• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT4| I/O Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotBacon

Yeah, I just can't afford to buy one or put money down.

I really like the form factor of the Moto X and personalization options, but the G2 just seems so much better. A little larger than I'd like (the HTC HD7 was the only phone I thought was the perfect size) but since both are "free", I gotta go with the better of the two.

I currently use a Kyocera Event since I've been so broke, so really anything is a dramatic improvement over this piece of shit.

Eh this is tough. I would recommend the Moto X because Moto, but for future-proofness the G2 has higher spec internals....

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
g3vzw.png

FOUR GEE LTE/XLTE

I find there is no fucking point to putting it on the FACE of the phone. when you use your phone (calling) the back faces out and shows. Let it stay on the back. Plus, has showing it on the front EVER given them more sales? If anything, I think it's hurt the sales. Even my fucking GS4 doesn't have anything on the front...

VoxPop

I find there is no fucking point to putting it on the FACE of the phone. when you use your phone (calling) the back faces out and shows. Let it stay on the back. Plus, has showing it on the front EVER given them more sales? If anything, I think it's hurt the sales. Even my fucking GS4 doesn't have anything on the front...

i605_600x600_xlarge_cf_1.jpg

dat button

surprised they didn't slap it on the note 3

Groof

YOU MUST KNOW

AT

ALL

TIMES

Avixph

lol what is with Verizon's obsession with engraving their logo on the front face AND the back of the phone?

I'm guessing in case you slapped a case on it?

i605_600x600_xlarge_cf_1.jpg

dat button

surprised they didn't slap it on the note 3
T-Mobile seems to be the only carrier not to do this.

kehs

Banned
That's the one thing I miss since I started buying phones off contract, carrier logos make you look more legit, more confident.

T-Mobile seems to be the only carrier not to do this.

If I had the network that T-Mobile has, I would be ashamed to put my logo on phones too

YOU MUST KNOW

AT

ALL

TIMES

Every time I start Remote Play on my Vita tethered to my phone and enjoy similar-to-landline Internet latency and high bandwidth video streaming over Verizon 4G LTE, I already know. I don't actually need the Verizon button on my Note II to remind me how awesome Verizon's network is and how awesome it is that I can literally play my PS4 anywhere.

Zeppu

So my Nexus 5 screen suddenly fucked up. I have massive discolouration throughout the whole screen except for a small soft border around the edges. Black appears to be purple.

This sucks :(

I have att with unlimited data. My phone is unlock and unbranded so it can tether. Would att flag me if the device that tethers are other smart phones or a tablet(nexus 7)

My girlfriend is always running out of data on her plan and so I'm wondering if I can turn on hotspot on my Z2 for she can use her iPhone?

I know att flags when you if you use your phone tethering to a laptop...

Can't even keep up with this stuff anymore. They say they will have their phones launching in the US in a year or so.

Two years from now choosing a phone is going to be crazy. Silly amount of options.

I think I'm going to chill with my smartphone obessesion right now, probably shift to cameras....rx100 m3 is on point.

Smartphone cameras are only good for selfies anyways..the rx100 m3 will be the greatest selfies device ever! Lol

I have att with unlimited data. My phone is unlock and unbranded so it can tether. Would att flag me if the device that tethers are other smart phones or a tablet(nexus 7)

My girlfriend is always running out of data on her plan and so I'm wondering if I can turn on hotspot on my Z2 for she can use her iPhone?

I know att flags when you if you use your phone tethering to a laptop...
An iPhone will not trigger any tether check that looks for a desktop user agent but its still possible Sony's tethering implementation reports to the network that the phone is indeed tethering, which will give them reason to kick you off your unlimited plan. I don't think that owning the unlocked version instead of a branded version changes anything.

It's been a while since I used at&t but back then they sent a warning text before removing your plan. If they still do this, it wouldnt hurt to try. I would suggest you google people's experiences with unlocked z1 and other recent sony devices and AT&T. Worst case, I think there are apps that don't utilize the stick tethering but none come to mind. I think the developer Koush made one a while back but again, it's been a long time since I did any research and things change rapidly in this space.

An iPhone will not trigger any tether check that looks for a desktop user agent but its still possible Sony's tethering implementation reports to the network that the phone is indeed tethering, which will give them reason to kick you off your unlimited plan. I don't think that owning the unlocked version instead of a branded version changes anything.

It's been a while since I used at&t but back then they sent a warning text before removing your plan. If they still do this, it wouldnt hurt to try. I would suggest you google people's experiences with unlocked z1 and other recent devices and AT&T.

Thank you sir... Been researching but couldn't find a clear answer..

Anyways to mask the tethering? Because it's basically the same data anyways, just a different device(smartphone)

Futureman

Google Play ebooks let you download an EPUB file with .ascm extension. Is there a way for me to make a PDF of this? I would like to get a hard copy.

edit: googling around looks like there's really no way as far as I can tell. Ah well. I run a paperback book printer at work haha.

S5 Active looks kinda... good to me

gsmarena_002.jpg

Excellent, I was hoping we'd see an Active version of the S5.

It might sounds a little silly, but the thing that makes me like these Active versions is not them being more sturdy, but just the fact that they have 3 physical buttons on the front instead of two touch buttons.

SuperSah

Banned
Why does setting a wallpaper horrifically destroy image quality?

Image 2 Wallpaper sorts it, but there's no way to set the lockscreen.

Any help?

Jigolo

Yeah I'm also waiting for a phone with the S805 (likely the Z3). The last 32-bit SoC from QC and then I'll upgrade in a few years when 64-bit android and apps have matured.

Anyways to mask the tethering? Because it's basically the same data anyways, just a different device(smartphone)

Smartphone to smartphone tethering is probably hard to detect.

Laptop to smartphone tethering is easy to detect.

You lose nothing by trying anyways.

I tether things to my phone with the grandfathered unlimited data plan all the time and Verizon doesn't care. AT&T isn't so nice though.

You have the international Z2. It won't have AT&T's customised software to report back tethering data so they won't know if you are using it. On most US phones carriers customise tethering mode so once activated the phone reports data usage separately so they can charge for it. Tethering is not something European and other global carriers charge for so Sony don't bother with reporting data specific to tethering.

Smartphone to smartphone tethering is probably hard to detect.

Laptop to smartphone tethering is easy to detect.

You lose nothing by trying anyways.

I tether things to my phone with the grandfathered unlimited data plan all the time and Verizon doesn't care. AT&T isn't so nice though.

Thanks homie, thats what I though....

Yeah at&t will take always your unlimited plan if the catch you tethering multiple times.

You have the international Z2. It won't have AT&T's customised software to report back tethering data so they won't know if you are using it. On most US phones carriers customise tethering mode so once activated the phone reports data usage separately so they can charge for it. Tethering is not something European and other global carriers charge for so Sony don't bother with reporting data specific to tethering.

Hmmmm...good to know...

Anyways, I'll try it a few times, see if att warns me.. Thug life!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom