sprint

they're the best in the US when it comes to carrier branding.

Either that or they are ashamed.

It really is terrible. I hate the DROID brand so much. That aside, it makes no sense to me why Motorola would not put a big battery in the Moto X, their flagship that's on every carrier. I think Motorola could've been the "battery life" manufacturer years ago if they didn't make stupid decisions like only putting big batteries in Verizon exclusive phones.

Well Verizon probably demands the big battery so they have a selling point. There isn't any reason to buy a DROIIIID branded device over another device these days otherwise.

Massa

If you're buying off contract it makes no sense to get an iPhone. You could probably get an iPad for your apps and a Nexus 6 for less than an iPhone 6.

Heck, if you're buying off contract it may best to get one of last year's flagship phones. They're usually half the price and offer way better value.

Maybe Verizon moneyhatted Motorola for rights to larger batteries in the Droid line?

Material Play Store:

http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/1...-and-moves-whats-new-to-the-top-apk-download/

Excuse me while I open the navigation drawer a million times.

Either that or they are ashamed.

Well Verizon probably demands the big battery so they have a selling point. There isn't any reason to buy a DROIIIID branded device over another device these days otherwise.
That makes sense.

Maybe Verizon moneyhatted Motorola for rights to larger batteries in the Droid line?
Just the thought of moneyhatting battery size is hilarious. I wouldn't put it past Verizon though.

WSJ is reporting the new Nexus will be indeed a 5.9 inch screen.

http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2014/10...f-a-phone-will-make-splash-in-phablet-market/

Material Play Store:

http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/1...-and-moves-whats-new-to-the-top-apk-download/

Excuse me while I open the navigation drawer a million times.

That makes sense.

Just the thought of moneyhatting battery size is hilarious. I wouldn't put it past Verizon though.

Yes yes L and the Nexus 6 are close now!!!

I gotta be ready to hit that store link to buy the 6 when it comes available. I have a OPO now, but I'll use both and sell the one I don't want to keep.

GTI Guy

My 2 year contract is up next month and am thinking about going andriod. Ive been using windows phone for the last 3 years or so and prior to that I used iPhones for 3-4 years. I'm interested in staying with windows phone but they aren't putting anything cool for ATT anytime soon.

What can I expect from the OS experience and what phone should I be looking at?

I'm currently using a Nokia 920 and am ok with going a bit bigger but don't want a phablet.

Your advice is appreciated. &#128515;

Aesius

Such hate on Verizon here.

Say what you want but Verizon saved my ass multiple times driving across the country this summer.

My gf has T-Mobile and lost service constantly, whereas I had full coverage even in the middle of fucking nowhere in Utah and Nevada.

Obviously most people don't need that kind of coverage, but it's very nice to have if you travel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom