• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT4| I/O Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm, Oreo is in that video. That's not a generic dessert. It has two question marks after it. There are two versions (M,N) between L and O.

Oreo is Android O, confirmed!!

Edit:
L is definitely Lollipop though. The video title Sweeeeet has the same amount of letters as Lollipop.

NotBacon

You expandable storage believers are gonna be in for a world of hurt this week. A hurt that may even rival the purchasing of a Moto X 2014.

The sweet sweet pain of a phone that doesn't suck. Where were you when I purchased the 2013 X? I could have avoided that catastrophe! I didn't even know it sucked but now I do thanks for letting me know!

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Awesome, the grand L/5.0 launch seems close now! And the N6, of course. I'll be sticking with my N5 for another year though, so I just hope they get the L factory images up in a timely fashion.

The only way I see Nexus having expandable storage again is if Google does a Windows Phone in L and makes the OS see expandable as part of the internal storage. Highly unlikely though.

Aside from that, I believe this will be the first Nexus with very good battery life, assuming the 3200mAh+ plus size is actually true. I'm also hoping this is a return to OLED displays for Nexus phones. They are the best.

Android one phones have sd card slot. Maybe Sundar Pichai likes SD cards more than Andy Rubin did.

malyce

The sweet sweet pain of a phone that doesn't suck. Where were you when I purchased the 2013 X? I could have avoided that catastrophe! I didn't even know it sucked but now I do thanks for letting me know!

I was just ranting breh, no need to take it personal
vylPlIA.png

Well, it won't get official support, but I'm sure the community will hack together a decent rom for it. Decent enough, at least.

I only go for custom ROMs anyways, so that's fine with me. If L can iron out some of the N10's performance issues and boost the battery life a little bit, I'll stick with it for a bit longer. Same goes for my N4.

kehs

Banned
I just picked up my motog after a week or so.

Sony makes amazing products. Even taking into account the price difference.

Its a whole nother level.

Do Nexus phones usually have good resale value in the first couple of weeks after they go on sale? Is it easy to make a profit?
meh, it depends on stock/availability/demand/etc. Every year people try to flip them for profit but it doesn't always work out considering half the point of getting them is for the cheaper price off contract.

meh, it depends on stock/availability/demand/etc. Every year people try to flip them for profit but it doesn't always work out considering half the point of getting them is for the cheaper price off contract.

Ahh ok

Oh noes a scalper! Someone quick call the people we call about this!

Nah, I just want to try it out and compare it to my OPO. I'll keep whichever is better, but if the Nexus ends up being too big I don't want to take a loss on it.

Ahh ok

Nah, I just want to try it out and compare it to my OPO. I'll keep whichever is better, but if the Nexus ends up being too big I don't want to take a loss on it.
I don't think the bezels are small enough to make up the almost .5 inch difference in screen size. I'd be blown away if it was smaller. BLOOWOWOWOWN away.

From the leaks it looks like it'll be at least a little bigger than the note 4 which is 5.7 inches with pretty small bezels. Maybe slightly bigger. But it might be negligible for you even if it is bigger. I feel like if you're already using a huge phone, what's another 8mm.

I don't think the bezels are small enough to make up the almost .5 inch difference in screen size. I'd be blown away if it was smaller. BLOOWOWOWOWN away.

From the leaks it looks like it'll be at least a little bigger than the note 4 which is 5.7 inches with pretty small bezels. Maybe slightly bigger. But it might be negligee for you even if it is bigger. I feel like if you're already using a huge phone, what's another 8mm.

Yeah I'll think I'll prefer the N6 as long as battery and ram are decent.

Oh shiiiiiiiii https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2H8eIjuf2ok

Sky Chief

I'm getting the N6 for sure, don't know yet if I will be keeping my OPO as a backup or selling it yet. The OPO is a great phone, especially for the price but it is just a little janky compared to a Nexus device. I find myslef having to reboot it every few days when the GPS won't work or something. I still think it is better than just about any non-Nexus device though. With the rumored battery in the N6 I think it will be pretty impossible to beat for some time.

I'm getting the N6 for sure, don't know yet if I will be keeping my OPO as a backup or selling it yet. The OPO is a great phone, especially for the price but it is just a little janky compared to a Nexus device. I find myslef having to reboot it every few days when the GPS won't work or something. I still think it is better than just about any non-Nexus device though. With the rumored battery in the N6 I think it will be pretty impossible to beat for some time.

Cyanogen is always janky. Still my phone call quality is shit, which didn't happen on my Galaxy S4. I'm hoping the Nexus will be better. Front facing stereo speakers is something I'm looking forward to as well as the quad hd screen. If the price is $499 though I'm going to have to pass. $399 and I'm getting it for sure the minute preorders go up.

Looks like Google pushed out a dogfood build of Chrome Beta. Also, when I updated, it screwed with my floating window xposed module and made every app opened come up in a floating window. I thought it was a new feature for a second, haha.

I didn't see anything else new besides the Reading Mode.

Edit: Saw the AP article. I guess it's just the Reader Mode feature that's dogfed, not the whole app.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom