• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT4| I/O Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.

pooptest

It's looking more and more dire for AT&T getting the Z3... Sigh, maybe the Z4. I've been debating getting an iPhone 6 then selling it for the Z4 when it comes out (unlocked it still no AT&T).

U2NUMB

The G Watch is on sale at Best Buy for $150. Kinda tempted to play with one.

Hummm... while I sort of want a wear watch I was not willing to pay full price. This is tempting.. its 159.99 by the way.

Reviews on it seem pretty solid, I may bite tonight after I have a chance to go look at it and try it on.

Mindwipe

Disable vine, it sucks you can't uninstall but it's a workaround.

I know, but I really don't like Vine as a service, so having it as undeletable bloatware feels really very silly. It's not like it has a system level function.

Whats the playback bug in g music?

Gapless playback doesn't work. Apparently a one line change fixes it if you're rooted, so hopefully a software fix will come fairly quickly.

Every smartphone camera sucks compared to apple. Once L hits though, coupled with the the new google camera app. It's gonna be bananas.

I hope so, but ultimately the camera app still relies on Sony's firmware and drivers, even post L.

Had my Z3c since last week and really liking it. Not sure about some of your qualms, though maybe I've just not encountered them yet. For example:

-Nfc logo. Do you mean the really tiny symbol on the back of the phone? Because if so personally thats so small and on the back that it doesn't matter in the slightest.

No, I mean the one on the status bar, that the only way to get rid of is to disable NFC. And the menu to hide icons in the status bar doesn't include that icon.

-Contacts, are you wanting it to not actively select contacts from Facebook and Skype?

Skype puts it's contacts into your address book and for some inexplicable reason they are read only and can't be deleted unless you remove all Skype contacts entirely.

-Two camera buttons, do you mean the on screen Button and the physical one, don't mind it.

It's not the end of the world, it's just superfluous, and the emergency call and ICE buttons make that screen a little crowd already.

-Vine, not got that installed in the first place so doesn't concern myself.

It's pre-installed on mine.

For the avoidance of doubt, I love the phone. They're not big niggles. Just things I would hope a software update fixes at some point.

wario

Not a problem. So should I go directly to Walmart and set up the plan or online? Thanks

don't need to go to walmart. just buy a sim card activation kit(less than $10 on amazon) and activate online through the t-mobile.com website. you can't activate in-store at t-mobile as this plan is a t-mobile online/walmart exclusive. i believe buying at walmart requires a purchase of a phone as well.

NotBacon

There's always awesome strides being made in battery tech (Nanowire, titanium dioxide nanotubes, etc.).

I just want these in some damn consumer devices!!

don't need to go to walmart. just buy a sim card activation kit(less than $10 on amazon) and activate online through the t-mobile.com website. you can't activate in-store at t-mobile as this plan is a t-mobile online/walmart exclusive. i believe buying at walmart requires a purchase of a phone as well.

Then what is the process for paying my monthly bill? Do I go to the walmart website every 30 days and get a code or something? This is very foreign coming from a traditional contract.

wario

Then what is the process for paying my monthly bill? Do I go to the walmart website every 30 days and get a code or something? This is very foreign coming from a traditional contract.

after you active your SIM card, set up an account at https://my.t-mobile.com. you can either pay through their website or just download the t-mobile app and pay through your phone.

after you active your SIM card, set up an account at https://my.t-mobile.com. you can either pay through their website or just download the t-mobile app and pay through your phone.

Thanks Wario. I just paid my bill but I will make the switch as soon as I get my new phone. 5gb of 4G LTE? Yes please. Plus in New York City, T mobile has amazing coverage and is right behind Verizon in the city for the fastest 4G LTE speeds. I thank everyone for their help.

Jigolo

Thanks Wario. I just paid my bill but I will make the switch as soon as I get my new phone. 5gb of 4G LTE? Yes please. Plus in New York City, T mobile has amazing coverage and is right behind Verizon in the city for the fastest 4G LTE speeds. I thank everyone for their help.
Yup 4g LTE up to 5 gigs. Z3c + this plan seems great

Yup 4g LTE up to 5 gigs. Z3c + this plan seems great

For me it will most likely be the Z3. I'd have to buy the phone unlocked but I saved up money for a new phone so I'm ready. However, if Android L is some amazing savior I will reconsider the Moto X. I haven't completely abandoned it yet.

NotBacon

It almost feels like robbery considering I'm looking at a T-mobile ad on gaf right now for $50 for 1gb LTE haha. I guess it has unlimited talk, but I could limit that easily.

Can anyone comment on T-mobile coverage/speed in Portland/Vancouver specifically?

Furyous

I need someone to convince me not to buy an LG G3.

I have an iPhone 5 that is chugging along but a good three to four months away from dying due to battery issues.

I can afford an off contract LG G3 but I'm not sure I should get it. The major things that stick out are the value proposition that consists of QHD screen, NFC, SD card slot, AND the promise of ART in the next Android L update. This phone could seriously benefit from Android L's ART IMHO.

I can't buy a Moto X because i don't think it will last me for 24 months. The HTC M8 isn't for me due to the camera. The Z3/C/V has camera issues once you unlock the boot loader. I'll never buy a Samsung smartphone because I hate their copying. I'm open to a Nexus device if has the 805 and that other option that I keep requesting. The OPO isn't available in the US.

Once again, tell me why I shouldn't buy an LG G3, please.

Toki767

I have an iPhone 5 that is chugging along but a good three to four months away from dying due to battery issues.

I can afford an off contract LG G3 but I'm not sure I should get it. The major things that stick out are the value proposition that consists of QHD screen, NFC, SD card slot, AND the promise of ART in the next Android L update. This phone could seriously benefit from Android L's ART IMHO.

I can't buy a Moto X because i don't think it will last me for 24 months. The HTC M8 isn't for me due to the camera. The Z3/C/V has camera issues once you unlock the boot loader. I'll never buy a Samsung smartphone because I hate their copying. I'm open to a Nexus device if has the 805 and that other option that I keep requesting. The OPO isn't available in the US.

The G4 is right around the corner.

I held the Note 4 on my hands today..... And now I loathe my Note 3. That new N4 just oozes quality! It felt awesome in my hand (and I have an upgrade available....) decisions, decisions!

spwolf

I played with Z3 and Z3c today... gotta say, Z3 is stunning. I liked it way, way better than Z, Z1 or Z2.

I am seriously thinking of buying Z3 instead of Z3c now.

because the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 exists. get a G2 over a G3.

....what?

Volotaire

I think there are plenty of other reasons to dislike Samsung's handset rather than their 'copying' like their UI design. Otherwise, there is no point in purchasing nearly any/if not any consumer electronics that have existed, since nearly every innovation on the past new decades have been microinnovations or innovations that have lent themselves from academic discoveries. Not to mention it's a very odd reason not to purchase a device, it makes it seem you are invest ed in the company. But for all I know, you could be invested in some of the other company's stock. 😈

Omega

Banned
I put cyanogen mod on my Nexus 5, really just want to get rid of it. When Android L releases, will I be prompted for an update? or do I have to get back stock settings

Avixph

But you're okay with LG's copying of Samsung?

NotBacon

I............ I............

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Is anyone elses SwiftKey running like absolute shit lately? It seems to be mainly while using it in Whatsapp, it just becomes unresponsive and sometimes crashes(completely disappears). It's really pissing me off, but I don't wanna switch keyboards because of how used to it I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom