• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT4| I/O Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca

manfestival

Honestly, I loved the size of the Evo 4G back a few years ago. If they made the phone thinner and gave it all of the goodies of today. I would be freaking sold. The whole big phone fad is just annoying. Even budget phones are shifting to this. I love my moto g but man that is a big phone.

ALSO I NEED THIS NEXUS ANNOUNCEMENT NOW

and will be available on the Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Nexus 10, and Google Play Edition devices in the coming weeks.

WHY IS IT SO HARD TO GIVE OUT A PROPER RELEASE DATE. Now I have to ask every day when they're going to release it! This literally changes nothing!

e: I also hate the new app switcher and the phone icon. So bad.

Hasney

No N4 support? Ugh fuck off

Yes, fuck off underpowered phone, to the scrap heap where you belong.

There will probably be some custom ROMs for it though. I shudder to think about the performance.

EDIT: Ignore me, getting it mixed up with the Galaxy Nexus in terms of spec and age.

That article is talking about when it starts from though. Nexus 4 might just be a bit later.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk yyyyeeeeahhhhhhhhhhhbbvhhhhhhhghggggg!!!!!!

Man... Nexus 4 sent to die huh?

Actually, yeah, that surprises me a little. Unless The Verge forgot to update that news article they wrote a month ago, no Nexus 4 release of 5.0 is a really bad move. But it might still come out later, considering they had a preview build for that phone.

HawkeyeIC

WHAAAT:

Nexus 9 and Nexus Player will be available for pre-order on October 17 and in stores starting November 3. Nexus 6 will be available for pre-order in late October and in stores in November—with options for an unlocked version though Play store, or a monthly contract or installment plan through carriers, including AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, U.S. Cellular and Verizon. Specific carrier rollout will be subject to certification completion and will vary. Check out google.com/nexus for more details on availability.

SDK in two days and yes, no 5.0 for the Nexus 4.

Android 5.0 Lollipop, which comes on Nexus 6, Nexus 9 and Nexus Player, will also be available on Nexus 5, 7, 10 and Google Play edition devices in the coming weeks.

Drifters

That's a big ass battery. Come on battery life and cheap off-contract price, baby.

Thank fuck for no 16GB version.
Yup. I'm trying to figure out how carrier bloat is going to affect the overall performance. Seems like Google swallowed some crow to do this.

teiresias

Nexus 6 price is crappy. I hope that's not indicating no more sub-$400 Nexus devices moving forward.

Also crappy there's no N4 support in Lollipop. WTF are you doing Google?!

teiresias

Did people really expect a cheap price with the specs the 6 has? Of course it is 650.

That better mean the N5 is sticking around then. There's no way I want a 6" phone, and certainly not at that price, so if my N5 ever kicks it I better be able to buy a replacement.

Drifters

You people haven't even imagined active notifications like I have on my Nexus 6. This alone is going to be 2-3 day battery life easily.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
That better mean the N5 is sticking around then. There's no way I want a 6" phone, and certainly not at that price, so if my N5 ever kicks it I better be able to buy a replacement.

It looks like the N5 is indeed sticking around. It's prominently displayed as an option right next to the N6, the N9 and the Player. Don't think they would do that if they were discontinuing the phone. No spec bump though, but that's not really necessary. It's still a great phone that will keep running everything smoothly for quite some time.

Drifters

Love how google announces 3 new products and a new operating system, but basically gives no details on pricing/availability.
Umm not really? October 29th pre-order for the N6, pre-order for the N9 on the 17th. Both products in brick and mortar by early Nov.

Cheebo

Banned
no prices, vague dates. the information is out there. but just announce it in the blog
They announced the pricing. 649 starting price for the 6 399 starting price for the 9. Full pricing was in press releases for press. Look at the verge for example. All pricing info is there.

PriitV

I'm disappointed. I'm not going to pay 650$ (650€ when eu pricing gets leaked) for the Nexus 6, I'd rather go the 1+1 route.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom