• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT4| I/O Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jzero

447x745xmyce-android-lollipop2-614x1024.png.pagespeed.ic.dTsIo3Dcd1.png

That lollipop doesn't look fake at all.

jesalr

On the train to Scotland tomorrow, will do a lot of refreshing to see if the N6 is available. Will probably buy it and then return it if it's no good.

iavi

the 'leaks' are rolling hot and heavy today. That reveal tomorrow is seeming kind of true.

L. Big ol' screen. Big ol battery. Dual front facing speakers. And micro-sd = instabuy.

do it google

What's the word on the Nexus 6's camera? And battery?

Since I wasn't seriously considering getting it prior to today, I haven't been following it that closely.

Part of me is thinking on selling mine too. I like it, but I don't love it. We'll see the craic tomorrow.

If the size is the same and it is $399 or less I'll get it. I don't want a phone bigger than the OPO. Getting the fast updates will be great and I can still flash CM11S apps from th e OPO onto it.

Blackhead

Redarse
Really? Is that how bad the used phone market is over there? In here used Nexus 5's are being sold for ~200-230€ a pop, 32gb would easily net you 250€+

Gazelle price is different from used priced. The resale value of Nexus devices on Craigslist/Kijiji is much higher

belvedere

Junior Butler
I was prepared to sell my OPO as well for the N6, but if the spec rumors are to be believed, I'll just stick with the OPO. I don't want to sacrifice storage, size and potentially the camera for timely updates.

SimleuqiR

I was prepared to sell my OPO as well for the N6, but if the spec rumors are to be believed, I'll just stick with the OPO. I don't want to sacrifice storage, size and potentially the camera for timely updates.

Specs are pretty much a given. Doubt that Google will surprise anyone when they officially announce it.

If it is bigger than the OPO I'll stick with it too. Don't see how the camera could be worse. It is probably using the same sensor and you can install the OPO camera software on the N6. Storage is not a big deal to me. I never have a lot of stuff installed on my phone.

belvedere

Junior Butler
If it is bigger than the OPO I'll stick with it too. Don't see how the camera could be worse. It is probably using the same sensor and you can install the OPO camera software on the N6. Storage is not a big deal to me. I never have a lot of stuff installed on my phone.

Yeah, size is the main thing honestly. I can't imagine trying to use anything larger than 5.5" (whoa). I'm actually quite impressed with the camera, after getting used to its quirks I've found it to be damn capable. I've actually been leaving the DSLR at home. The low light is predictably grainy, but that Sony sensor can produce some great shots.

That said, I hope CM/OnePlus stays true to their word and gets L on the OPO within a couple of months.

Yeah, size is the main thing honestly. I can't imagine trying to use anything larger than 5.5" (whoa). I'm actually quite impressed with the camera, after getting used to its quirks I've found it to be damn capable. I've actually been leaving the DSLR at home. The low light is predictably grainy, but that Sony sensor can produce some great shots.

That said, I hope CM/OnePlus stays true to their word and gets L on the OPO within a couple of months.

Nightlies will probably be up a week or two after L gets released, which could be tomorrow!

malyce

You expandable storage believers are gonna be in for a world of hurt this week. A hurt that may even rival the purchasing of a Moto X 2014.

The only way I see Nexus having expandable storage again is if Google does a Windows Phone in L and makes the OS see expandable as part of the internal storage. Highly unlikely though.

Aside from that, I believe this will be the first Nexus with very good battery life, assuming the 3200mAh+ plus size is actually true. I'm also hoping this is a return to OLED displays for Nexus phones. They are the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom